A life time of very bad Bear head coaches we hit gold with Nagy

richb688

Liked Posts:
A life time parade of bad Bear coaches Pace hits gold with Nagy. I never thought I would live long enough to see this happen. I have only seen one really good Bears and the that was the Coach 83-91 after the replacement year he never had the team on his side and he could not beat the good teams, it was time for him to go. The coach before him was horrible Neil Armstrong lol. Wanny what a nightmare that was, the guy had 5 useful brain cells in his head. Jauron he hardly had a pulse. Lovie smith was good for a few years until his cover 2 defense became very stale and he could not beat the good teams. Trestman enough said. Coach fox would have lost yesterdays game 9-6. I never saw a coach who was so afraid to lose in his life.
Coach NAGY is the real deal. I am very excited to watch his growth as a head coach and as a innovative and aggressive play caller for the Bears. I am still not use to we having a coach who is an offensive guru with a cutting edge offensive scheme and who is not afraid to play for the win and go for it on 4th downs. I see great things for this team with him as head coach and also with Pace helping out.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Not only is Nagy good but what a staff all around. Maybe the best staff we ever had but we can't say that just yet.

ridemywheelie

Liked Posts:
Plus 1. The team is really buying into him. Look at the player raw emotions and their celebrations. Good vibes all around. It is refreshing that Nagy is passionate, sincere, and honest about his own shortcomings. The team really loves his approach, and they are giving full-effort on every play. This early success has instilled an aura of confidence, and I expect the Bears to get on a roll. Confidence and self-belief can take a team far but the Bears talent makes them especially dangerous. Nagy is the perfect coach for a young team.

On the other hand, I don't get the negative Nancy's complaining about clock management and such. Don't these fans know that all teams occasionally burn timeouts? It's still light-years better than the past. And this team has shown discipline limiting penalties. So far, I've been super impressed with Nagy. Fingers crossed: Nagy for Coach of the Year, Pace for GM of the year, and Bears for........................

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I could not be more happy with Nagy and overall this coaching staff. Sir Ryan hit it out of the park with Nagy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not to mention his pressers are informative without giving away state secrets. You can see the enthusiasm and passion he brings and he's playing that game well. He doesn't come across like he hates being in front of the press even though I'm sure the questions get tiresome. Hell, I'd love to play for a coach like Nagy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you're right and I really like the hire. Still wasted a timeout with indecision last game and made a few errors the one before. Like Mitch, this is new to him and it's looking up. Don't mind the bad red flag. At least he threw that early, on a big play and when we had plenty of time outs. 1st game was a poorly called 2nd 1/2. 2nd game he good. 3rd game was had some poor clock management and play calls. This one was really good except for one action which is more than acceptable. Great play calling.

I was big fan of his and Mitch but I understand that 4 games is too early for declarations.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The list of good ones is short.

Lovie was good. He never had a QB.

Jack Pardee was a good coach.

Ditka was both the perfect coach to get the Bears to the Super Bowl, and the only one who could prevent them from winning more. He was out of his league against Walsh and Gibbs.

That pretty much covers the good ones since Halas.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Ditka was a great motivator. wouldn't entirely pin the blame on him though, not to poopoo McMahon again (who was a great talent) but if he didn't get hurt in 1984 and 1986 they would've probably taken 3 SB rings.

Lovie couldn't command the offense or get anyone good enough to run it. hopefully we have the best of all worlds now. time will tell.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ditka was a great motivator. wouldn't entirely pin the blame on him though, not to poopoo McMahon again (who was a great talent) but if he didn't get hurt in 1984 and 1986 they would've probably taken 3 SB rings.

Lovie couldn't command the offense or get anyone good enough to run it. hopefully we have the best of all worlds now. time will tell.

If only the fucking Packers hadn’t murdered McMahon in 86. Papa Bear should have let those ******* go bankrupt when he had the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all thought Trestman was the shit after his first few games too.

So far I love Nagy too. Just saying it's a little early for him to change his name to Belichick.

Last edited:

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Really like Nagy but Ryan Pace should be top of his Christmas Card list.

He's basically been given all the tools to win by Pace: highly drafted QB, added a range of weapons in the passing game, a strong backfield and oh by the way here's a top five defence to keep you in games and there's the cherry on top for your first season - the best defensive player in the league ready for the new season.

And all to be managed by one of the best defensive coordinators around.

Nagy just really has to do what he's supposed to do best which is scheming an offence, and provide leadership and motivation to the club as a whole (which I think he is very good at as he's both likeable and has presence). Pace has teed him up perfectly to succeed, its a fantastic opportunity for him and for us to have a great season.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Really like Nagy but Ryan Pace should be top of his Christmas Card list.

He's basically been given all the tools to win by Pace: highly drafted QB, added a range of weapons in the passing game, a strong backfield and oh by the way here's a top five defence to keep you in games and there's the cherry on top for your first season - the best defensive player in the league ready for the new season.

And all to be managed by one of the best defensive coordinators around.

Nagy just really has to do what he's supposed to do best which is scheming an offence, and provide leadership and motivation to the club as a whole (which I think he is very good at as he's both likeable and has presence). Pace has teed him up perfectly to succeed, its a fantastic opportunity for him and for us to have a great season.

Pace's long game is finally paying off. When he came here, he was handed a team riddled with disgruntled veterans with horrible contracts, absolutely no talent on defense. close to nothing on offense other than Jeffery and Forte, and a fanbase that was apathetic due to the Trestman years.

He's now got a top-3 defense, solid offensive line, solid receivers and quite possibly franchise quarterback.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
For years on offense you could watch the Bears and guess what play they would run next , not this Team you now see plays that will work off of the last play called.

Nagy should have let Trubisky break the TD record . He might get a chance again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember when Marc Trestman started 3-1, too.

I was thinking that but shuddered and slapped myself back to reality. While it's too early to conclude anything, Fangio vs Tucker should be enough to comfort us and Nagy doesn't seem the type to allow that sort of backstabbing. What a shit show that was.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I was thinking that but shuddered and slapped myself back to reality. While it's too early to conclude anything, Fangio vs Tucker should be enough to comfort us and Nagy doesn't seem the type to allow that sort of backstabbing. What a shit show that was.

True, that is the key difference in terms of front office.