Aaron Donald or Anthony Johnson??..

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I put no stock in that rumor just like I put no stock in Emery's comments about trading down. I think Donald to the Bears is a good possibility only because he is a schematic match and he fits Emery's profile of wanting disruptive, highly athletic players. The only thing he doesn't have that Emery wants is more size.

Yet, we have a 2-year history of Emery going with size/potential over guys like Donald (Long, Hardin). Basically, you have to put some stock in something. I want Donald at 14, as much as anyone. But history has shown me that because we think it's a perfect match and the ideal pick....it probably won't be the pick. So, I'm personally putting stock into random things that are said to get an idea of which direction things will go in May.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No offense but I'm not sure why this is even a comparison... A guy that has produced at a high level & is very disruptive but lacks a few inches & pounds vs a guy that has consistently under preformed & relies & strength & size to have any remote production.

No comparison to me. Jernigan vs Donald or Hageman vs Donald, I can see, but not this. Sutton is a much better prospect that Johnson.

The comparison can only be weighted with your alternative in the first round. If the safety in RD 1 plus Johnson is better than say Donald in 1 and Dixon SS in rd3.

The perfect drafts foresees the value of the complete package, though the safe one says take the best player available for you right now.