Ahhh, I remember when we were all like...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Worst player on the roster. SMH.

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
He might be. Terrible, terrible pick.

Funny they closed the QB of the future thread because we drafted Beathard.

LOL

Can we reopen that thread?

So let me get this straight, the Niners passed over DE (LEO) Jordan Wills in the 3rd for a guy they could have got in the 5th or 6th....A guy with career back up talent over a player of immediate need....Our draft was going great until this pick

Tolzien>>>cj beat hard

Lynch had also mentioned that he had "intel" that several other teams were slated to pick him in the 3rd and 4th rounds...hence the trade up to close the deal.

My favorite:
Can't wait until this guy outplays Barkley in preseason

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But on Jan. 26, 2016, President Donald Trump offered a far grander idea of what Beathard could become in the NFL. According to the Ceder Rapids Gazette, during a campaign event at the University of Iowa Field House, Trump -- who was then a candidate for the Republican nomination -- repeatedly referred to Beathard as the second coming of Tom Brady, the New England Patriots' five-time Super Bowl champion.

"We've got the next Tom Brady right over here, the quarterback, he's going to be the next Tom Brady," Trump said, pointing to Beathard. "The next Tom Brady, come on. And I know Tom, and he's a great guy, I want to tell you."

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/24868/is-c-j-beathard-the-next-tom-brady-president-donald-trump-seems-to-think-so

Rise

Liked Posts:
You have to think Shanahan wanted this guy. They hired him, I am sure, because of his ability to identify and develop QBs. They went after the guy and got him, and if I was a fan of the 49ers I'd reserve judgement. They might see him as a longterm backup, which is fine. Get the QB development train started, nothing wrong with that. Fans, but more importantly the media, need to get educated on the values of QBs in drafts. They aren't ranked, or valued the same as any other position, and for good reason.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Gotta say,

Shaw + Glennon + Trubisky >>> Barkely + Hoyer + Beathard

No doubt about it. Let's see what the 49ers do next year though. I think they are going for the #1 pick which seems likely with their roster. To be fair, give them until year 3, compare the QB roster then, my guess is it will be comparable to ours this year by that point.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
But on Jan. 26, 2016, President Donald Trump offered a far grander idea of what Beathard could become in the NFL. According to the Ceder Rapids Gazette, during a campaign event at the University of Iowa Field House, Trump -- who was then a candidate for the Republican nomination -- repeatedly referred to Beathard as the second coming of Tom Brady, the New England Patriots' five-time Super Bowl champion.

"We've got the next Tom Brady right over here, the quarterback, he's going to be the next Tom Brady," Trump said, pointing to Beathard. "The next Tom Brady, come on. And I know Tom, and he's a great guy, I want to tell you."

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/24868/is-c-j-beathard-the-next-tom-brady-president-donald-trump-seems-to-think-so

Ironic that ESPN here doesn't understand the concept of "schmoozing"...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
they probably have a tampering agreement with Cousins.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They've probably got Cousins and or a top 5 pick next year.

Although their draft looks a lot worse with the news about Foster's health.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No doubt about it. Let's see what the 49ers do next year though. I think they are going for the #1 pick which seems likely with their roster. To be fair, give them until year 3, compare the QB roster then, my guess is it will be comparable to ours this year by that point.
Anyone drafting at #2 and holding off on a QB because the expect to draft at #1 next year is a fool. No coach or player tries to tank an entire season and as far as Cousins is concerned, it is far from a given that he will end up in SF. Any number of things can happen between now and then.

Bird in the hand...

Rise

Liked Posts:
Anyone drafting at #2 and holding off on a QB because the expect to draft at #1 next year is a fool. No coach or player tries to tank an entire season and as far as Cousins is concerned, it is far from a given that he will end up in SF. Any number of things can happen between now and then.

Bird in the hand...

I agree I am just trying to give their point of view. From what I can see as of today next year has 4 QBs projected in the 1st round (some even say top 10), plus they have Cousins potentially. They have options and time, two things the current Bears front office were running out of. It has to be factored into the equation.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Shanahan wants Darnold... Let's take sign two bad QBs away from Chicago and then overdraft Bearthard

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My favorite:
Can't wait until this guy outplays Barkley in preseason

Can you all imagine if this was the validation of or QB hopes, outplaying Barkley in a preseason game?
Soldier Field would look like a Marlins game by mid season:

MARLINS_zpsxqb1gntp.jpg

And yes, I think Mongo takes his baseball glove to Bears games.:lol:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you all imagine if this was the validation of or QB hopes, outplaying Barkley in a preseason game?
Soldier Field would look like a Marlins game by mid season:

MARLINS_zpsxqb1gntp.jpg

And yes, I think Mongo takes his baseball glove to Bears games.:lol:

He'd be begging for Cutler back.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Gotta say,

Thanks for not putting Sanchez in there. It would diminish our 3 but even with Sanchez we're still >>> SF.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta say,

That might be the type of thing that looks smart and obvious now but 5 years down the road you look at it and it's suddenly ridiculous and stupid.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That might be the type of thing that looks smart and obvious now but 5 years down the road you look at it and it's suddenly ridiculous and stupid.
Like thinking vaccines cause autism