AJ Pierzynski Back In Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
anyone have the vid of first at bat at the cell?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I forgot that AJ just knows how to win!!!!!1

Gotta love the catcher with the 90 OPS+, and 1.6 WAR when he wasn't having his career year.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I forgot that AJ just knows how to win!!!!!1

Gotta love the catcher with the 90 OPS+, and 1.6 WAR when he wasn't having his career year.

Never been a year that I didn't love him. His leadership is missed. Still smartest player and a massive improvement on what we have now

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How don't you miss AJ? The Sox could use his production at catcher.

It's horse shit. (among the position)

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I'll admit, AJ is outproducing Phugley, Flowers, and Gimenez. But lets not pretend that takes any special skill.

AJ's line is: .279/307/439.

And it isn't like his extra 1 win he brings (1.1 WAR) was going to make or break this team.

It was still the right move on and let the younger kids play. There was also rumor that AJ didn't get along with a rookie manager (last season), and its no secret that AJ wasn't the most popular guy.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'll admit, AJ is outproducing Phugley, Flowers, and Gimenez. But lets not pretend that takes any special skill.

True and True.

AJ's line is: .279/307/439.

Totally would take that any day fromt he catcher position.

And it isn't like his extra 1 win he brings (1.1 WAR) was going to make or break this team.

You are using WAR as a be all end all stat IMO and it's not. Plus you eglect that he's almost 2 full wins better than what is there now and that doesn't include his leadership.

It was still the right move on and let the younger kids play.

I think this was all dependent on pay and length of contract, but I can agree with this. Doesn't mean I don't miss him and want him back.

There was also rumor that AJ didn't get along with a rookie manager (last season),

Rumor=/= truth, plus RV should have never been our manager as I said last season, one of the very few that did say that.

and its no secret that AJ wasn't the most popular guy.

On our team? He was up there, maybe not #1, but he was in the photo.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there still was this amazing article on value of calling games on fangraphs. i miss his left handed bat, experienced game caller, and agitator to opposing teams. KW made a comment about this years team not playing with an edge....well hahn got rid of a lot of that when aj got canned. for the contract that he got in texas he should have been here...not flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.