Adam Shaheen

Tostada

Liked Posts:
It appears you are directing that on my comment of our offense being centered on 2-TE sets. 13 personnel is a 3-TE set, which I didnt comment on. Having out two TEs (which, mind you, includes "13" personnel) is mismatch heaven for Trubisky to exploit, given that Shaheen is bigger than every LB I know of with good movement skills, and Burton is going to have a lot of fun being moved to the slot where he can take advantage of smaller DBs.

I doubt a 25-30% for three TE sets. In KC, the offense that is most logically used to project what we will be doing, the 3rd and the TE combined for 149 snaps, shy of 15% of their total offensive snaps. I didnt watch enough games to note how often their 3rd and 4th string TEs were in with Kelce out, so I cannot say that this 15 represents how often they were in 3 TE sets, but it is a solid enough number to stand on for our hypothetical offense next year.

Barring injury, I have Burton and Shaheen both getting between 50-60 receptions, and our 3rd and 4th stringers, whoever they may be, getting no more than 10 receptions apiece.

I might have been high with the 25% crap on 13 personnel..but the Bears skills players fit the 13...Adam, Tré, Cohen, Gabriel...with an average blocking TE are mismatch waiting to happen...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There are WRs as big as Burton. He better be able to catch passes!

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
There are WRs as big as Burton. He better be able to catch passes!

He is a WR-TE tweener. He is not a true TE. But if you line him up at TE then he is labeled a TE. I mean he is a TE but he is the new modern TE, so not really a TE. It's very confusing for us and defenses.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Uh...yeah...Nagy has a desire to use mismatches quite a bit. He will go 2 TE about 45% with the Bears personnel ...and I'd say we do a high % of 3TE with this personnel...Cohen and Gabriel being the wr and rb...

I'd like to see this. Get everyone that can either kill you with size speed or shiftiness on the field at one time

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see this. Get everyone that can either kill you with size speed or shiftiness on the field at one time

If the bears get solid OL play and if Mitch is the real RPO deal ....Mierda...this team has extra OTAs and one extra preseason game to hone the O... Im drunk on cheap koolaid right now..Pace...got some weapons ...

Liked Posts:
I'm one of the first people to say I want heavy doses of Adam Shaheen next season but its crazy to believe Burton isn't a pass catching tight end. That is nearly exclusively what he is. He isn't a traditional inline tight end, that is for sure. I would be very surprised if both Burton and Shaheen didn't have significant chances in this offense. Hell, Nagy wants to throw out 13 personnel onto the field which is 1 RB, 1 WR and 3 TEs. Hard to believe someone willing to use 13 personnel sets isn't going to also use two tight end sets as well.

I have a funny feeling the Bears are going to draft another TE & pass catching HB too. So far we dodn't know if the Bears have their Kelce who was a primary weapon in Nagys offense. Nagys system uses 3 TEs & unless Shaheen is for real, which I would love to see. I can see Burton line as the F, Shaheen as the Y, & any new addition at TE as the VERT.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a funny feeling the Bears are going to draft another TE & pass catching HB too. So far we dodn't know if the Bears have their Kelce who was a primary weapon in Nagys offense. Nagys system uses 3 TEs & unless Shaheen is for real, which I would love to see. I can see Burton line as the F, Shaheen as the Y, & any new addition at TE as the VERT.

Based on our current investment at the TE position and bringing back Cunningham, I think that it is unlikely to happen this draft season. Next year seems more likely.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'm kind of glad Fox taught him how to block though(srsly). We're gonna get some nice gains from that. He didn't seem to have a problem getting open, though I'd like him to stay on his feet a little more after contact.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm kind of glad Fox taught him how to block though(srsly). We're gonna get some nice gains from that. He didn't seem to have a problem getting open, though I'd like him to stay on his feet a little more after contact.

Credit where credit is due. Fox may have brought a lot of our rookies along slowly, but they learned skills that let them be successful on the field once they were there. That's a far better plan, in my mind, than just throwing them on the field and being allowed to struggle.