AK47 unite?

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Would you do this trade:

Bulls: Kirilenko, Koufos, and Jazz 20th pick

Jazz: Deng, Hinrich

Bulls reason: I wasn't to impress by the seven man rotation this season and I think with AK versatility the Bulls get better. I think his leadership, experience, and defensive ability can prosper in our fast pace system. Say we ever run into Lebron or Rondo, he can help out in that department. Koufos is another piece we can explore because his game complements Derrick Rose. Last, that 20th pick can get us someone that will play a nice role for years to come.

Jazz: Jazz roster is talented but too much dependable on Deron. I think Sloan obsession with Hinrich play and Deng mid-range scorers mentality will help this team a lot. I think this trade can have the Billups affect similar to Denver. Right now, when Deron leaves the floor they have no quality backup. Also, Deng scorers approach can prosper in Sloans system.

Notes: Rose doesn't need a over paid backup point when the Bulls aren't competing like Jazz are. Deng won't fit with Rose in the long run because he's not a master at nothing in Vinny's system, plus he won't be the shooter from distance that many wants him to be. Last, Jazz would probably do this because they're getting two impact players that can deliver in Sloan's system and Keep them in contention with Western playoff teams

PG: Rose = Free Agent
SG: Salmons = (Chase Budinger)
SF: Kirilenko = (Chase Budinger)
PF: Ty.Thomas = (Patrick Patterson) = Koufos
C: Noah = (B.J. Mullens) = Miller

B.J. Mullens (16th pick)
Patrick Patterson (20th pick)
Chase Budinger (26th pick)

other prospect notables: James Johnson, Terrence Williams, Gani Lawal, Nick Calathes. Austin Daye, Sam Young, Tyler Hansbrough

FA: Kevin Ollie, Brevin Knight, Juan Dixon, Tyrone Lue

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Yes I would.

I don't think Utah would want to do that trade, but they might consider it. Deng would mesh well with them as a pure SF. They don't really need Hinrich, but he'd be a nice 6th man for them or starting SG.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Yes I would.

I don't think Utah would want to do that trade, but they might consider it. Deng would mesh well with them as a pure SF. They don't really need Hinrich, but he'd be a nice 6th man for them or starting SG.

I think they would because they get two players that fit their system for the price of one. On Bulls side, AK can play 3 and 4 with a impact on the defensive end. Plus, adding Koufos and that pick gives us depth to grow with Rose. I think our defense showed us up in the Boston series too.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
There are elements of this I like. I personally think AK47 and Tyrus are a little redundant but I do think AK47 fits here better than Deng does so that appeals to me. Under this scenario I would want Utah to send me Brewer instead of Koufus. Then I would want to spin Tyrus, expirings and 2 of the 3 picks to Phoenix for Amare and have a group of Rose, Salmons, Brewer, vet PG, AK47, Amare, Noah and Miller.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
AK47 has dissapered since signing that contract and was benched many of times by Sloan. Anyway the Jazz are very high on Koufuos.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd probably do it. If this also gives us cap room to resign Ben (idk AK47's contract, but I think it's pretty big) then I would definitely do it. Team listed above + Ben is a pretty good squad IMO.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
So we swap an overpaid, somewhat injury prone small forward with 5 years left on his deal for an overpaid, somewhat injury prone small forward with 2 years left on his deal? We also manage to save short term (ie 2010) money by moving Hinrich? We also pick up a young seven footer who might at least be servicable? We get a pick thrown in for our trouble?

Is the Jazz front office drunk when they offer this?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Kirlenko is a PF really. He plays much better there than at SF.

They could easily move Hinrich for expirings if they didn't want him on their team, and then they'd save a lot of money short term over Kirlenko's deal. Deng rounds out their roster much better than Kirlenko being a pure 3.

Still, I would bet Deng is radioactive until he has another good season.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I agree AK is a better PF, but according to 82games he still put up a 17.8 PER at SF this year. Luol has only bettered that once in his career, and if we don't think he's going to recapture his 06/07 form, why do the Jazz?

Basically I think Luol makes them a worse team (or at best no better), so they're taking on extra short and long term salary and giving up a pick and prospect to get Kirk Hinrich. Who plays the same position as their best player.

There is absolutely no way Utah should do this deal.