Ahhh, I remember when we were all like...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Anyone drafting at #2 and holding off on a QB because the expect to draft at #1 next year is a fool. No coach or player tries to tank an entire season and as far as Cousins is concerned, it is far from a given that he will end up in SF. Any number of things can happen between now and then.

Bird in the hand...

What did it cost Houston and KC to move from the bottom of the draft to the top 12? Wasn't it they traded 1st round picks this year and gave their 1st rounder in 2018?? Now of course it would cost a little more to get in the top 5 but to get your franchise QB makes it worth it.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That might be the type of thing that looks smart and obvious now but 5 years down the road you look at it and it's suddenly ridiculous and stupid.

You really think any of the 3 QB's that the 49ers have will be in the league in 5 years? LOL

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to think Shanahan wanted this guy. They hired him, I am sure, because of his ability to identify and develop QBs.

Not the first I have seen of this comment....so nothing personal.

But where the bloody hell is everyone getting this idea that Shanny Junior is a walking QB factory???

What quarterback has Kyle Developed?

Matt Schaub???

McNabb???

Grossman???

RG3???

Matt Ryan???

RG3 was his only rookie besides Cousins who only found success after Kyle was in Cleveland developing....who???

Brian Hoyer???

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Not the first I have seen of this comment....so nothing personal.

But where the bloody hell is everyone getting this idea that Shanny Junior is a walking QB factory???

What quarterback has Kyle Developed?

Matt Schaub???

McNabb???

Grossman???

RG3???

Matt Ryan???

RG3 was his only rookie besides Cousins who only found success after Kyle was in Cleveland developing....who???

Brian Hoyer???

He's going to have plenty of chances to develop Beathard. My guess? He'd much rather be working with any other QB selected in the first 3 rounds than him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You really think any of the 3 QB's that the 49ers have will be in the league in 5 years? LOL

No. However. I doubt if Trubisky will ever be more than a back-up in the league for someone. And I also believe that Hoyer is a more competent qb than the giraffe.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You have to think Shanahan wanted this guy. They hired him, I am sure, because of his ability to identify and develop QBs. They went after the guy and got him, and if I was a fan of the 49ers I'd reserve judgement. They might see him as a longterm backup, which is fine. Get the QB development train started, nothing wrong with that. Fans, but more importantly the media, need to get educated on the values of QBs in drafts. They aren't ranked, or valued the same as any other position, and for good reason.

This is a good point. I wish Pace would have drafted a mid round QB in his first draft and I think most posters here would agree. He may not be the answer, but at least they have A young guy on the roster that could develop. My guess is they draft a QB again early next year or scoop up Cousins/JG in FA.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
2018 will be a great year to get a top 3 draft pick. Should be worth at least 2 firsts and seconds barring a need for a QB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No. However. I doubt if Trubisky will ever be more than a back-up in the league for someone. And I also believe that Hoyer is a more competent qb than the giraffe.

well thats a slap in pace's face. Just curious, what makes u say that Hawk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well thats a slap in pace's face. Just curious, what makes u say that Hawk

BEcause I think that they will rush him into the line-up one way or another. Look. Glennon is going to get his ass mangled and what then Sanchez? So then what do they do? You and I both know it, he is going to demand that Fox play Trubisky and it will be playing a guy who is not going to be ready for it. He is one of the least experienced first round qbs ever selected let alone at TWO.

People talk about Prescott being successful and hope that the same happens with Trubisky. But there was a HUGE difference between Prescott and Trubisky both in experience but more importantly the TALENT that Prescott had with him on offense. The BEST offensive line in football, excellent receivers and TE and a terrific running back. I just think that is naive to expect Trubisky to be ready with an offensive assortment like the Bears have.

Look, if they wanted to draft Trubisky, that was fine. He wasn't my guy(Watson) but so be it. But bring a guy in who will not last the season is just stupid to me. THey could/should have used the money to give the quarterbacking some help as in replacing(keeping) their number one receiver and improving their offensive line.

As for Hoyer, I liked Hoyer as an interim qb. I thought that he did a good job while he was in there.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2018 will be a great year to get a top 3 draft pick. Should be worth at least 2 firsts and seconds barring a need for a QB.

I don't think we will be bad enough to QB rape someone, but it would be awesome.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't think we will be bad enough to QB rape someone, but it would be awesome.
After getting a QB at 2, I would be happy to be done having top 10 draft picks, I am more for improvement of previous picks with astute later round choices leading to steady ascension, something like 18 next year then 26 then 32.