Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Didnt read the article yet but will this idea fix completely incompetent ownership?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Can’t do it...according to some on here, owners don’t make enough $$ to pay for such costs

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i dont' think it's appropriate to have Bears riding race horses, it's actually cruelty

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We should just make a stadim that floats on a boat that can go anywhere on lake michigan and if we have a losing season we can just "accidently" sick the boat.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears do this there will be some completely moronic name that gets put along with it.

Veolia Environmental Services Field

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didnt read the article yet but will this idea fix completely incompetent ownership?

Nope.

In fact, it says the NFL should work with the incompetent owners, the incompetent State of Illinois and the incompetent City of Chicago to reach a solution...which I am sure will not be some sort of two or three decade long symphony of incompetence that goes literally nowhere.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I knew this thread was coming, I just knew it.

Would be a terrific idea if they plan every game during the Christmas shopping season on the road. Good luck around Woodfield Mall in December!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember when Arlington "accidentally" burned down years ago. I don't how that made it through investigation for fraud...quite a few people were paid off I imagine

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Phenomenal location for me. I’d finally get in on the season ticket gig if it were available.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would this be a better idea than Gurnee?

One of the benefits Hoge mentions is that "there is a Metra stop". Nevermind there is also a Metra stop about 600 yards from Solider Field, but that's the line that serves the South Side and totally does not count.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope.

In fact, it says the NFL should work with the incompetent owners, the incompetent State of Illinois and the incompetent City of Chicago to reach a solution...which I am sure will not be some sort of two or three decade long symphony of incompetence that goes literally nowhere.

The Bears are all about collaborative incompetence.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When I was growing up, we used to go to SpringHill Mall. Is that mall still open?

@PrideisBears I heard Gwinnett Place Mall is being torn down to build the nation's largest Cricket stadium

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew this thread was coming, I just knew it.

Would be a terrific idea if they plan every game during the Christmas shopping season on the road. Good luck around Woodfield Mall in December!

just pave over Busse Woods.....instant parking and shuttle busses

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thoughts both positive and negative-

1) This would be perfect for me. MUCH easier to get to and around. The 1-2 Sundays when there is enough Christmas traffic to matter probably is somewhat mitigated by being on the other side of 90 and 290 and wouldn't compare to the traffic cluster near the stadium on game day or when anything else is also going on.
2) Arlington is far enough from the city that it would detract from the connection.
3) It would also be a pain for people who come to Chicago for the game because they would likely need to choose between a Chicago weekend and staying in the suburbs for the game
4) Traffic - I actually think this would be better than the cluster fuck near the stadium on roads that are designed to hold far fewer people.
5) Personally I see the possibility of a retractable roof as a big deal. I currently hate to attend games in the winter. The whole concept of Bear weather seems soooo fake tough to me.
6) A bigger stadium should drive down the ticket prices on the secondary market (though single game and season tickets will go up and PSL funding may be required)
7) Hosting whatever events would be neat I guess. Not personally a big deal to me.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Just need a Billionaire with Chicago roots to buy the team after she passes and anything is possible. Mr. Walmart made it happen in LA. Need our Billionaire.