5 Quick Observations Week 17

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Mooney turns short passes into larger gains. He has a gift.

2. Trevathan looked 5 years younger and was all over the field. I hope and expect that to continue next week.

3. Jaylon Johnson is very missed (duh understatement)

4. Pierce is quite interesting and might be another phenomenal pickup

5. Several posters not so fond of Trubisky have said in different threads that they will change their opinion with a win over Green Bay. Let's hope we all have the opportunity to see who will keep their word.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am enjoying watching Mooney play. I hope he is here for a long time and stays healthy and keeps growing.

Travathan and RoqSmitty are both playing good ball right now. It is nice to see linebackers flying all over the place again.

Our D line needs to get after Rogers, It is sad to see Floyd balling out in LA after he was so mediocre with our team. Hopefully that is not a trend that continues with the d line.

msadows

Liked Posts:
1. Mooney turns short passes into larger gains. He has a gift.

2. Trevathan looked 5 years younger and was all over the field. I hope and expect that to continue next week.

3. Jaylon Jennings is very missed (duh understatement)

4. Pierce is quite interesting and might be another phenomenal pickup

5. Several posters not so fond of Trubisky have said in different threads that they will change their opinion with a win over Green Bay. Let's hope we all have the opportunity to see who will keep their word.

Spoiler alert: None. Those posters will always hate mitch and root against him more than root for the bears. If the bears win with mitch, their first instinct is not to applaud the win but to nitpick mitch's game.

Otherwise, yea, mooney is gonna be a steal in the 5th round. Monty is looking like the best RB of his draft class too, after all the cunting on here hoping we drafted other rb's.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Spoiler alert: None. Those posters will always hate mitch and root against him more than root for the bears. If the bears win with mitch, their first instinct is not to applaud the win but to nitpick mitch's game.

Otherwise, yea, mooney is gonna be a steal in the 5th round. Monty is looking like the best RB of his draft class too, after all the cunting on here hoping we drafted other rb's.

We still need a big body RB in my IMO.

and I will admit I was on the Nagy/Mitchell/Offense sucks side of things but that was because they did suck. Have you forgotten Mitchell air mailing the ball like ten feet over a wide open receivers head multiple times per game?

I am sure there was a lot behind the scenes that affected what was happening at that point that isn't now, but it seems to me that dear sweet Mitchell might just be a little more comfy with Lazor's play calling than he was with Nagy's, that doesn't mean that he didn't suck a bunch of ass along the way.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

and I will admit I was on the Nagy/Mitchell/Offense sucks side of things but that was because they did suck. Have you forgotten Mitchell air mailing the ball like ten feet over a wide open receivers head multiple times per game?

I am sure there was a lot behind the scenes that affected what was happening at that point that isn't now, but it seems to me that dear sweet Mitchell might just be a little more comfy with Lazor's play calling than he was with Nagy's, that doesn't mean that he didn't suck a bunch of ass along the way.

Oh I agree, there were bad times. If there ever was a pressure situation it is this upcoming Sunday. Let's hope for minimal WTF moments.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm a self professed Mitch hater. And if he beats the Pack, I've already said I'd calm that down.

Hard to shake when you've been disappointed time and time again

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The backfield needs straightline speed more than it needs a big body.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They definitely need that straight line speed rb to compliment Monty. If you had that Hunt type of of RB to go along with Montgomery, it would be a tough backfield to stop. Wish we also had that Qb-Wr connection like Mahomes and Hill. A speed demon Wr that a QB can hit on any route.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shocker, everybody looks good against the worst team in the NFL. And, LMAO, I knew some Bears' fan here would start singing the praises of Pierce after he scored his first NFL TD.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Shocker, everybody looks good against the worst team in the NFL. And, LMAO, I knew some Bears' fan here would start singing the praises of Pierce after he scored his first NFL TD.
disliked for being a dorkchop.

msadows

Liked Posts:

This, I've mentioned I'd love to see us go after phillip lindsay in the offseason. He shouldn't cost too much since he gets hurt every time he touches the ball. Still a great change of pace back for monty.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Don’t think anyone is praising Piece. Most people just want to see him get a few more snaps if Monty comes out of the game. I’d rather have an explosive Rb come in over Nall or Patterson

msadows

Liked Posts:
Don’t think anyone is praising Piece. Most people just want to see him get a few more snaps if Monty comes out of the game. I’d rather have an explosive Rb come in over Nall or Patterson

Yup, patterson isn't a RB.

Pierce is better than Nall. Nall is just a much worse version of Monty.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This, I've mentioned I'd love to see us go after phillip lindsay in the offseason. He shouldn't cost too much since he gets hurt every time he touches the ball. Still a great change of pace back for monty.

So you want the Bears to go after a guy that gets hurt every time he touches the ball? (Your own words)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Jags have played some damn good teams awfully well

msadows

Liked Posts:
So you want the Bears to go after a guy that gets hurt every time he touches the ball? (Your own words)

If its cheap, sure, why not.

He's the best scheme fit for a change of pace back. We'll still have cohen and he should come cheap. It's worth the risk imo.