8 most likely franchise tags

Luke

Liked Posts:
5) Kyle Fuller, CB, Chicago Bears: Fuller is the Doug Martin of cornerbacks, mixing in an eye-opening season every three years. Luckily for Fuller, his great years came as a rookie and in a contract season. A long-term deal here would be preferable, but it makes no sense for GM Ryan Pace to allow a young starter coming off an excellent campaign to leave, further weakening a position of need. Pace's decision not to use the fifth-year option in Fuller's rookie contract last May has come back to haunt the franchise, like a lot of Pace's decisions.

Big names, no projected tag

1) Jarvis Landry, WR, Miami Dolphins: Landry is the toughest player to predict on this list. His production and talent are worthy of beaucoup bucks, but the Dolphins' repeated public ambivalence about their slot receiver looms larger. Landry was reportedly dangled in a potential trade (to Ravens) by Miami last offseason, a move that the Dolphins may now wish they had made.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nchisetag-primer-eight-most-likely-candidates

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ryan Tannehill without Jarvis Landry is going to be bad.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Fuller should be offered a good not great deal and then tagged if he does not accept

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Pace's decision not to use the fifth-year option in Fuller's rookie contract last May has come back to haunt the franchise, like a lot of Pace's decisions.
What the fuck greg rosenthal?! Let it go! It was all in the past.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Ryan Tannehill without Jarvis Landry is going to be bad.

Not necessarily. Depends on what their draft looks like. I am not a fan of the Dolphins at all.... but they have talent to build around with Stills, Parker and Drake.

Luke

Liked Posts:
yep, they can draft a slot receiver like DJ Moore in the 2nd and wont miss a beat.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Is there anyone else on roster besides Fuller that would be appropriate to tag? It seems to me that this year we are light on exiting FAs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What the fuck greg rosenthal?! Let it go! It was all in the past.

Why in the fuck would Pace exercise the 5th year option on Fuller after sitting the whole year and playing like shit the previous year? Do you have any thoughts other than the fact you hate Pace and apparently miss being able to blow Phil Emery?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Why in the fuck would Pace exercise the 5th year option on Fuller after sitting the whole year and playing like shit the previous year? Do you have any thoughts other than the fact you hate Pace and apparently miss being able to blow Phil Emery?

I am not a fan of emery and disappointed that the bears replaced him with a gm that was even worse.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
What is he referring to here?

The other dumb decisions pace made that set the franchise back like like tradding bennet and marshall, letting alshon and gould go, signing mike glennon. List goes on.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I am not a fan of emery and disappointed that the bears replaced him with a gm that was even worse.

If you were the Bears GM, would you have picked up Fuller’s option?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Crickets from the worst poster on the forum...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
5) Kyle Fuller, CB, Chicago Bears: Fuller is the Doug Martin of cornerbacks, mixing in an eye-opening season every three years. Luckily for Fuller, his great years came as a rookie and in a contract season. A long-term deal here would be preferable, but it makes no sense for GM Ryan Pace to allow a young starter coming off an excellent campaign to leave, further weakening a position of need. Pace's decision not to use the fifth-year option in Fuller's rookie contract last May has come back to haunt the franchise, like a lot of Pace's decisions.

Big names, no projected tag

1) Jarvis Landry, WR, Miami Dolphins: Landry is the toughest player to predict on this list. His production and talent are worthy of beaucoup bucks, but the Dolphins' repeated public ambivalence about their slot receiver looms larger. Landry was reportedly dangled in a potential trade (to Ravens) by Miami last offseason, a move that the Dolphins may now wish they had made.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nchisetag-primer-eight-most-likely-candidates

So are you saying you would of picked up his 5th year option after everything we went through with him for his first 3 years? Anyone that says yes either just isn't remembering all the question marks with him after 3 years or is just plain lying. Pace made the right decision at that time and it's just something that hasn't worked out.

Should we also pick up K.White's 5th year option at $14 mil? He could do just what Fuller did and come out and have a good season (not likely) next year, but as was with Fuller, at this time right now there's no way in hell we can pick up that 5th year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is there anyone else on roster besides Fuller that would be appropriate to tag? It seems to me that this year we are light on exiting FAs.

Hellz no

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Alpha Male = Phil Emery....:thinking:

He's mad he got fired

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Alpha Male = Phil Emery....:thinking:

He's mad he got fired

LOL. I think emery sucks. If i had to rank the last three shitty gms from worst to least worst it would go something like this

1. pace
2. emery
3. angelo

Luke

Liked Posts:
So are you saying you would of picked up his 5th year option after everything we went through with him for his first 3 years? Anyone that says yes either just isn't remembering all the question marks with him after 3 years or is just plain lying. Pace made the right decision at that time and it's just something that hasn't worked out.

Should we also pick up K.White's 5th year option at $14 mil? He could do just what Fuller did and come out and have a good season (not likely) next year, but as was with Fuller, at this time right now there's no way in hell we can pick up that 5th year.

this is from NFL.com, not me. I realize that reading is a skill, perhaps one you should learn.