4 Line Matches to ponder

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Torch is ready to play big minutes with Jones and Kaiser could pull of the limited third line minutes of late 2015.
Unless Korch is a bonafied NHL #2 at this point, and that's incredibly improbable at this point, there is zero reason to rush him, much less him being a Hjalmarsson-type that is needed to compliment Seth Jones' play style.

I'm not talking being the 2nd best D-man on the 'hawks right now. Brian Campbell could come out of retirement and be the 2nd best D-man on the 'hawks right now. I'm talking being one of the top D-men in the league.

You'd be expecting Korch to be able to shutdown guys like McDavid, Draisaitl, Makar, McKinnon, etc.; something we'd count on a #2 to do...at 18 years old. Even Keith didn't play until he was 22 and he was a liability in his first season, much less being able to shut down the likes of Crosby, Malkin, and Ovi.

If he looks good in camp, give him his 5-9 game cup of coffee and a good glimpse at how hard the NHL is. I'd rather him play top-line minutes for Seattle, and subsequently Rockford, then him being ruined at 18 like Kirby Dach likely was.

I get it, he's a nice, shiny new toy for the 'hawks, but the rebuild is a long game. There is zero need to rush anyone at this point. Let them develop right.