Aaron Afflalo's agent says Bulls would be "Great Fit"

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the 2-guard from the Nuggets that I want. He's 6-5, has good range, handles, defense, & most importantly is smart & unselfish with the ball. Oh & he works his ass off. If there is a season, we need to go get this guy.

yeah I remember him, UCLA.....could be a good compliment. 6'5" you say :thinking:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
seriously afflalo is great for the stuff listed also because the bulls really need another threat from outside....bulls have issues with teams that pack it in because they have little to no outside game...having someone like afflalo who is a significant outside threat to complement forces defenses to honor the outside shot and spread out..thus it opens up the inside(meaning driving lanes and paint) which were more closed off in a packed in defense

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The Nuggets will match on Afflalo, and let Chandler walk. As long as we don't offer him more than 31 million for 4 years, I'll be pretty happy.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
20775.jpg

i tried lol i suck at photoshop

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Probably have to get rid of Brewer, no?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The only issue is that Afflalo doesn't excel at creating shots off the dribble. Another long range shooter doesn't exactly help Rose as much as a guy who can create his own shot.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
The only issue is that Afflalo doesn't excel at creating shots off the dribble. Another long range shooter doesn't exactly help Rose as much as a guy who can create his own shot.

Amen......yaall betta listen to my main man Hue....JrSmith is the answer.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about JR Smith being THE answer. There are better options out there, possibly via trade...

Kevin Martin, Evans, one of the two guards they have in Golden State to name a few.
Or we could make play for a certain Center :shifty:

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find it kinda funny that a lot of people were complaining about lack of scoring from the sg position then praise getting Afflalo. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him (he's sort of a combo of Korver and Brewer with obviously less skill in both areas) but he can't create his own shot and would pretty be a Bogans upgrade. I'm hoping that we can get him, especially if he wants to come here, but again, not quite "the answer" we're looking for. And neither is JR Smith even though he has the talent to be...had to throw that in there before someone misconstrued my post...:shifty:

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
SCP1994 might be the biggest troll ever....

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone here thinks Afflalo is the answer, much like most of us don't feel JR is either. I would just rather have him than JR if it came down to it. But personally, I've been pining for Kevin Martin, have been for almost a year now. D-Rose & K-Mart in the backcourt :fap:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
J.R. Smith as starting SG = 2nd or 3rd round annual playoff bounce.

Arron Afflalo as starting SG = a need for a Danny Granger/Caron Butler/Rudy Gay type of SF in the place of Luol Deng.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
As much as I like afflalo, he's just another set non-creator. He's a very efficient player. But as this juncture I would much prefer a J.R. Smith, not that he's a savior or anything. But he may very well be the best option the bulls can grab via FA at this point, after the lockout is lifted. As he's a good shooter, can create, and could possibly stay in or come on for the 2nd unit if Rose needs a rest, along with having the tools to be a very good defender. Again not a savior, but he could (at least in my opinion) be a missing link for the Bulls, who lacked a 2nd creator and that was evident in the playoffs.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The difference between Arron Afflalo and J.R. Smith is simple. Afflalo plays within his limitations while Smith doesn't acknowledge that he has any.

Afflalo is better than Smith pretty much across the board except when it comes to hitting contested shots. The differences they have as creators off the dribble are minimal at best. Both guys would be improvements in that area from Deng/Bogans/Brewer/Korver but neither are exceptional at cutting through half-court defenses. Smith just tries to do too much while Afflalo doesn't force anything.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it kinda funny that a lot of people were complaining about lack of scoring from the sg position then praise getting Afflalo. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him (he's sort of a combo of Korver and Brewer with obviously less skill in both areas) but he can't create his own shot and would pretty be a Bogans upgrade. I'm hoping that we can get him, especially if he wants to come here, but again, not quite "the answer" we're looking for. And neither is JR Smith even though he has the talent to be...had to throw that in there before someone misconstrued my post...:shifty:

Both Smith and Afflalo would be great offensive improvements for the Bulls because both can give Rose a fellow fast-break threat in the back-court.