Adetomiwa Adebawore

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Am I wrong about who Whitehair is??? Solid vet at G but C???

Someone asked what happens to Whitehair if he's not center like this is some kind of charity where we keep someone who can't snap a ball snapping the ball.
He is going to be 31 shortly. We'd better try to find his long term replacement.
The question was simply "Why cut a solid vet C/G in order to save $4 million when there is no cap pressure to do so?"

Moving him out of the starting lineup doesn't mean you cut him. There's no benefit to cutting him at this point.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The question was simply "Why cut a solid vet C/G in order to save $4 million when there is no cap pressure to do so?"

Moving him out of the starting lineup doesn't mean you cut him. There's no benefit to cutting him at this point.
It's useless, he picks the most nonsensical swords to die upon.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Bears need a pash rusher who can come off the edge. Plain and simple. Unless they think Dominique Robinson in year 2 can be that guy, I don't see how they have not addressed this yet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
League may think Adebawore is too much of a tweener that can do in or outside but master of neither. I saw him as a project 3-tech but if that's considered filled and the Bear don't see him as bendy enough for outside, someone like Viliami Fehoko could finish their DL draft.

I could see them doing DE, C, RB or BPA if there's no special targets.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The fact is Adebawore is a world class athlete, but he's not good at football. Dont watch his highlight tape, watch the game against Ohio State. What Wypler & P. Johnson did to him was confirmation. It looked like he didnt belong on the field with them. And if he wasnt a local kid or had he not ran that 40 time, nobody would care.

In addition, you gotta stop looking at the W. Sapp/T. Harris style body profile as the standard for 3 Tech. There's a video on youtube from Eberflus when he was DC with the Colts. He said, in his version of Tampa 2, a guy like Julius Peppers at 6'6 or 6'7 would slide over to under-tackle/3 tech. Essentaily, having 3 defensive ends and a nose. Now-a-days, there is less concern of a longer body 3-tech being stood up by OG's in the run game. With todays offenses being so pass reliant, with less heavy formations and more spread out. He said DeForest Bucknor changed the body profile of the 3-Tech for the modern version of Tampa 2.

So guys like Chris Jones or Arik Armstead. Traditional base 3-4 5-techniques are under-tackles/3-tech's in Eberflus's scheme. Which is why they drafted Gervon Dexter.
I kept saying before the draft that i don't trust Adebwore as much as many on here because of his game tape and i'm not going to buy into what someone did at the combine and his pro day without good game tape. Now in the 4th round i might change my mind on that but i'd rather they go for KJ Henry, Isaiah McGuire or even Moro Ojomo at this point or grab one of Wypler or Oluwatimi or take a shot on Kelee Ringo even after adding T.Stevenson because of the value he brings in the 4th round. When this draft process started K.Ringo was the #1 CB by most over Gonzalez and Witherspoon. That's because at that time all everyone had was game tape. Believe the game tape.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd also think about trading down somewhere inside of 10 spots at this point.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I kept saying before the draft that i don't trust Adebwore as much as many on here because of his game tape and i'm not going to buy into what someone did at the combine and his pro day without good game tape. Now in the 4th round i might change my mind on that but i'd rather they go for KJ Henry, Isaiah McGuire or even Moro Ojomo at this point or grab one of Wypler or Oluwatimi or take a shot on Kelee Ringo even after adding T.Stevenson because of the value he brings in the 4th round. When this draft process started K.Ringo was the #1 CB by most over Gonzalez and Witherspoon. That's because at that time all everyone had was game tape. Believe the game tape.
I liked him due to traits, not as much as White but thought he'd be a good option where we were picking in 2 and 3. Never believed the 1st round nonsense. That said, I didn't watch enough tape on him and was going by those traits. This team tends to project those and rely on coaching to develop a player.

Did he take plays off and disappear in games?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I liked him due to traits, not as much as White but thought he'd be a good option where we were picking in 2 and 3. Never believed the 1st round nonsense. That said, I didn't watch enough tape on him and was going by those traits. This team tends to project those and rely on coaching to develop a player.

