Adams at #3, Watson at #36

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The reason they choose Hooker over Adams is Free over Strong safety. I am thinking Mike Brown with Adams.

As far as 36, it might be Kizer, Watson should be gone. If either is there in the late 20's they should be on the phone to trade 36.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After watching some tape on Adams, he reminds me of the Bear's Chris Harris. I wouldn't draft Chris Harris #3 overall. Hooker is allergic to contact.

WTF are you talking about???

Washington

Liked Posts:
I will be shocked if Watson makes it out of the top 10.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As per http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

"No team we've spoken to has Deshaun Watson as a first-round prospect. One high-ranking personnel man in the NFC told me he has Watson as a third-round prospect. ....
....This is what I think will happen here. The Bears could move into the back end of the opening round to select Watson. He'll almost certainly be there, and I expect Chicago to do it because general manager Ryan Pace has taken a strong liking to him."

If something like this happened, would Pace be considered a hero?

No way Pace could do it. He'd already be decapitated for not taking him at #3.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

MeanMikeBrown

Liked Posts:
He's not a good tackler, but not for lack of trying.

That's a decent point and I'm probably not being fair... and dealing with an injury does come into play... but man, when I see a dude jump out of the way of a tackle, it stays with me. Later he does go for a shot on a defenseless TE, so his shoulders are ok in that instance.

Ultimately, I don't like either of these guys anywhere near that high. I think you can get somewhat lesser production but higher value out of a guy like Marcus Maye in round 2 or 3.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I can just see Watson dropping to 29 and into the Packers' lap. They'd take him just to fuck the Bears.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
As per http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

"No team we've spoken to has Deshaun Watson as a first-round prospect. One high-ranking personnel man in the NFC told me he has Watson as a third-round prospect. ....
....This is what I think will happen here. The Bears could move into the back end of the opening round to select Watson. He'll almost certainly be there, and I expect Chicago to do it because general manager Ryan Pace has taken a strong liking to him."

If something like this happened, would Pace be considered a hero?

First off, I'd crap myself if this happened. I love Adams, and wish he'd become a Bear. I'm very much a defense guy and be happy rolling with Glennon if we got a bunch of defensive studs. However ........

I think Pace wants a trade scenario to happen to where he can draft a QB at picks 6-8, and get a couple more picks in the 2nd round. I think the QB the Bears like is Watson. I've studied every trade down scenario that could happen, and you can bet Pace has as well. I've said that is the only way Pace would draft a QB in the 1st is if he got some picks in the 2nd to work with. However .....

After seeing the way the rumors/news have gone in the last couple weeks, I've got a real strong gut feeling that Pace is going to pull the trigger on drafting Watson at #3. The shocker that could happen, imo, is that both Garrett and Watson might be there when the Bears draft. Stay tuned .....

:jackson:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That's a decent point and I'm probably not being fair... and dealing with an injury does come into play... but man, when I see a dude jump out of the way of a tackle, it stays with me. Later he does go for a shot on a defenseless TE, so his shoulders are ok in that instance.

Ultimately, I don't like either of these guys anywhere near that high. I think you can get somewhat lesser production but higher value out of a guy like Marcus Maye in round 2 or 3.

ED Reed also wasn't known for his tackling ability. He could hit and take the ball away at an alarming rate. First ballot HOF.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Ed Reed was also a student of the game and loved football, so much that he has done some coaching. I don't know if Hooker has Reed's passion for the game.

Hooker was a legit two sport athlete who came to a crossroads and questioned his initial decision ( at 19 years old). Ever since he made the decision to stick with football, he's been all in. Playing through two injuries that required surgery speaks to his passion and mental fortitude.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hooker was a legit two sport athlete who came to a crossroads and questioned his initial decision ( at 19 years old). Ever since he made the decision to stick with football, he's been all in. Playing through two injuries that required surgery speaks to his passion and mental fortitude.

“As a coach, what you can teach is, what do you look at? (The opposing quarterback) gives you different directional keys, different delivery keys. What was neat about Malik is he just soaked it all in. He wanted to be great. Everything you feed him, it was just ‘more, more, more." -- Greg Schiano

MeanMikeBrown

Liked Posts:
ED Reed also wasn't known for his tackling ability. He could hit and take the ball away at an alarming rate. First ballot HOF.

That's a decent point, but I don't think Hooker is anywhere near the talent that Reed was (that's just my eyeball test). I wasn't a huge fan of Reed for other reasons, but I never thought his tackling sucked, until later in his career.

A willing hitter who hits hard and wraps up is one of those things I expect out of a safety.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a decent point, but I don't think Hooker is anywhere near the talent that Reed was (that's just my eyeball test). I wasn't a huge fan of Reed for other reasons, but I never thought his tackling sucked, until later in his career.

A willing hitter who hits hard and wraps up is one of those things I expect out of a safety.

Earl Thomas was an absolutely garbage tackler his first 2 years in the league.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Everyone saying that Adams is "just a SS" is a bit near-sighted. He may have the appearance of a box safety, but watch some more of his games, not just the highlight vids. He has VERY good coverage ability and I see him forcing a lot of turnovers at the next level. He wasn't asked to play deep in LSU's scheme which is why he is viewed more as an enforcer than a center fielder, but he has the ability. He's obviously fast from his pro-day timing and he has very good change of direction. He tracks the ball well when in the air although he doesn't have the same hands Hooker has. Adams is likely going to turn into a pro-bowl safety and he will be interchangeable at either spot. Think Berry or Polamalu. He's going to be very good.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Lattimore, but if Watson is there at 36 it's a no brainer

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Marcus Maye or Josh Jones would be great safety picks on Friday night.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Everyone saying that Adams is "just a SS" is a bit near-sighted. He may have the appearance of a box safety, but watch some more of his games, not just the highlight vids. He has VERY good coverage ability and I see him forcing a lot of turnovers at the next level. He wasn't asked to play deep in LSU's scheme which is why he is viewed more as an enforcer than a center fielder, but he has the ability. He's obviously fast from his pro-day timing and he has very good change of direction. He tracks the ball well when in the air although he doesn't have the same hands Hooker has. Adams is likely going to turn into a pro-bowl safety and he will be interchangeable at either spot. Think Berry or Polamalu. He's going to be very good.

It also depends on the system they play in as well. Hooker will probably be at his best in a single high safety set which will utilize his ultimate ball hawking abilities. Fangio prefers to have interchangeable safeties that can do both. He likes to disguise which safety plays in the box.

Both Demps and Adams would be able to play in the box well, yet can also cover well in a two safety set. Plus, the bottom line is the Bears have to get better at stopping the run, which Adams is clearly better at than Hooker.