643 Sports - Chicago Sports Franchises (Bulls)

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
One of our main topics for tonight's show is going to be an overview of how Chicago sports franchise have been run in the past 10-15 years both positive and negative.

I was hoping to get some of your guys opinion on your respective franchises, since 1995 how do you feel the Chicago Bulls have been ran? Have they done a good job, have you been disappointed?

We're talking a ton of periods here with the Bulls both the 3-peat in the later half of the decade, into the REAL bad times now into the floating slightly around the middle that we're at now.

Overall though, past 15 years, how do you feel they've been ran? I want to hear from you guys.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, 15 years is a broad time frame. They brought in Rodman in 1995, but after that they couldn't get Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, or Jackson to sign more than a 1-2 year deal. Then they team free-fell in 1998-99 in the lock-out year... they got Elton Brand but fate had it that they would give him up for only Tyson Chandler... then some bad luck happened to their #2 overall pick, Jay Williams... (not their fault). Then they trade Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas.. huge mistake. But luckily that ultimately gave the Bulls' the chance to get the #1 pick and select Derrick Rose. I think the men who run the Bulls are cheap bastards (see Vinny Del Negro hiring), but I respect John Paxson and I do think he's doing the best job he, or anybody else, could do. Gar Forman has also given us a chance to get a max-FA this summer - and best of all, we still have our core 5 guys for next season.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Overall though taking into account the titles as well as the bad points do you feel the franchise has done a good job or been well ran in the past 10-15 years?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I'd say from 1995-00 it was extremely poor, and it cost them until about 2003.
From 2000-05, They did a decent job - with the exception of a few minor road bumps.
From 2005-2010, I'd say they are doing a hell of a job... they finally seem like they are commited to being a smart, class organization again.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the opinion man, I'm sure you won't mind if we name drop your post and use it for the show tonight :)

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
I posed this question in the Cubs section but I'll pose it to you or any other Bulls fan who wants to respond.

If the Bulls stay at a similar pace to where they are at now, or if they start trending downward or whatever... let's just say they don't win a title or really get close in the next 10 years... does your fandom change at all? Do you start going to less games, buying less merchandise, watching them less or do you feel it would stay pretty much the same no matter what?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Not at all.....

The Bulls are the Bulls....whether they have 10 championships in the next 10 years or 0, i will still watch them, buy jerseys, buy tickets when im in chicago etc.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Does anyone remember the "I never jumped off the bandwagon" commercials they resorted to when they made the team suck in the early 00s?