Did he take plays off and disappear in games?
I think his biggest thing is what's been being said but just overlooked because of how he destroyed the combine which is his size to play DE. I saw some missed tackles from him and didn't seem to have the best instincts. Now i can't even believe i'm saying this because i'm one of the furthest on here that tries acting like a scout but that's my opinion. Just didn't love the tape i saw but like i said, in the 4th round i would have no issue taking a shot on this kid if they think he can play DE especially now that we drafted two inside guys.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think his biggest thing is what's been being said but just overlooked because of how he destroyed the combine which is his size to play DE. I saw some missed tackles from him and didn't seem to have the best instincts. Now i can't even believe i'm saying this because i'm one of the furthest on here that tries acting like a scout but that's my opinion. Just didn't love the tape i saw but like i said, in the 4th round i would have no issue taking a shot on this kid if they think he can play DE especially now that we drafted two inside guys.
That's just it, I didn't really see him as DE here. I'm sure Flus likes bendy edge turners and that's not his game. Maybe they feel he doesn't get low enough for 3-tech either. Ultimate tweener.

There's always Fehoko at Edge or simply go another way. Edge is now the greatest need but a C and another RB could easily go next.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i dont think the bears take another DT unless it UDFA's...i think the focus will be on DE's, LB's, C, TE...
wasnt there concern on AA's medicals as well? AA doesnt fit flus's type at DE and could be a liability inside, its not worth the risk when they already drafted guys like dexter and pickens

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's just it, I didn't really see him as DE here. I'm sure Flus likes bendy edge turners and that's not his game. Maybe they feel he doesn't get low enough for 3-tech either. Ultimate tweener.

There's always Fehoko at Edge or simply go another way. Edge is now the greatest need but a C and another RB could easily go next.
Yeah he mostly played inside so maybe edge/DE is a better spot for him. Like i said i'm far from a scout but at this point i'd have no issue drafting him. It's all up to Poles and his team now.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
It looks like Flus values length, which might not make AA a good fit.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing is, where does Whitehair play if not Center? They gonna bench him??
First, if Whitehair can't beat out a Rook, then he would deserve to sit. However, with Jenkins health issues, you most assuredly keep Whitehair around.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
League may think Adebawore is too much of a tweener that can do in or outside but master of neither. I saw him as a project 3-tech but if that's considered filled and the Bear don't see him as bendy enough for outside, someone like Viliami Fehoko could finish their DL draft.

I could see them doing DE, C, RB or BPA if there's no special targets.
Maybe but I don’t buy the tweener thought. Pro teams can coach up a player at a new position. Happens all the time. Shit Henry Melton was a RB before becoming at DT.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
First, if Whitehair can't beat out a Rook, then he would deserve to sit. However, with Jenkins health issues, you most assuredly keep Whitehair around.
Yeah Whitehair has now become the perfect player to keep around. Start him at C and if anything happens to Jenkins you slide him right back over to LG and play Patrick at C.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Maybe but I don’t buy the tweener thought. Pro teams can coach up a player at a new position. Happens all the time. Shit Henry Melton was a RB before becoming at DT.
Adebawores biggest issue is he just wasn't very good. One of the nation's leaders in missed tackles

msadows

Liked Posts:
Uh, if they draft a center it almost guarantees Whitehair is cut.

You would save over 9m in cap space cutting him. That can get you another starter somewhere else, or more money to re-sign your own players(JJ)

LakeCamelot

Liked Posts:
i dont think the bears take another DT unless it UDFA's...i think the focus will be on DE's, LB's, C, TE...
wasnt there concern on AA's medicals as well? AA doesnt fit flus's type at DE and could be a liability inside, its not worth the risk when they already drafted guys like dexter and pickens
Well, I think Edge is biggest need. Maybe Mcguire or Carter. But, not much left there. Center is a need. TE and Safety are possible. And a pass catching TE. There are a lot of good CB left. No longer a need. But there is value.

Mcguire
Wypler
Zack Evans
chase brown
Abanikanda
kuntz
AA
Durham
Xavier Hutchinson

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah Whitehair has now become the perfect player to keep around. Start him at C and if anything happens to Jenkins you slide him right back over to LG and play Patrick at C.

at 14m a year?

I like whitehair but his contract far exceeds his production at this point. A rookie center would also cost basically nothing. I still expect him to start at center. Not what I would do but it makes more sense for a young OL to have a vet.

LakeCamelot

Liked Posts:
Uh, if they draft a center it almost guarantees Whitehair is cut.

You would save over 9m in cap space cutting him. That can get you another starter somewhere else, or more money to re-sign your own players(JJ)
I don't think that is true.