4/12 - Blackhawks (29-5-4) VS Red Wings (19-15-6) RDS, NHLN-US, CSN-CH 7:30 p.m.

Ton

Liked Posts:
<div>I can't believe how lazy ya'll are...</div>
<div> </div>
<div>LAST GAME: Blackhawks 1, Minnesota 0 April 9, 2013 –Xcel Energy Center</div>
<ul class="bbc">[*]The Blackhawks won their third straight game on Tuesday in St. Paul, handing the Minnesota Wild a 1-0 loss at the Xcel Energy Center.
[*]MARIAN HOSSA scored the lone goal for Chicago, netting his team-leading fifth game-winning goal of the year.
[*]JONATHAN TOEWS appeared in his 400th career NHL game.
[*]PATRICK SHARP returned to the lineup after missing 14 games due to injury and took a game-high tying five shots on goal.
[*]Defenseman NICK LEDDY skated in a season-high 21:06 of ice time.
[*]Goaltender RAY EMERY posted his third shutout in his last five starts, stopping all 20 shots he faced.
[/list]<p style="text-align:center;">*****</p>
<p style="text-align:center;"> </p>

</p>
<div>vs. DETROIT</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The Blackhawks and Red Wings will meet for the fourth and final time this season on Friday at the United Center ... Chicago has earned a perfect 3-0-0 record vs. the Red Wings this season, earning a 2-1 overtime win on Jan. 27 at the United Center, and a 2-1 shootout win on March 3 and a 7-1 victory on March 31 in Detroit.</div>
<ul class="bbc">[*]JONATHAN TOEWS leads the Blackhawks with four points (1G, 3A) vs. Detroit this season.
[*]Rookie BRANDON SAAD ranks second with three points (2G, 1A) in the first three games.
[*]Defenseman NICK LEDDY is tied for the team lead with two goals.
[*]COREY CRAWFORD has appeard in all three games vs. the Red Wings, posting a 3-0-0 record with a 0.96 goals-against average.
[/list]<p style="text-align:center;"> </p>
<p style="text-align:center;">*****</p>

</p>
<div style="text-align:left;">UPCOMING CAREER MILESTONES</div>
<div style="text-align:left;"> </div>
<div style="text-align:left;">DAVE BOLLAND: 98 A (2 from 100)</div>
<div style="text-align:left;">MARIAN HOSSA: 497 A (3 from 500)</div>
<div style="text-align:left;">DUNCAN KEITH: 246 A (4 away from 250)</div>
<div style="text-align:left;">NICK LEDDY: 47 A (3 away from 50)</div>
<div style="text-align:left;">JOHNNY ODUYA: 99 A (1 from 100)</div>
<div style="text-align:left;">PATRICK SHARP: 198 G (2 from 200)</div>
<p style="text-align:center;">*****</p>

</p>

GOALTENDING DUEL</p>

</p>

COREY CRAWFORD: Career vs. Opp 14 GP / 10-2-2 / 0 SO / 1.82 GAA / .944 SV%</p>

JIMMY HOWARD: Career vs. Opp 16 GP / 4-7-4 / 0 SO / 2.85 GAA / .903 SV%</p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's about time someone got this damn thing up!</p>

</p>

fatguyeatinggrapes22040.jpg
</p>

</p>

</p>

Hawks 4 Red Wings 2</p>

</p>

GO HAWKS!</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ida B. Wells' Nephew" data-cid="191721" data-time="1365806271">
<div>

It's about time someone got this damn thing up!</p>

</p>

fatguyeatinggrapes22040.jpg
</p>

</p>

</p>

Hawks 4 Red Wings 2</p>

</p>

GO HAWKS!</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Holy shit....Stu swollowed RK!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I post too much to start creating gdt

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
theres the best captain in the league being clutch yet again....</p>

</p>

but shame on you hawks powerplay..for shame for shame tsk tsk tsk...shame... shame.double shame....now i know your girlfriends name.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="191748" data-time="1365821759">
<div>

theres the best captain in the league being clutch yet again....</p>

</p>

but shame on you hawks powerplay..for shame for shame tsk tsk tsk...shame... shame..now i know your girlfriends name.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

That is why he is just Captain Everything. . .so dreamy and wonderful at this hockey shit. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="191749" data-time="1365821873">
<div>

That is why he is just Captain Everything. . .so dreamy and wonderful at this hockey shit. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hes unbelievable when he takes the games into his own hands. I'm not sure if I ever seen someone do it as many times as Toews has its incredible. Maybe Mario would be the best comparison of a guy in the past who just demanded the puck when the game was in jeopardy. Toews is like the Jordon of hockey.</p>

