A quick appreciation thread dedicated to Quinn's ability to bend

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eh, you can only critique what you see and last year he wasn't very good so it was justified. Drop foot is a weird one. I had doubts if he could ever return to form but definitely awesome to see.

His pass rush win rate was better than Floyd's while getting doubled more. I said he was likely to bounce back because of it. Glad he is proving me right.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
#calledit

Take your pick from anyone above him on this chart. The reality is while Quinn's stats have sucked, he is still a better pure pass rusher than Floyd. He gets double teamed more than Floyd and he wins his matchups at a higher rate than Floyd. He just hasn't been able to close this year but that is how it goes with pass rushers sometimes. I would put money on Quinn having more sacks than Floyd next year especially given the likely odds and if Pagano is replaced.
I am still surprised that people don't understand how good Aaron Donald is.

Floyd is not a good pass rusher. He simply plays for a team that has the greatest inside pass rusher in NFL history. Floyd's individual pass rush win rate is below average despite double teams. He gets most of his sacks due to Donald and Ramsey.

As for Quinn, it is likely he had an unusually unlucky year when it comes to converting pressures into sacks. The other issue is Pagano's defense gives up easy completions so even though he and Mack beat their guy in under 2.5 seconds at a higher right than Floyd, the ball is usually gone by then.

Quin's pass rush win rate and double team rate was higher than Floyd's last year. Sometimes guys just get unlucky. It also didn't help that Pagano played his CBs off and so a lot of times despite winning in under 2.5 seconds, the ball was already gone. If Quinn is healthy I think he will have a rebound year. Sacks come in bunches for DEs. So I expect Quinn to still get the bulk of the reps at OLB over JA and Gipson.

Made this point before. Quinn had better underlying metrics than Floyd. Pagano having the CBs playing soft didnt help Mack or Quinn. That and Quinn was just unusually unlucky last year in not finishing.

I may be in the minority but I think Quinn will be fine this year. His PRWR and double team % was higher than Floyd's. It is just one of those things where he was pretty unlucky in terms of finishing and again Pagano did not help him.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's appreciate that bend boys.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey macarena aight

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
He's also slicing thru interior lineman, making himself slim and getting to the ball. He's probably my favorite surprise this year. Been consistently productive.
Yep, beat a double team and hit the ball carrier as he received the handoff. Insane how explosive he still is. @Montucky thinks he's average though.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yep, beat a double team and hit the ball carrier as he received the handoff. Insane how explosive he still is. @Montucky thinks he's average though.
Fuckly is just a sad sad man. Last week it's 'Fields is a bust, everyone should have expected this' and this week it's 'pass rush is average'

#sadlyfe

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another thing I noticed about Quinn was watching Detroit starting to chip him. That's some welcome recognition that he's a threat.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Some chicks really like a little bend, if you know what I mean.
That's the word on the streets, but performing fellatio on something shaped like a figure 8 is like tryna solve a Rubik's Cube, or so I've heard?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
What's really impressive is he has had a sack every game. He didn't just feast on one shitty stat padding tackle.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His bend looks to be back, while he looked stiff last season and had a lot of trouble trying to turn out of a speed rush. He’s looking like the guy they signed...

MatureScaredAltiplanochinchillamouse-size_restricted.gif

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
His bend looks to be back, while he looked stiff last season and had a lot of trouble trying to turn out of a speed rush. He’s looking like the guy they signed...

MatureScaredAltiplanochinchillamouse-size_restricted.gif
Spot on. He was often finishing far too wide, hitting his landmark, rounding it off or being run around the corner. The consistent bend wasn't there.