Active List of Bulls Assets

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone that wants to help please do. Our future is getting confusing and for my own understanding I would like a place to go to figure out what is happening.

Draft-

Portland Second round Pick 2015
Portland Second round pick 2016
first-round draft pick of Sacramento Kings. The Bulls will get the pick if it falls outside the top 12 in 2014 or outside the top 10 in 2015, 2016 or 2017. It becomes a second round round pick in 2018. (the Kings will need to hit on the right player or two for a couple years to get this)
Rights to Mirotic
Our own first round pick
Do we have a second next year?
Protected Bobcats Pick until 2016 unprotected?(looking like a mid round pick this year potentially)

What I am seeing is TRADE AMMO!!! Lets say we end up picking 12th. But also have the 15th……and lots of seconds and the weird kinds protected.
We could move up to 5-7 and grab a star in this years draft if we pick right. Or we could pick up two solid big men, or we could get a big man with our own, bring over Mirotic, and still have protected firsts that should benefit us in a bright future.

Lots we can do, and with the complexity of this madness, as long as we don't make a big mistake I think we can be alright going forward.

I prefer to keep Boozer next to Noah, they have nice chemistry and Boozer gives bite to Noah's energy in terms of intimidation.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
they wont trade nikola

and 12+15+hand full of 2nds is gonna net you a top 7 pick.....you might to be able move up a few slots to #10 maybe #9

Liked Posts:
I'd be interested to see how much ammunition all this is in a strong draft. If a team feels like they're getting a great player at 5, all of those picks may not be enough to move up. My impression is that a team would rather have 1 Darth Vader than 5 storm troopers.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Draft picks are incredibly difficult to move in the draft. The NBA just doesn't value them like the NFL does. The top 10 picks are rarely traded and so many teams protect their draft picks for years on end. All that stems from when the Celtics and Lakers continuously raped other teams by trading for unprotected draft picks (Often times that was just simply the luck of the draw).

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Draft picks are incredibly difficult to move in the draft. The NBA just doesn't value them like the NFL does. The top 10 picks are rarely traded and so many teams protect their draft picks for years on end. All that stems from when the Celtics and Lakers continuously raped other teams by trading for unprotected draft picks (Often times that was just simply the luck of the draw).

This

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd still take a pick in the 11-15 range in this draft. Won't get a guaranteed star, but would probably still get a pretty good rotation/starting level player. Combine that with another role player and you can perhaps upgrade to a better player. :shrug:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The only time draft picks are valuable for trade, is when you have a specific set of conditions.

These conditions are mostly made up of:
  • Team can't afford the tax and believe they are a long-shot to do anything in the playoffs, therefore they will trade good players to get cap relief and woo the fans by getting them to buy into the concept of a better team in the coming years.
  • A team has too many players they want to keep on contract, and they know they're limited in developing players in the next season, so they will trade off draft assets for other futures.
  • A team has a diva star player that doesn't like another player, and in attempts to satisfy their star, they trade off that player for draft picks.
  • Free Agents don't want to sign with my team because this team has a shitty franchise or is in cold weather, etc, so we'll just develop players instead.
  • The front office expects to insert coaches that want a culture change in the team, and the best way(in their opinion) to do that is a fresh start.
  • The team has a GM that really wishes he could own a NCAA division I team, because they like college ball better, and they love scouting, so they'll trade for picks all-day long.

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
I would like to see what the front office can do with these picks. In the last two drafts they have struck gold with Butler,Snell,and getting the rights to Mirotic.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
The Bulls owe NO future picks at this point. I think they've shown a lot of wisdom in NOT trading away future first round picks because you just never know who might be there even two years down the road and they have done well getting extra seconds because like with Mirotic it's a decent future gamble to get the rights to a potential instant contributor. Where they have looked like they stumbled is getting so many picks that are protected for so long. Especially for Deng but considering they got something for Tyrus Thomas I guess you just have to wait because they were lucky to find a taker.

First you have to see what the draft order is. I would say the Bulls first option should be trying to move up, is that possible? Only if the right team in the lottery sees value in moving down to get an additional pick. A really bad team that thinks getting 2 very good players is better than maybe one very very good player is your best trading partner. Moving up by including a 2nd round pick is a way for another team to save some money as the player picked lower slots in at a lower price and the 2nd round is not guaranteed. Second choice would be taking offers from some of the teams with no 1st round pick and seeing if they are high on a given player and what they'll give up to get in the draft, like an unprotected pick.

And with all that you have to see who they are going to target in free agency. If you are going after James or Anthony you really don't want to draft a 2 or 3 since you've already got Butler, Dunleavy and Snell.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
With one of my college degrees in Accounting, it's Assets, you're killing me man.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd still take a pick in the 11-15 range in this draft. Won't get a guaranteed star, but would probably still get a pretty good rotation/starting level player. Combine that with another role player and you can perhaps upgrade to a better player. :shrug:

That particular range is a complete crap shoot in the draft. Its better to draft out of that range.

Since 2000, there's been two good players picked in that range...Richard Jefferson and ironically Al Jefferson. Apparently you must be a Jefferson.

There are 3 current starters, all for bad teams.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Since 2000, there's been two good players picked in that range...Richard Jefferson and ironically Al Jefferson. Apparently you must be a Jefferson.

wellll we moooovinn onnnnn uppp

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That particular range is a complete crap shoot in the draft. Its better to draft out of that range.

There are 3 current starters, all for bad teams.
Ha...that is ironic. I'll have to go through and actually check that out for myself.

If that's the case though, maybe we're better of drafting 20th or whatever then...maybe the team knows what it's doing! :smug2:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ha...that is ironic. I'll have to go through and actually check that out for myself.

If that's the case though, maybe we're better of drafting 20th or whatever then...maybe the team knows what it's doing! :smug2:

Yeah just something I noticed when I was looking at non-lotto picks then realized 11-15 is really crap. Going into the 90's its much of the same except for 1996 (Which to me is the greatest draft in NBA history). You have Kobe, Peja, and Steve Nash in that range. Though you have Allan Houston and Jalen Rose outside of those drafts as well. But Rose was best on terrible teams, was more of a role player on the Pacers when he was there. Houston was good until he was paid $120 million.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Klay Thompson was picked #11...hes pretty good 19-3-3 and a starter on a winning team

GS>>>

they got both great defense and a fun offense!!!!!!! im so jelly :troll:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Klay Thompson was picked #11...hes pretty good 19-3-3 and a starter on winning team

GS>>>

they got both great defense and a fun offense!!!!!!! im so jelly :troll:

Hmm, so he is. Well that adds one more. He's a son of former Blazer/Laker Mychal Thompson as well.