4th & 13

BigTom

Liked Posts:
It was a good play. They only got to run it because he got bailed out by the refs on an obvious intentional grounding right before this though. That non call in a tied game completely changed the game. So as long as Justin gets lucky calls he can be the guy for a game.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It was a good play. They only got to run it because he got bailed out by the refs on an obvious intentional grounding right before this though. That non call in a tied game completely changed the game. So as long as Justin gets lucky calls he can be the guy for a game.
Guess you missed where if the ball hits a player, its considered interfered with, thus not grounding.

But you have your agenda.

If seeing the Bears win a game gets you so angry, why are you here?

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Fields got the Lions to jump offsides for a free play and threw a perfect pass given the opportunity. Then later he smoothly coasted into the corner of the end zone for another 6pts. I don’t know what this team looks like in Week One next season, but those two plays show his upside quite clearly.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Guess you missed where if the ball hits a player, its considered interfered with, thus not grounding.

But you have your agenda.

If seeing the Bears win a game gets you so angry, why are you here?
If that call was the other way and the Bears opponent got away with it there'd be a thread with 100 posts already picking it apart. Nobody wants to see bad officiating changing games. Intentional grounding shouldn't be a judgment call. It shouldn't be what the refs opinion on what he thinks the qb was trying to do. It should just be what was the result. The qb was in the grasp and threw the ball straight at his linemans feet with no receiver anywhere near. That's intentional grounding whether it's the team I'm rooting for or not. The Bears got lucky and it changed the game.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You might wanna learn the rule for that play before spouting off dumb fuck.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If that call was the other way and the Bears opponent got away with it there'd be a thread with 100 posts already picking it apart. Nobody wants to see bad officiating changing games. Intentional grounding shouldn't be a judgment call. It shouldn't be what the refs opinion on what he thinks the qb was trying to do. It should just be what was the result. The qb was in the grasp and threw the ball straight at his linemans feet with no receiver anywhere near. That's intentional grounding whether it's the team I'm rooting for or not. The Bears got lucky and it changed the game.
That’s a lot of whining when it’s just easier to say you were wrong.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So personally, I thought he got sacked in live play. I really don't like the intent of throwing the ball while you are going to the ground, in the old days that was being unsafe with the ball. Now you have QBs trying to throw as they go down while defenders have to take an extra second to make sure that the QB isnt tackled tooooo hard to avoid a penalty.

I bring this up because I am old and stuck in the past. I am glad Fields got the ball out and got a chance to add a highlight to his reel. That 4th down pass was beautiful, and I jumped out of the couch so fast to cheer that my dad's dog jumped too.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It was not obvious intentional grounding. You don’t understand The rule book do you?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the throw is affected by the hit of the linemen and the QB is throwing in the direction of a receiver then it’s not intentional grounding. This isn’t hard to comprehend.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
my question about this, and would be Getsy if I am Ryan Poles. "Why aren't you running this at least once every game?"

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
my question about this, and would be Getsy if I am Ryan Poles. "Why aren't you running this at least once every game?"
It's highly situational - first off you need to go to the line in a situation where you know you're not going for it on 4th down.

Then you need Justin/Jenkins to bluff in such a way that convinced the defense that they're going for it. The fake line call by Jenkins + Justin's cadence got Hutch to jump and Justin/DJ did their thing.

I was at the 2001 Mike Brown OT INT game - this play tops it. Justin's football intelligence shined in a way that we've only been on the other end of for 15 or so years with that jackass up north. This was the play that solidified Justin as the man in this town.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's highly situational - first off you need to go to the line in a situation where you know you're not going for it on 4th down.

Then you need Justin/Jenkins to bluff in such a way that convinced the defense that they're going for it. The fake line call by Jenkins + Justin's cadence got Hutch to jump and Justin/DJ did their thing.

I was at the 2001 Mike Brown OT INT game - this play tops it. Justin's football intelligence shined in a way that we've only been on the other end of for 15 or so years with that jackass up north. This was the play that solidified Justin as the man in this town.

Yea this was all the players. Getsy's dumb ass had nothing to do with this. If it was 4th and 4 he'd have called a screen.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yea this was all the players. Getsy's dumb ass had nothing to do with this. If it was 4th and 4 he'd have called a screen.

The timeout the Bears burnt when the time clock was going down. It was Justin calling audible late, which is great!

He's figuring it out and getting more comfortable with the system before your very eyes boyz

All coaching. Luke Getsy is the man!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

the Packer's used to run that on us sometimes 2-3 times a game. I agree it's situational, why has it taken 13 games in to see it? Justin said they practice it 2-3 times a week.