Aaron Kromer Named Bears OC/OL Coach

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That was just a myth perpetuated by homers here. Jax oline under tice in 2009 was ranked 30th in pass blocking, 23rd overall

You know Tice was the tight ends coach? Not the online coach; That's why he was able to become the Oline coach, he had a deal with Del Rio that if offered a line job he would be able to take it.

Tice OC was the last ditch pretty much likely to fail effort on all counts. Just the anti-Martz people were clinking their bells in cheers.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hated Tice from the beginning and my hate grew with each decision he made

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You know Tice was the tight ends coach? Not the online coach; That's why he was able to become the Oline coach, he had a deal with Del Rio that if offered a line job he would be able to take it.

Well, that makes his reputation as a guru even more ridonk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Great Hire

OL/Protections Expert, the Saints do not allow sacks and they throw the ball all over the yard.

Took Carl Nicks [5th round] and Jahri Evans [4th round] and turned them into 2 of the best OGs in the NFL.

Took Jurmon Bushrod [4th round Towson] and he made him a really good pass blocking LT.

HC experience this season.

How bad ass is Trestman and Emery to have the staff ready to go 4 hours after being hired.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
awesome hire, his zone blocking scheme will do wonders for forte and the run game.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Great Hire

OL/Protections Expert, the Saints do not allow sacks and they throw the ball all over the yard.

Took Carl Nicks [5th round] and Jahri Evans [4th round] and turned them into 2 of the best OGs in the NFL.

Took Jurmon Bushrod [4th round Towson] and he made him a really good pass blocking LT.

HC experience this season.

How bad ass is Trestman and Emery to have the staff ready to go 4 hours after being hired.

I hope they have the entire staff ironed out by press conference time tomorrow.

Its fun to see the Bears being a real NFL team in the offseason for once.

FYI, I heard inbound on the radio that they have an assistant already inbound as well - forget the name, but not a position coach, just a general assistant. Interesting stuff with the speed.