96 Bulls for 2k9 AWESOME!

Liked Posts:
Wow...i remember playing the game when the 96 Bulls along with every other team in '96 were on the game. Feeling older by the day...

You know, I've wished for a long time that they would make a retro NBA game. For those of us who had the benefit of experiencing the NBA in the late 80's and early to mid 90's...that was the single-most greatest generation of the league and it's a shame the games we had then were so limited and stone age compared to the way games look now.

How cool would it be if they made a game based in the 1988 season...1990 season...with the graphics of today? Don Nelson with the old fish tie...a younger Barkler and Jordan and all those guys...the greatest team logos EVER at center-court...

Is there any chance that could happen or is it virtually impossible considering the legal proceedings that need to be met (paying all the players, coaches for their rights)?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I was thinking the same about a retro game. That would be nice. The best thing would be a mixed game where you are able to choose which season you want to play. From the beginnings to now. But that is just a dream and I know it will never become reality.

I think the key is the right for the players. I can´t see an other problem.

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
Yeah I was thinking the same about a retro game. That would be nice. The best thing would be a mixed game where you are able to choose which season you want to play. From the beginnings to now. But that is just a dream and I know it will never become reality.

Absolutely . We could see Jack Haley in video game HD!

Who doesn't want that!?

(I remember my first NBA game being so cheesy and bad not only did Scott Skiles dunk but he dunked on Hakeem Olajuwon). The greatest generation in the history of the NBA deserves better than that.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I never played a game with MJ. My first game was NBA Live 1999. Then I paused till NBA Live 2005. And from this game on till NBA Live 09 I´ve never missed one.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Man, it's too bad that Bill Wennington had to try and get the bench excited after that shot.

That was funny.

I don't think I played a game with the 1996 Bulls. But I had NBA Live 98 for PS1 and I played a season with the Bulls. I went 81-1 and swept through the playoffs. The only game I lost was to the Washington Wizards (or Bullets) I somehow blew a 15 pt 4th qtr lead and lost. My only loss of the season.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Plus, Jordan wasn't on the game and I made him 99s across the board, so that helped.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
Bullseye wrote:

Absolutely . We could see Jack Haley in video game HD!

Who doesn't want that!?

(I remember my first NBA game being so cheesy and bad not only did Scott Skiles dunk but he dunked on Hakeem Olajuwon). The greatest generation in the history of the NBA deserves better than that.
I think there would be some legality issues in having MJ, Barkley, and the like in a game as they haven't agreed to it (which they have to since they're not in the league anymore). So if you can get their permission to put them in the game (and the NBA's for making a game based off of it) then I think you're good.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
wow I think I jizzed a little lol.

My first game when I was younger NBA live 1997, I remember Rodman with the white hair, Player #99, and my starting center Robert Parish who i had to edit so he could actually run lol.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
James Edwards and Dickey Simpkins lmao classic.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Wow. I know what team I'm playing as! I'm going to go make Team 2k by being the 1996 Bulls every online game.

What was the deal with Michael Jordan and video games? It was always iffy.

The only games I remember Jordan being on that I had were Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs for Super Nintendo and NBA Live 2000 (as the unlockable character by winning the 1 on 1 games). He was also in the Space Jam game and that crappy Windy City game as well.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Newskoolbulls wrote:
wow I think I jizzed a little lol.

My first game when I was younger NBA live 1997, I remember Rodman with the white hair, Player #99, and my starting center Robert Parish who i had to edit so he could actually run lol.
LOL player 99! I remember seeing him and going, who the heck is this? A lame excuse for MJ?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Player 99 was on NBA Live 1999, too. :lol:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Wow. I know what team I'm playing as! I'm going to go make Team 2k by being the 1996 Bulls every online game.

What was the deal with Michael Jordan and video games? It was always iffy.

The only games I remember Jordan being on that I had were Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs for Super Nintendo and NBA Live 2000 (as the unlockable character by winning the 1 on 1 games). He was also in the Space Jam game and that crappy Windy City game as well.

Don't forget about Lakers vs. Celtics, Bulls vs. Lakers, Team USA Basketball & Jordan vs. Bird, the first bball game to feature a dunk contest & 3pt contest.

MJ was not in video games because he never had any player licensing contract after his first retirement from the NBA, & felt no need to negotiate a new one. He wasn't the only one. I remember Barkley did it too. It's a shame he didn't because we missed out on some great Jordan action during the 90's.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
noah is far far far far better on 2k9 than he actually is. it's pretty fun.