3rd and 6th for Darnold and keep him

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he will learn or he can flip burgers. As a HC with solid DC and OC he might have a future in this league but as an offensive mind he is headed to being a High School coach.

The sad part is you haven't fully grasped Nagy's immense pride and huge ego. He cant help himself. Thats it. His stubborness simply wont allow to that happen.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which of the 6-15 QBs in this draft have as much talent as Darnold and experience that won't take 2-3 years to be ready to play. Maybe Mond.
LOL. So you want the one proven not to be wanted? Every 1st round QB fits your profile but about a 3rd are worth the vig yet you want the one that has shown not to be. If he was worth that, don't you think the Jets would be better off with a few more 1st round picks instead of swapping Darnold for an unknown quantity.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Over 10 Super Bowls have been won by QBs that were not drafted by that team. Retreads can work if you get the right one.
I'm not a Darnold fan. Just want to see the Bears take a step forward in finding a long term answer at QB. Several NFL scouts believe Darnold can turn it around and be a good NFL starter. I'd rather see this happen in Chicago rather than Carolina.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just trying to have a positive discussion. All the negativity gets old when this is supposed to be a bunch of Bears fans. I'd expect Foles to be traded soon. Dalton and Darnold could be ok. Carolina is a threat to trade for Darnold. One nice thing about Darnold he is used to playing in the cold and wind.

0% chance of having a positive thread on CCS.......0%.

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Everyone is complain about Nagy. Ok, experts. Who you want Nagy to be replaced with? I'm asking for names and why.

Answer 'I think Jo Blow will be better' won't work.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Darnold probably costs a second. And he sucks. And he’s only got one year under contract. Hard pass. If your going to trade give me Minshew. He’s at least played at a sort of high level. And has two years of contract at a cheap price

woukd rather just draft the best QB available personally
Don't think Darnold would cost a second. Closer we get to the draft the pressure will be on the Jets to move him. Does Darnold suck or has he been given one of the worst hands of any QB in recent history. In his three years in the league he has had perhaps the worst coaching staff in the game, horrible OL play, no running game at all, very little in the way of a passing game, and has had to battle both injury and illness. If anyone needs a do over it is Dalton.

Last edited:

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Don't remember the scouts name but he went out and found throws from during games that Darnold has made that were similar to every impressive throw that Wilson made during his pro day. This guy thinks the Jets should trade down and keep Darnold. Kiper has come out and said Darnold would be the 2nd QB taken in this draft if going by talent when they came out of college. Some may not like Kiper. That is fine. He has forgotten more about the NFL and young football players than I'll ever know.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Are a bunch of you afraid for the Bears succeed? Do you hate Pace and Nagy so much, losing is the best option for you. I want the Bears to win. I'd love it if we got Darnold and he turned into what some scouts thing he could be. He has more talent than any Bears QB in my lifetime. Can this coaching staff get it out of him? I'm not sure, but I'd root for that to happen not against it.

Shit i'm rooting for Dalton to take us to the playoffs next year so i'm with you, but unfortunately there's too many that have gotten caught up in all the Bears hate that this board provides from certain posters every single day on here.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
one of the things I was looking forward to when Pace was hired was his commitment to drafting a QB “every year”. That’s the only way you’re going to find the “diamond in the rough” guys that can turn a franchise around. Now, it appears Pace is flailing, trying to find that guy in free agency or trade which will ultimately be too costly and unproductive. The lifeblood is the draft, and mistakes in the draft can doom a franchise for decades, and unfortunately I think we’re there. Missing on draft picks, especially first rounders is one thing, trading away draft picks is just throwing good money after bad...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Everyone is complain about Nagy. Ok, experts. Who you want Nagy to be replaced with? I'm asking for names and why.

Brian Daboll- OC for Buffalo, developed Josh Allen about as raw as a QB prospect to come out in recent years.
Joe Brady- OC for Carolina, responsible for turning Joe Burrow from undraftable to #1 overall pick
Byron Leftwich- OC for Tampa, sure he had Brady this past season, but Winston put up astronomical numbers with him, just threw too many picks
Mike LaFleur- he'll get Trevor Lawrence as Jets OC, if that offense turns it around quickly, he'll be a hot name like his brother and from the Shanahan tree, which has had a LOT of coaching success in recent years.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Brian Daboll- OC for Buffalo, developed Josh Allen about as raw as a QB prospect to come out in recent years.
Joe Brady- OC for Carolina, responsible for turning Joe Burrow from undraftable to #1 overall pick
Byron Leftwich- OC for Tampa, sure he had Brady this past season, but Winston put up astronomical numbers with him, just threw too many picks
Mike LaFleur- he'll get Trevor Lawrence as Jets OC, if that offense turns it around quickly, he'll be a hot name like his brother and from the Shanahan tree, which has had a LOT of coaching success in recent years.
Don't think the Jets will get Trevor Lawrence but the same applies to Wilson. Nagy is not Andy Reid. The sooner he realizes it the better it will be for the Bears and him. He has shown some good signs as a HC. But he can't get out of his own way as an offensive guy. He needs to be more like John Harbaugh. Hire good coordinators and manage the team. Like several have said. Not sure he can control himself to do that.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’ve been saying it for months...Pace is going to trade for Darnold. #calledit

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I would do 1 or 2 if Jones was available. I'm higher on Jones than Lance. The trade for Darnold is too much with no other obvious trading partners. Carolina is going to take one of the 2 at 8.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Forgot Lincoln Riley. Developed Murray, Hurts, and Mayfield. His offense is always top 5 in NCAA. he is an innovator.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Don't think the Jets will get Trevor Lawrence but the same applies to Wilson. Nagy is not Andy Reid. The sooner he realizes it the better it will be for the Bears and him. He has shown some good signs as a HC. But he can't get out of his own way as an offensive guy. He needs to be more like John Harbaugh. Hire good coordinators and manage the team. Like several have said. Not sure he can control himself to do that.

Ah yeah, mixed up Jets and Jags. And I agree with this. I hope he's learning, but IDK at this point.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Which of the 6-15 QBs in this draft have as much talent as Darnold and experience that won't take 2-3 years to be ready to play. Maybe Mond.
All of them.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I think mike blow will be better

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
This is a nonsensical overpay for Darnold. If you’re willing to pay him $18m in 2022 then great news - you can have him for 0 draft picks by just waiting til the offseason. Hell, you can probably get him for half that amount - he probably gets a similar contract to Mitch albeit inflated a bit as the cap returns.