Alabama safety Landon Collins All-22 coaches tape vs. LSU 2014

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you're saying that we have to throw our arms in the air and give up any and all draft analysis because we don't have access to the draft boards that would conclusively determine which players were "reaches" and which were simply over-evaluated by the team drafting team, then I simply disagree with you. Reason and critical analysis can get us pretty far even in lieu of perfect evidence.

No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you can't project YOUR opinions onto team needs and player grades. You can evaluate players/drafts based on YOUR opinions of them but can't do so based on the teams opinion and board because 99.9% of the time we don't have any sort of reliable access to that.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Here's what I see...

I think my armchair scouting is better than your armchair scouting....

1:00 - Avoids making a tackle on a QB draw

This is the only negative one I agree with you on.

1:14 - Drops his head down too soon, doesn't break down and isn't under control. Makes a shoelace tackle but could have really punished the receiver.

It was an open-field tackle. He didn't look out of control to me.

1:37 - FS makes an INT but on the replay, Collins is flat out beat off the line. He fakes the blitz and is in man coverage but does not back pedal and turn his hips. Instead, he hops side ways expecting a short in or dig route and is beat deep.

No. He didn't get beat off the line. Also, the receiver was never open. The FS would have picked it off if the ball had been thrown to the guy he was covering. It's not a bad thing to try to jump a short route when you know you have help over the top.

1:50 - Playing very high in C1 makes a good read on the throw and breaks up the pass. Ball was under thrown and poorly played by the WR. Collins could have intercepted the ball. Still, this was played well.

No. The ball was either going to hit the receiver in stride or be slightly OVERthrown. Collins made a great play getting to the ball before the receiver did, especially considering he was in cover 1 and the pass was thrown near the sideline. This might have been a touchdown if Collins hadn't read it and gotten there in time.

3:00 - Avoids a block from the OG and makes a good read and tackle on the RB.

Yup.

3:14 - Gets run over by the QB on a 14 yard draw for a TD. Didn't get into good enough position and tries to make the tackle from the side which nullifies his strength.

He came in from the side because he was running in from the other side of the field. Also, he probably wasn't expecting Geno Smith to basically shove the QB into the endzone.

3:38 - Makes a good play on a well timed run blitz.

Yup.

4:10 - Makes a good play on the ball for a one handed INT. This ball was really late and hung in the air. Good play on a terrible throw.

I don't know what you mean by late because the receiver was never open.

4:38 - Takes a terrible angle on the scrambling QB and nearly misses an open field tackle.

No. He was in perfect position and under control. The QB tried to juke him but it didn't work.

5:24 - Makes a great hit on the WR running a post route and causes the incompletion.

Yup.

5:38 - Again has trouble breaking down to tackle the scrambling QB and this time, misses the tackle.

This is the worst one. WTF are you watching? It was 3rd and 7, and the only way the QB could have possibly scrambled for the first down would have been to cut to his left and get outside. Collins funneled him back to the middle where his teammates tackled him for a 4 yard gain on 3rd and 7.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'll quietly mention Demarious Randall from ASU is an excellent center field defender and a very good run stopper, and let the board decide from there.

Two questions because I haven't been able to follow the PAC this year as much as I have in the past. Is he coming out this year and is he a legit NFL prospect?