Adam Dunn career homer number 400!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Yay! I love home runs. 400 of them are amazing.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
He needs to get 800 :yes:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Congrats to Adam!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yes. I agree. I watched the replay over and over again. I know when I discussed this issue with Dan Hayes on twitter he told me about signs stating that you will be arrested etc....which is harsh and should be taken case by case. if 2 drunks go in the water and start acting like ass hats kick em out, but a guy jumping in going for a ball is 100% wrong. its no where distracting or anywhere near the field of play. I can see kicking someone out for "rules" but a 2500 fine and arrest plus give up the baseball? fuck that. I wonder if they arrest a royals fans if they went in. I know for fact since it was a 400th HR ball you know if he doesnt jump in someone else would have.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
yes. I agree. I watched the replay over and over again. I know when I discussed this issue with Dan Hayes on twitter he told me about signs stating that you will be arrested etc....which is harsh and should be taken case by case. if 2 drunks go in the water and start acting like ass hats kick em out, but a guy jumping in going for a ball is 100% wrong. its no where distracting or anywhere near the field of play. I can see kicking someone out for "rules" but a 2500 fine and arrest plus give up the baseball? fuck that. I wonder if they arrest a royals fans if they went in. I know for fact since it was a 400th HR ball you know if he doesnt jump in someone else would have.
Exactly. Seeing how it was a milestone ball it should not have been like that. I mean what if it was someones 74th of the season? They just supposed to sit and stare at it floating in the water? Fuck that! Ima take that shit and then do something like this:
[video=youtube;X7B4gic1-qU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7B4gic1-qU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7B4gic1-qU[/video]

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The great question is ... wil he hit 500 home runs and make the Hall of Fame?

He will hit 500...

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
The great question is ... wil he hit 500 home runs and make the Hall of Fame?

He will hit 500...

I say he will get 500 easily. But the HOF is another story. Pretty much his only chance will be the 500 dingers. His average is :turrible: and he has never been much of a winner, no GG's, MVP or any kind of hardware really.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
if Dunn gets into the HOF then Konerko should be a lock, and considering Konerko is far from that, i dont think Dunn gets in

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
pretty much any player with 500 hrs is a lock for the HOF.

Batting AVG? lol.

yet he has a career .241 Batting AVG and a .371 OBP......they just dont look at 1 or 2 seasons of a low BA. funny stuff from some of you.

same guys that wanted kw gone for getting him.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
pretty much any player with 500 hrs is a lock for the HOF.

Batting AVG? lol.

yet he has a career .241 Batting AVG and a .371 OBP......they just dont look at 1 or 2 seasons of a low BA. funny stuff from some of you.

same guys that wanted kw gone for getting him.
I can think of at least 5-6 of those guys that probably won't get in for a long time. Obviously for different reasons. I would still like to think 500 HR's is a lock. It's still quite an achievement even with the steroid era junk looming.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you guys find it similarly amusing that the fan who got Dunn's milestone homer ball struck out on getting a reward? :lol:

I keed, I keed.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for the fan...the signs are there and there's no leeway, he has no case. Should've brought a swimming net thingy. I do think it sucks that he didn't get anything out of the ordeal except a fine and a blemish on his record, but it wasn't like he didn't know the consequences.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the rules are stated, but I think for special occasions (Like milestone balls, your beer or maybe an infant) it should be ok to get in the fountain to retrieve the goods.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the rules are stated, but I think for special occasions (Like milestone balls, your beer or maybe an infant) it should be ok to get in the fountain to retrieve the goods.

It's probably a safety issue and the Royals probably don't want to appear lenient in any circumstances to prevent stuff like this from happening at other times. If I were the Royals I'd put a guy in a kiosk next to the fountain and charge $5 to rent a net to the fans instead.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
It's probably a safety issue and the Royals probably don't want to appear lenient in any circumstances to prevent stuff like this from happening at other times. If I were the Royals I'd put a guy in a kiosk next to the fountain and charge $5 to rent a net to the fans instead.

Safety is the obvious lone reason. But yeah, renting nets is a good idea haha generates even more revenue. Too bad they didn't do that during the AS festivities.

Status
Not open for further replies.