A possible thought...

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
With the reports of Clay Matthews not getting resigned by Green Bay next year what are your thoughts on signing him to a one/two year deal and keeping Mack at pass rush position. Ok, he had three penalties in each of the of first three games but he still is a beast at 31/32, maybe Fangio could change a few things with him later in his career? Food for thought.

Could you imagine this, Mack, Goldman and Hicks upfront, and having Smith. Trevathan, Matthews and Floyd in the LB core? That would be insane!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the reports of Clay Matthews not getting resigned by Green Bay next year what are your thoughts on signing him to a one/two year deal and keeping Mack at pass rush position. Ok, he had three penalties in each of the of first three games but he still is a beast at 31/32, maybe Fangio could change a few things with him later in his career? Food for thought.

Could you imagine this, Mack, Goldman and Hicks upfront, and having Smith. Trevathan, Matthews and Floyd in the LB core? That would be insane!

no, I don't want the human Roughing the Passer machine on our team....

Seriously he almost lost the game for GB in week one to simply take a cheap shot....

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Clays better days are long gone. Floyd will put up similar stats to Clay minus the penalties.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

The only thing he's still a beast at is losing one on one matchups (frequently against the TE)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not unless he decides he needs to change the way he tackles to match the rules.
Our whole defense has 3 penalties? I know of 3 that he alone has. And maybe 1 of those wasn't deserved, MAYBE.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Mathews will get signed by someone and still make better than average cash for an OLB. We would not be able to afford him and have enough depth now at OLB. We need to put some $$capital$$ towards the OL IMHO. Pace may need to address the Safety position with signing or replacing Amos.

People have talked about how bad Mathews is but he had 7.5 sacks last year and he should have 3 this year but he plays in the National Pussies League. If Floyd ever gets to this level of play, the homers here will be ready to put him in the HOF.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
Not interested in signing that mongoloid. EVER.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd have rather had Brett Favre on the Bears than Clay Matthews. Did anyone catch that video clip of him being a "phallus termination point" to Trubisky when Matthews was on the sideline and Trubisky ran out of bounds?

And all his whining about roughing the passer penalties, the dude did leave his feet to drive his weight into the QB. Hey moron, they bleeping told you not to do that, and yet you whine about getting called out when you were trying to put your weight on him. Yes, I know the roughing-the-passer penalties are out-of-control now, but learn to play to the rules that are there until they change.

Reactions: Myk

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Guys, listen and please hear me out!

He did put a nasty hit on us week one, but the past two weeks both of his sacks were clean accounted for bad calls, consider it.

Until the NFL justifies what a clean hit is his value goes down but he still makes a valued impact on creative mismatches. We all know this, sometimes you eat shit for a few plays but his hit's were clean but un jusitified with bad calls.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay okay.. the non "I don't like Cm" answer. I think in general I think moving the team younger is better in the long-run.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys, listen and please hear me out!

He did put a nasty hit on us week one, but the past two weeks both of his sacks were clean accounted for bad calls, consider it.

Until the NFL justifies what a clean hit is his value goes down but he still makes a valued impact on creative mismatches. We all know this, sometimes you eat shit for a few plays but his hit's were clean but un jusitified with bad calls.

The call on the sack on Smith was not a bad call...I don't know why people keep saying this...it literally follows the letter of the law....

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I hate Clay Matthews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk