A thought on Taj Gibson

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
you realize that pheonix wanted aldbridge for stoudemire, right? i doubt aldbridge for bosh gets turned down.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:
first of all, aldridge really isn't that good...that's what he was projected to do, but he won't do anything more.

also, could we be picking him because the raps showed interest in him? we seemed very high on blair before.

Aldridge isnt that good? really ok.

Aldridge is pretty good 18ppg, good defender, and low turnovers. But he is about the same rebounder as Tyrus and is a terrible passer. I do agree that he seems to have leveled off and might not get much better than what he is. But then again it doesn't look like Tyrus will get much better either, so I would say Aldridge will probably never be an allstar but he will probably stay being better than Tyrus.
Can u explain to me how it looks like Tyrus wont get much better?Hes gotten better every season and probally has the highest ceiling of any player on the Bulls besides Rose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
SouL EateR wrote:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:
first of all, aldridge really isn't that good...that's what he was projected to do, but he won't do anything more.

also, could we be picking him because the raps showed interest in him? we seemed very high on blair before.

Aldridge is pretty good 18ppg, good defender, and low turnovers. But he is about the same rebounder as Tyrus and is a terrible passer. I do agree that he seems to have leveled off and might not get much better than what he is. But then again it doesn't look like Tyrus will get much better either, so I would say Aldridge will probably never be an allstar but he will probably stay being better than Tyrus.
Can u explain to me how it looks like Tyrus wont get much better?Hes gotten better every season and probally has the highest ceiling of any player on the Bulls besides Rose.
We're all just mad that he isn't as good as we thought he'd be yet. He can still get there. All the stuff he needs is right in front of him, he just needs to grab it.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:

We're all just mad that he isn't as good as we thought he'd be yet. He can still get there. All the stuff he needs is right in front of him, he just needs to grab it.
Get where? He isn't going to be a number one option with Roy there but I would say he should be as good as Gasol. He is a second tier pf and thats something that is light years from what we had here expect for the brief brand era.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:

Don't get me wrong SoulEater I think he did improve every year and I don't want to get rid of Tyrus, I just think the thing holding him back now is playing time. I don't see him suddenly learning how to finish some of his crazy plays or improving a lot more now. I see him settling down and getting more playing time. If Tyrus got Aldridge's playing time then he would probably have the same numbers. But if you look at most of the great power forwards of all time by there 3rd year they have shown pretty huge numbers, even the guys out of high school. Tyrus is probably a 18ppg 9rpg 3blks type player, I don't see him being a 20/10 guy or improving much beyond whatever he does this year. If he can get consistent playing time then he'll probably be better than Aldridge, but right now he has to show the Bulls they have to leave him on the floor or get PT on another team.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

Aldridge is the 2nd best player on a 54 win team. Tyrus is anywhere from the 4th to 8th (depending on who you ask) best player on a 41 win team. If Aldridge "isn't that good" then Tyrus is a steaming pile of number twos.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
yes, i know, tyrus has been crap so far his career, but he has been getting better.