</p>

I would be in chat but my feed tonight is brutal and I cant handle these horrible detroit announcers. Thank god these guys arent working for the Hawks. </p>

</p>

Leddy also needs to sit out the OT he has been horrible since the 2nd period of this game.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The Hawks look like they are on a PP more when they are at even strength than when they have a man advantage. What is going on? This shit just keeps getting worse. At this point the coaches just need to put out the lines as they are at even strength, and not say a god damn thing to them. Let the players play. What the fuck is the purpose of Handzus on the first PP unit with Toews and Hossa? What are the Hawks trying to do on the PP, because I have absolutely no fucking idea.</p>

</p>

How are your best players not out together on the 1st PP unit? Why this obsession with spreading the wealth on the PP? So tiring. Leddy should be on the 1st PP unit every single time. He should play the entire fucking PP, to be completely honest. He is the ONLY guy willing to gain the zone.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CRAWFORD! HOSSA! SAAD! </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="191756" data-time="1365822738">
<div>

The Hawks look like they are on a PP more when they are at even strength than when they have a man advantage. What is going on? This shit just keeps getting worse. At this point the coaches just need to put out the lines as they are at even strength, and not say a god damn thing to them. Let the players play. What the fuck is the purpose of Handzus on the first PP unit with Toews and Hossa? What are the Hawks trying to do on the PP, because I have absolutely no fucking idea.</p>

</p>

How are your best players not out together on the 1st PP unit? Why this obsession with spreading the wealth on the PP? So tiring. Leddy should be on the 1st PP unit every single time. He should play the entire fucking PP, to be completely honest. He is the ONLY guy willing to gain the zone.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

the late pp in the 3rd was the most frustrating when leddy makes a great rush and no one...NO ONE follows him and drives the net or is even close to the damn net....where are they? All at the hashmarks and the blueline still watching Leddy. Ugh that drives me crazy.</p>

</p>

Anyways Toews wins us 2 points. Hossa ripping them in the shoot out is fun as hell and Craw was Craw in the shootout. Division clinched!!</p>

</p>

oh and p.s. Stalberg had himself a pretty nice game also.. not perfect but he was noticeable. Wings have no answer for his speed. That team has become slow and their blueline is just empty (Howard bailed them out a lot tonight). Hope they live up to my prediction and miss the playoffs. Wings have become boring...I would honestly much rather watch a young hard working but boring Blue Jackets team.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Sharp not taking faceoffs the last three seasons is probably the biggest indictment on this coaching staff(and the PP). He's what, like 77% the last two games? :icon-lol:</p>

</p>

I have no idea what you're talking about with Leddy, to be honest. I thought he played pretty damn well. I thought if any of the defensemen had a bad night, it was Seabrook. He was a turnover machine, and Leddy bailed him out several times.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
EVERYTHING has gone the Hawks hockeyverse way tonight! Hawks WIN!  :handgestures-thumbupleft:  IceHogs WIN!  :handgestures-thumbupleft: London Knights WIN!  :handgestures-thumbupleft: Rouyn-Noranda Huskies WIN!   :handgestures-thumbupleft:  Today's Hobey Baker winner signed!   :handgestures-thumbupleft:</p>

</p>

</p>

It was a little bit nerve-wracking and making me scatterbrained frazzled having 4 streams up at one point but. . .OH. SO. WORTH. IT. </p>

</p>

</p>

ETA:  I almost forgot! Brandon Pirri sets AHL record for most pts. in a game (1g, 5a)!  :handgestures-thumbupleft:  Ben Smith scores a hat trick!  :handgestures-thumbupleft:</p>

IceHogs win the 2013 Illinois Lottery Cup for their regular season play against PEO and CHI!  :handgestures-thumbupleft:</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I wish jako could post. I could use a good zues rant

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright Detroit. Now get the out of here and go to the eastern conference with your tail your legs. 4 game sweep.

I will miss the rivalry though.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, puttin Hossa 3rd in the SO was a good idea.</p>

</p>

EDIT:  BTW, Hawks were 30-5-4 before the game. :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought the Hawks looks quite uninspired for most of the game. The PP in the third was the most sorry display so far, they didn't even bother to try, just awful. However they still managed to get a full set of points so can't be too disappointed. Hossa with that wicked shot again in the SO and nice backhand shelf for Saad.

I have a feeling they are already waiting for the playoffs to come around. Division clinched, now it's only to get that PT (which I don't really care about to be honest).