[A] Series Preview: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="197143" data-time="1369366946">
<div>

So basically sucking your own dick.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

So  basically doing exactly what all you retards were doing giving me shit for a realistic prediction of the Wings winning the series.</p>

</p>

U MAD BRO!!!?!?!?</p>

</p>

Not my fault the better coached team is winning...</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Im mad bro.</p>

</p>

mad that you are actually going to be right for once. Pisses me off to no end actually.</p>

</p>

</p>

asshole</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
He said Wings in 7. More like Wings in 5. I'd be surprised to see this series go past Saturday. So, Stu will likely be wrong.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="197165" data-time="1369371247">
<div>

He said Wings in 7. More like Wings in 5. I'd be surprised to see this series go past Saturday. So, Stu will likely be wrong.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm a lot more right than a lot of homers here though.</p>

</p>

Babcock knows how to get his team to play in playoffs.  ALL BECAUSE OF LIDSTROM RIGHT!?!??!  No, he's just a good coach.</p>

</p>

Maybe Q should bench Toews to send a message.  It worked for Torts, right?</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="197137" data-time="1369364828">

Nah just proving I was right after all the flak I got.</p></blockquote>
Rangers ?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="197155" data-time="1369369685">
<div>

So  basically doing exactly what all you retards were doing giving me shit for a realistic prediction of the Wings winning the series.</p>

</p>

U MAD BRO!!!?!?!?</p>

</p>

Not my fault the better coached team is winning...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

...and the Wings are conducting themselves like adults rather than the Blackhawks-- who look like their scout master just pulled out his cock on them.

Crawford has proved that he can be a playoff goalie.  Too bad the players with more experience around him and the coaches are pissing it away.</p>

</p>

There's still a sliver of a chance that they can pull through this, but the captain and the core can wake up anytime. </p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="197198" data-time="1369396525">
<div>

...and the Wings are conducting themselves like adults rather than the Blackhawks-- who look like their scout master just pulled out his cock on them.

Crawford has proved that he can be a playoff goalie.  Too bad the players with more experience around him and the coaches are pissing it away.</p>

</p>

There's still a sliver of a chance that they can pull through this, but the captain and the core can wake up anytime. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

They will Sunday, bright and early for their tee time</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Q can't get Toews, Oduya, and Rozsival away from Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Also trying to stretch the Detroit defense isn't working with that long hail mary pass when they are practically in a 1-4 defense when they are anticipating that pass. Ultimately that will cost us the series if you throw in the shitty powerplay.</p>

</p>

Whatever your thoughts are, both the coaching staff and the players have not done a good enough job, there is a laundry list of problems I can name with our system, just as there is a list of problems I have with the players execution. It's all bad, and the only bright spot right now is in goal — yet there are actually people out there that want to start Emery.</p>

</p>

I hope the Hawks figure it out, but it's not as easy as "why don't they change the goalie?" or "shoot the puck!" like most fans think.</p>

</p>

I do like the look of that new 4th line with Bolland on it. Other than that, not impressed with Q.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Saad-Toews-Kane</p>

Smith-Sharp-Hossa</p>

</p>

give me a fucking medal. </p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
s7s.JPG
</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
game 4. I liked this one</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ5lcRorUNY</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

hate this song with all my power game 5 </p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jiqkma-BXo</p>

</p>

</p>

game 6 better be fucking mind blowing.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all the grief Toews have gotten during this series for not producing, where is the same for Datsyuk who has managed just 1+1 and to a lesser extent Z who has 3 assists but they get tons of praise. I am guilty of this as well, but closer inspection makes it seem like the case that they have been cancelling each other out.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wow... they are really laying it all on Toews... is a lot of this to do with the audience? Don't they really love him up there or at least love to hate him?</p>

</p>

Also, do you last nights yet?</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="197201" data-time="1369398100">
<div>

Q can't get Toews, Oduya, and Rozsival away from Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Also trying to stretch the Detroit defense isn't working with that long hail mary pass when they are practically in a 1-4 defense when they are anticipating that pass. Ultimately that will cost us the series if you throw in the shitty powerplay.</p>

</p>

Whatever your thoughts are, both the coaching staff and the players have not done a good enough job, there is a laundry list of problems I can name with our system, just as there is a list of problems I have with the players execution. It's all bad, and the only bright spot right now is in goal — yet there are actually people out there that want to start Emery.</p>

</p>

I hope the Hawks figure it out, but it's not as easy as "why don't they change the goalie?" or "shoot the puck!" like most fans think.</p>

</p>

I do like the look of that new 4th line with Bolland on it. Other than that, not impressed with Q.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Other than wanting Oduya vs Datysuk (because other than Keith, he's the only D man that can skate with him)</p>

