Adam Dunn interleague

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With how bad Pierre has been I would put him in LF, but I would definitely take him out with a lead in the 7th or later.

You MIGHT play him at 1st over Konerko vs a RHP, but I would probably take my chances with Konerko over Dunn right now.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would keep him on the bench unless Pierre starts to slump. Maybe have him pinch-hit late in the game to see if we can raise his confidence. Other than that, he hasn't earned a starting spot in Interleague Play IMO.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
pierre in LF is like having no one there. might as well put dunn out there. AZ is a hitters park....but than again im not ozzie.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Dunn in LF can't hurt.

El Cabillo still plays LF after all.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
But the real question is this: Can Adam Dunn match Alfonso Soriano's stellar defense in left field??! :rolleyes:

:lmao:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Adam Dunn is starting in RF tmrw.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Adam Dunn is starting in RF tmrw.

I wouldn't mind that if I were a Sox fan. Yeah Dunn isn't a good defensive player but he's been a National League player all throughout his career so he might have some better success against a National League opponent.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he was ok today in RF. still wouldnt put him in the outfield.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
he was ok today in RF. still wouldnt put him in the outfield.

He was, and I hear ya.

There's no way Ozzie can take Paulie out of the lineup now, though. His wrist must be feeling much better.

With the reputation of the majority of our pitching rotation as ground ball pitchers (I'm too lazy to actually research if that is still the case - but I recall Buerhle, Danks, Floyd, Jackson sorta, and Humber = gb pitchers), I think we can survive with him out there.

Also, as pointed out, maybe the "league switch" will allow him some more comfort and build some confidence before sucking it up again for us in the real men's-league.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was, and I hear ya.

There's no way Ozzie can take Paulie out of the lineup now, though. His wrist must be feeling much better.

With the reputation of the majority of our pitching rotation as ground ball pitchers (I'm too lazy to actually research if that is still the case - but I recall Buerhle, Danks, Floyd, Jackson sorta, and Humber = gb pitchers), I think we can survive with him out there.

Also, as pointed out, maybe the "league switch" will allow him some more comfort and build some confidence before sucking it up again for us in the real men's-league.

yeah konerko plays everyday for sure....no way does he sit.

I know the sox won today with dunn in RF. What I would have done today would be...dunn in LF and quentin in RF.

Im really pissed that viciedo isnt up and taking pierres spot.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

I know the sox won today with dunn in RF. What I would have done today would be...dunn in LF and quentin in RF.

Sure, or Lil.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:

But, but...Pierre rivals Soriano in all facets of the game! :smug: