A 2nd round WR isn’t going to make or break Justin Fields' career.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There is no narrative. He played like shit in the pros and the hype he had as a prospect was because he played on an offense full of first round draft picks against slow, useless B1G teams. He couldn't hack it at Georgia and blamed some incident that happened on the baseball team for why he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm.

Ryan Pace fucked this franchise by giving up so much to acquire him and I'm glad he's gone so he can't do it again. You keep holding out hope that a Pace quarterback is anything other than shit. Ninth time's a charm.
"There is no narrative"- Guy who completely ignores all the contributing factors into why Fields had a bad season.
You had your pre-draft bias and you've been running with it ever since. It's ok, i did it with Mitch too. Only difference is i actually gave him until year 3.

It's odd, the consensus from people who cover the league say Justin Fields was not put in any position to succeed last season and now everyone is talking about how poor his supporting cast is. I'm supposed to take the word of the guy who thought Kindle Vildor was a starting CB because he made two open Field tackles and the guy who thought it was totally worth keeping Nagy if it meant keeping Pace? Talk about HOF of bad opinions. Screenshot 2022-04-14 140829.jpg

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
An even stronger argument to be made that Justin Fields just isn't very good.
Hey do you mind telling me why QBs fall in the draft? Yesterday you said it’s because they’re not good but I noticed that all the good QBs especially now aren’t the number 1 draft pick. So can you explain your idiotic statement to others?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is no narrative. He played like shit in the pros and the hype he had as a prospect was because he played on an offense full of first round draft picks against slow, useless B1G teams. He couldn't hack it at Georgia and blamed some incident that happened on the baseball team for why he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm.

Ryan Pace fucked this franchise by giving up so much to acquire him and I'm glad he's gone so he can't do it again. You keep holding out hope that a Pace quarterback is anything other than shit. Ninth time's a charm.
I think if the Bears did anything to improve the tackle positions they could've capitalized on Green Bay's dysfunction to win the division. That's all they had to do, instead we got this bizarre quarterback song-and-dance with two first round picks, ten millions dollars and Kyle Fuller all being thrown into the furnace while the rest of the team got worse.

They just blew it dude. This pick was made with no context, the Bears did nothing to give a chance to succeed. Notice how the Niners are going to give Trey Lance a stud left tackle for the next two or three years? Or how Belichick loaded up in free agency to build a competent roster around Mac Jones? Even the Jets went and grabbed Alijah Vera-Tucker to pair with Mekhi Beckton (who looked studly last year) and signed Corey Davis.

The Bears? Marquise Goodwin.

This you? Your hypocritical stance is hilarious

napo55

Liked Posts:
Sense? Maybe. But short sighted. Poles can believe in building from the trenches out. But they did not see value for OL and WR in the 2nd round. Its that simple. It is a simple concept that cannot seem to break through into the knuckleheads. I repeat. They did not think the WR or OL i. The 2nd and where they wete picking were good enough to be picked!
Yes that's what they thought. The big question is whether they were RIGHT. Kansas City picked WR Skyy Moore 6 picks after the Bears drafted a saftey. Obviously KC's offensive drafting philosophy has helpeed Mahomes excel. But the poor Bears must prioritize defense even after they have traded up tp pick a talented QB. That's why almost every personnel expert questions why Fields wasn't given more support in the draft.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Actually think that protecting the QB is even more important than the supporting cast, so let’s see if we can do that first and go from there.

I’m not optimistic about this season, but it will be interesting to see what Fields looks like free of Matt Nagy, who is without doubt one of the worst play callers I’ve ever seen (and Bears have had a few).