</p>

It's been Keith vs Zetteberg - and Keith has done very well</p>

And Oduya vs Datsyuk - with very good results.</p>

</p>

So...as "most fans think" Oduya sucks....he's done an outstanding job this series.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Lol, I really don't think they split up Hammer and Keith (our top two defenseman all playoffs) and Oduya and Rozsival to put Oduya on Datsyuk. I definitely did not catch any shadowing between Datsyuk and Oduya, although I did notice Datsyuk getting a couple of key chances when he skated down the RW, Oduyas side.</p>

</p>

Q got owned with that pairing and it cost him in game 3. In game 4 he did a better job getting those two away from him but  Seabrook and Leddy were owned anyway, hence the splitting of the pairings. I'll hand it to Q, he made the right adjustments and was a factor in getting the Hawks back on track (change of pairings, Bickell getting a chance, less of that dumb stretch pass, powerplay producing). I just hope it wasn't too little too late.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
It was Oduya/Roszival gms 1-4 vs Datsyuk...and the change was taking Roszival off the pairing and putting Hjarll there. </p>

</p>

Oduya has been matched against Datsyuk all series.</p>

</p>

The "owning" in gm 3 - was that the wrist shot that went in from outside the top of the circles, that Oduya needed to not let through? (Even though they crossed to Roszival's side)  And the giveaway on the 2nd goal...was vs the 4th line where Roszival gave the puck away, not Oduya.</p>

</p>

And the "owning" of the game...the Hawks hit 3 posts, disallowed goal, a Kane breakaway (goal), a Sharp breakaway in the first, a couple of 2-1's and outshooting them 40-30 on the road, is getting "owned".</p>

</p>

Not sure how Seabrook and Leddy were up against Datsyuk in game 4....seeing as they played 20min combined...while Oduya in gm 4 played 20min/29shifts...to Datsyuk's 21min/29 shifts (0 sog)...but ok</p>

xatruio

Liked Posts:
love how toews was getting flack (although deserved) before he finally got a goal, but hasnt oduya shut down Datsyuk? He has 0 goals this series, yeah?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That was horrible... the song could have worked but the vid needed more pissing on Duky and Zet like they did to Toews... at least they tried to show Toews get even a bit...</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="197647" data-time="1369768634">
<div>

It was Oduya/Roszival gms 1-4 vs Datsyuk...and the change was taking Roszival off the pairing and putting Hjarll there. </p>

</p>

Oduya has been matched against Datsyuk all series.</p>

</p>

The "owning" in gm 3 - was that the wrist shot that went in from outside the top of the circles, that Oduya needed to not let through? (Even though they crossed to Roszival's side)  And the giveaway on the 2nd goal...was vs the 4th line where Roszival gave the puck away, not Oduya.</p>

</p>

And the "owning" of the game...the Hawks hit 3 posts, disallowed goal, a Kane breakaway (goal), a Sharp breakaway in the first, a couple of 2-1's and outshooting them 40-30 on the road, is getting "owned".</p>

</p>

Not sure how Seabrook and Leddy were up against Datsyuk in game 4....seeing as they played 20min combined...while Oduya in gm 4 played 20min/29shifts...to Datsyuk's 21min/29 shifts (0 sog)...but ok</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I mean, you can keep putting words in my mouth... or you can read what I said at face value.</p>

</p>

The Oduya/Rozsival had huge issues games 1-4... I never said any of those goals were Oduya's fault, both made mistakes but Rozsival's cost the team — either way, that pairing was bad together, hence why Oduya and Hammer are together now. But forget Hammer on that pairing, cause Oduya is shutting down Datsyuk all by himself apparently. I also never said Leddy and Seabrook were paired against Datsyuk in game four, not sure where you get that from... I just stated they did not play well which forced Q's hand to split the pairings.</p>

</p>

Game three, Oduya/Rozsival had about 10-12 shifts vs Datsyuk and he scored against them... so much for that theory. Leddy/Seabs pretty much had the rest... spotted with a couple of Keith/Hammer shifts in between.</p>

</p>

In game four, Keith and Hammer were paired against Datsyuk most of the game (around 18-20 shifts). Rozsival and Oduya were vs. Zetterberg's line (3 shots on net, 8 shots total for their line). So you can keep giving credit to Oduya for Keith and Hammer shutting down Datsyuk, but you're wrong. The only time Oduya matched up against Datsyuk's line was on the PK, which they scored on just after he lost a battle behind the net (not blaming him, just a fact). Either way, the D is looking much better. Q made the right move he split the D so that we could have more stability vs Zetterbergs line and Datsyuks line with Hammer and Keith split.</p>

</p>

Oduya isn't really the teams problem, nor is he the savior... but I am much more comfortable when Hammer is on his pairing rather than Rozsival because I think he needs a bit more support if he's going to be playing against the top two lines.</p>