Adam Jahns: Duce Staley may join Bears

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
I read the title and thought we were considering him as a player and thought he must be old as fuck.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is why you do not keep coaches and GMs that have little to no job security left.

Now you get to hire reject coaches and your good coaches that can will leave.

Rise

Liked Posts:
He joined the Lions which should tell you what people think of the Bears right now.

Did he? Man I know the Lions HC had an idiotic press conference but they are putting together a heck of a front office and coaching staff over there. I’d feel much better having their situation than the the Bears that is for sure.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is why you do not keep coaches and GMs that have little to no job security left.

No doubt about it. The question should have been “Do we feel comfortable extending Nagy and Pace?” If the answer was no they should have been fired. Simple as that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did he? Man I know the Lions HC had an idiotic press conference but they are putting together a heck of a front office and coaching staff over there. I’d feel much better having their situation than the the Bears that is for sure.

Truth.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Bears have yet to hire an outside coach this season.

Very telling that league wide professional football "guys" are avoiding the Bears like the plague while Georgie, Sweatster and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb are "collaborating".

Last edited:

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
He joined the Lions which should tell you what people think of the Bears right now.
This is a problem, not only did they lose out an experience RB coach in Duce they also lost out on James Bettcher whom I thought they would bring in to replace Monachino. Who's to say whether or not a new coach and GM could put together a better staff. My question is if they did replace the 2 of them what kind of Coach and GM would be willing to come to Chicago?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Duce is in a tough spot. He's regarded as a great 'leader of men' type coach, but not an X's and O's type guy.

That makes it hard to hire him for a coordinator position. You either hire him as the HC or same thing he's doing (RB/assistant HC).

I know many of the players love Duce and wanted him to get HC looks. The issue I think that came up was he doesn't have a plan to build a diverse coaching tree beneath him. He's a great rah-rah guy, but after that he's not planned how things will look in 3-5 years. Totally understandable for someone who's never been a HC, but that's a skill he'll have to develop in time.

I will add, I'm not sure where he fits with Dan Campbell. They are both rah-rah guys, so eventually you'll need some substance people to fill those gaps.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So what did you hear about this? Did they make him a higher offer in money? Did they offer him a better position title then we did? Did we even make him an offer at all?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't know about Campbell, but Dorsey was a great hire. And they are in a position to actually be in the mix for a QB this draft and getting draft capital for Stafford. The Lions are in 10x better position than the Bears currently.

Meanwhile, Pace/Nagy in Chicago:

27302_c0-41-990-701_r1050x700.jpg

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

He is a RB coach so not that big of a miss you would think, however Watson seems to be big at looking at minority offensive hires across the league. This would help that situation. Other coaches want stability and this coaching staff and GM does not offer them that. Bears kind of got lucky with them having a good dcoordinator option already on the staff.