His apparent concept of not playing to your own players’ strengths as it’s what the opposition will expect is one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard in sport. I absolutely hated his offence.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LUUUUUUUL
My God, this is incredible. Caught talking out of both ends...again. Thank you for this beautiful Fraudtucky receipt. Bookmarked.
You're like a CCS historian.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LUUUUUUUL
My God, this is incredible. Caught talking out of both ends...again. Thank you for this beautiful Fraudtucky receipt. Bookmarked.
You're like a CCS historian.
Will @Montucky respond

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We're talking about right now. The situation right now, not 4 years ago. Also the Cardinals traded for a top 3 WR in the league for Murrays sophomore season. They just traded for Hollywood Brown. They traded for Ertz and just drafted Trey McBride. This is what you call building around your QB and trying to help him succeed.

Unreal
The Cards also went out and got a QB Coach in Kingsbury

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Two absolutely congruent beliefs. You, like three quarters of this forum, just get mega butthurt when somebody points out that this Savior quarterback the Bears drafted last year actually kinda fucking sucks. The fact that the Bears have inexplicably refused to build an offensive line in general has nothing to do with Fields.

Well it kind of has something to do with Justin Fields. The two draft picks wasted on Fields could've been used to build an offensive line. Rather have Christian Darrisaw and Evan Neal or a guy who creates three turnovers a game and cant move the ball if his receivers aren't a half second faster in the forty yard dash than their opponents?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I remember when pace drafted trubisky over mahommes and Watson. @Montucky has been on pace nuts all the way up to disappearing mid season last year. Not once he said man trubisky stinks pace shouldn’t have drafted him etc etc like with fields

I smell something else going on here

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I remember when pace drafted trubisky over mahommes and Watson. @Montucky has been on pace nuts all the way up to disappearing mid season last year. Not once he said man trubisky stinks pace shouldn’t have drafted him etc etc like with fields

I smell something else going on here
It is kinda interesting that @Montucky is upset with Fields and doesn’t mind the lack of anything around him but wanted ABSOLUTE BUST MITCHELL TRUBISKY to have everything and win

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gets caught red handed and now trying to spin it into "they should have used those picks on player x and z".

Montucky Fraud Chicken straight up said they didn't have the support to draft a QB, something that was actually a popular opinion in Bears fan circles, but now its all Justin Fields fault.

Caught again in the BS. This one is going on his Mount Rushmore, right along with Vildor and Pace.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky sucks. But so too does Jake Fromm, and Justin Fields couldn't beat out Fromm either.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky sucks. But so too does Jake Fromm, and Justin Fields couldn't beat out Fromm either.
Yeah I’m sure that was based on ability and not Kirby Smart refusing to change his ways and continue to let game managers play

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah I’m sure that was based on ability and not Kirby Smart refusing to change his ways and continue to let game managers play
Now we get to the point where delusional message board people are claiming to know more about football than the head coach of a team that just won the national championship.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Forget the question marks about Trubisky. I have no doubt he's mentally tough and a true leader. He might not end up being an elite QB, but he'll be the greatest Bears QB of all time. Mark my words, he'll have the trajectory to be the greatest Bears QB all time in a couple of years, and a lot of fans will turn on him because we haven't won a Super Bowl yet - you can count on that in this town. How quickly they forget when we had QBs like Orton and Grossman. Trubisky is the real deal.

Be very worried about our WRs. Allen Robinson is never going to sniff 1,400 yards and 14 TDs ever again. A grade three ACL tear is still a serious, career threatening injury. To put it in laymen's terms, his ceiling is now what ProFootball Focus calls "average."

Kevin White has missed too much time to be competitive in the NFL ever again.</end>

Who's left? Taylor Gabriel? Are you kidding me? Earl Bennett Anthony Miller? Who's not only short but slow too. Bellamy might see the field this year.

And last but not least, always remember, Matt Nagy has never been a head football coach at any level, but George McCaskey and Ted Phillips - with their stellar record for hiring coaches - looked past that because Nagy explicitly said he wanted the job.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Fields isn't going to be ruined because the Bears didn't draft a wr in the second round. There's a good chance they go wr next year with a first round pick. Maybe even a top ten pick.

CB was a bigger need. If you believe PFF the SS was a solid value. Bears getting the 40th ranked player at 48.