1. Chicago Blackhawks

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
A telling stat for Trubisky

It's not only the lack of running the ball that hurt us vs GB, it's the type of runs. We can't keep trying to those useless runs from the
shotgun. I'll be talking more on this in upcoming threads.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem I have with both of you rationalizing this, is that we're talking about being down by 4 points for more than half the game. We're not talking about being down 2 or 3 touchdowns late in the game. When the other team takes a 4 point lead in the 2nd quarter, you don't say, "fuck it" and completely abandon the run game. That's just stupid.

And I'm also not absolving Trubisky of all blame here. In another thread, I was talking about how he was as bad as the oline. It's just that Nagy was worse.

This is a common theme on CCS. You're either all in on thinking Trubisky sucks, or you're a homer. Sorry, but no. I don't have it in me to overlook the other turds on the team and tunnel vision hate at our turd of a QB, just because that's what most people do. No matter who the QB is. And the only reason I've brought up Nagy so much, is because on this forum, you have to wade through the endless mire of "IT'S ALL DA QB'S FAULT DERP!" to get to any thoughtful and objective analysis. If I don't state my point as often as I can, it gets lost. Kinda like this thread did while everyone was in meltdown and freakout mode in other threads.

Not quite sure that you understand the difference between cause and effect. While you most certainly have come to the right conclusions concerning the one game, your use of stats to back up this claim is severely flawed. I think that is what everyone is pointing out.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears need to run more. I think we all agree.

That stat doesn't mean too much to me. Did you know that the Bears are 25-0 the last 25 times they've knelt down to end the game? We should do that every time.
This was funny as hell......................:)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting but I’d guess that type of stat correlates with most QBs.
When losing you tend to throw more.
Stanford has HOF passing numbers for this reason.

That said Nagy needs to plan better given Mitch’s obvious limitations. Don’t plan for what you want... plan for what you got.
Unfortunately this statement is incorrect and has been disproved. Another common misconception about Stafford.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes.

Yes.

It's normal that teams will throw more in games where they're losing. I think you're putting the cart before the horse with this. I don't think the wins and losses are a result of throwing more/less. The other way around.

As far as Nagy is concerned, I agree that he was way too pass happy last week, but Trubisky's struggles aren't just from last week. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the reigning coach of the year over a QB that I've seen struggle in several key fundamental areas. I don't think Nagy is the bigger problem.
C'mon Mick, you've been here long enough to know, IT'S ALWAYS THE COACH !!!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not quite sure that you understand the difference between cause and effect. While you most certainly have come to the right conclusions concerning the one game, your use of stats to back up this claim is severely flawed. I think that is what everyone is pointing out.

Lol. I love when people reply with some shit like "not quite sure you understand the difference" Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

The stats that Takeo Spikes presented don't fit your narrative. K.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. I love when people reply with some shit like "not quite sure you understand the difference" Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

The stats that Takeo Spikes presented don't fit your narrative. K.

Buy a clue, would you?

30 or less pass attempts:
8-0 record
16 TDs
4 INTs

Bears go up early, then run the ball to control the clock. The pass to run ratio is the result of being up early, not the cause of the win. Other things to consider is the opponent (win/loss record), and their strengths and weakness's on defense. Do they have a good secondary and a poor DL?

More than 30 pass attempts:
3-5 record
9 TDs
9 INTs

Bears go down early, and are forced to play catch up. Being down results in the taking of more risks on each pass attempt. You pass more in this scenario. Again you need to also consider the opponent and their strength and weakness's.

You just can't compile a bunch of stats and draw a direct conclusion. It's called situational football. Each of the above scenarios could have started with a balanced game plan, and as the game progressed, changes were made.

It has nothing to do with fitting my narrative. It has everything to do with understanding how to look at stats and not take an overly simplistic view and coming to the wrong conclusions.

Glider illustrated it perfectly. The Bears are 25-0 when using the victory formation. Ergo, using these stats in the way in which you are presenting we can draw the conclusion that the Bears should use victory formation every game, regardless of the situation.

It's really not that hard to understand.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

7:30 mark in the video. Takeo Spikes breaks it down for us on how Nagy has used Trubisky...

30 or less pass attempts:
8-0 record
16 TDs
4 INTs

More than 30 pass attempts:
3-5 record
9 TDs
9 INTs

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record with blaming Nagy. And people think I'm trying to make excuses for Trubisky. But the fact is, I'm a Chicago Bears fan first and foremost. I want the Bears to fucking win at all costs. And I believe the way to do that is with balance on offense. I wish Trubisky could throw it 50 times per game and just wreck defenses. But guess what? That's a fucking pipe dream. Balance on offense is the only way this team has a chance to succeed.

I actually looked at how poor things have gone on the high pass attempt games after last week, but it seems to be a result of the game situation that pumps up the attempts.

First game over 30 attempts was vs. green bay last year. 9 of his 35 attempts came with 2 minutes left and the bears were down.

Next was seattle, and you couldnt fault that game- The bears won and Trubs completed 75% of his passes.

Next up was arizona... not spectacular but a win. Completed 68%, and on the go ahead drive they mixed up run and pass. The total was high because Arizona was inept- they ran 44 offensive plays to chicagos 67.

Miami was 50/50 run pass with a blown field goal in ot.

The Pats game got a little out of hand, but the bears were up several times- the blocked punt for a td was the difference.

Detroit was a win, and Mitch completed almost 77% of his passes.

Minnesota was a win, but ugly.

Rams were a win, but ugly.

In reality, the only time Nagy went nuts with leaning on mitch was this past week, and I didnt have much of a problem with it- The bears held them to 213 yards on 13 offensive drives.
2 of the drives totaled 147 of those yards.

If there ever was a game to build confidence and give your QB every chance to succeed, that was it.
Mitch didnt get it done.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
And then let's use him AFTER Mitch gets his shit together, too. Lol. #NagyOffensiveGenius
This is the most honest post here. It’s evident Mitch needs a run game. If he has that, he has screens, play action and bootlegs. He’s good when he throws on bootlegs