satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mayock said he was a slot.

Ridley ran a full route tree in a pro style offense at the z, x, and even lined up in the slot occasionally at Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napo55

Liked Posts:
The upside down world is not factoring in the bears currently have one legitimate OLB on the roster at the moment.

OLB is every bit as pressing as WR and quality pass rushers are much harder to find in FA

Plenty of needs on defense. But the offense is much worse, just check the NFL stats. The other factor is that the team just drafted a QB at no. 2, and he needs to make real progress in his second year and to do that needs far better support. That's priority no. 1.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What i dont like about Ridley is he has smallish hands . 9- 1/8 Kirks hands measure 9-7/8 Miller 10

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Who do you like?

Round 1: Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, and Courtland Sutton.
Round 2: Dante Pettis, Michael Gallup, Deon Cain, DJ Moore.
Round 3: Jordan Lasley, DJ Chark, James Washington, Keke Coutee.

1st round is too rich for my blood, and Ridley and Kirk are my top 2.

I think the 2nd/3rd round guys could go anywhere. Pettis I'm starting to really like. Love Moore. Him measuring at a legit 6' is great for him. Chark is fun, but probably a guy that's only going to give you deep routes or screens early on in his career. If you are desperate for 2018 help he's probably not your guy.

Washington probably guess upper part of round 2. I think he'll run fast but too stiff.

Lasley is not good. Not a fan. Wouldn't take him before the 5th.

I think the Bears trade down from 39 or up in the 4th and take a WR in the late 2nd or 3rd.

Of the 2nd/3rd round guys, I like Moore, Auden Tate, Pettis, Chark in that order. Cain and Coutee if those guys are gone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Plenty of needs on defense. But the offense is much worse, just check the NFL stats. The other factor is that the team just drafted a QB at no. 2, and he needs to make real progress in his second year and to do that needs far better support. That's priority no. 1.

And with FA and 7 draft picks it will be addressed.

Pinning your hopes for WR with the first pick is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So paying Cameron Meredith, Kevin White, Kendall Wright, Josh Bellamy, and Albert Wilson is to much money? Wright can play the outside.

RWR: Cameron Meredith, Rookie
LWR: Kevin White, Kendall Wright
SWR: Albert Wilson

Bears probably won't give up on Kevin White just yet.

Great, so now we're forcing guys out of position or to positions they are not productive to spin another fuck up. If Wright was our slot with the WR core we had last year, do you think things are going in the right direction if he gets promoted to a #2? Rhetorical, save yourself the angst.

The other thing is that Wright came here to get snaps and not sat down as much as he was in TN. If we signed Wilson, Wright wouldn't want to sign here again because Wilson is also best in the slot. It's just not going to happen regardless of how you try to spin this. He's talented at getting space on quicks but he's a 5'10", 4.6 guy with tiny hands, not what you want starting outside in this league.

My guess is that we match Wilson's best offer and he signs here. We'll pay too much but not the crazy #s I see some predicting. Price of FA.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think with Wilson the Bears just need to be honest with what he is. He is a #3 guy, maybe a #2, who you are targeting 8 times a season and who no one is game planning for or double teaming.

If you go into it with that plan he is going to be a productive player for you.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think with Wilson the Bears just need to be honest with what he is. He is a #3 guy, maybe a #2, who you are targeting 8 times a season and who no one is game planning for or double teaming.

If you go into it with that plan he is going to be a productive player for you.

Assuming you mean 8 times a game, that's 128 targets for the season, which means he'd be a mid-level #1 WR.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Forget WR with the #8 we need to focus on CB or OLB currently. If Prince and Fuller move on I'd we need a CB stat! Mike Hughes, this kid reminds me of a young Peanut Tillman that could learn out to strip the ball but be #2 to a Ramsey in the league. The kid is shutdown.

I didn't say the bears should draft WR in round 1. I'm not sure who or what position they should target in the first yet.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just the most nfl ready WR in the draft, with the best route running, cutting, and catching ability in this draft. Not to mention perhaps the fastest WR in the draft too(That will be determined soon).

Ridley is worth a top 15 pick, #8 might be a tad rich, but he is also worth it when you have a massive hole at the position and have a 2nd year QB who's future depends on the pieces around him.

Calvin isn't flashy, hes a technician, and is very fluid in and out of his cuts. His game will translate very well to the pros and he should compete for Rookie of the Year consideration(even tho its going to barkley). If he had better talent throwing to him at Alabama he would prob not even be available when the bears are picking.

Well, I never mentioned any WR specifically, but happy that you like Ridley. I agree he had a rough go with his qb at Bama. I wouldn't be pissed if they took him, but I'm not sold WR should be the #8 pick right now.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Great, so now we're forcing guys out of position or to positions they are not productive to spin another fuck up. If Wright was our slot with the WR core we had last year, do you think things are going in the right direction if he gets promoted to a #2? Rhetorical, save yourself the angst.

The other thing is that Wright came here to get snaps and not sat down as much as he was in TN. If we signed Wilson, Wright wouldn't want to sign here again because Wilson is also best in the slot. It's just not going to happen regardless of how you try to spin this.

My guess is that we match Wilson's best offer and he signs here. We'll pay too much but not the crazy #s I see some predicting. Price of FA.

1. Kendall Wright did decent on the outside and in the slot but he's not great at either so playing him out of position isn't a big deal.
2. Kendall Wright played snaps on the outside last year. Did you watch the games last year?
3. Wright was the worst wide receiver on the Titans depth chart he's not a starter as he showed last year he belongs as a number 4 on a depth chart.
4. Albert Wilson's market value is around 3 years 15 million about 5 million per season he's not going to break the bank. He will get the Torrey Smith deal.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
This place is going to lose their minds when Pace trades the #8 pick straight up for Landry.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So paying Cameron Meredith, Kevin White, Kendall Wright, Josh Bellamy, and Albert Wilson is to much money? Wright can play the outside.

RWR: Cameron Meredith, Rookie
LWR: Kevin White, Kendall Wright
SWR: Albert Wilson

Bears probably won't give up on Kevin White just yet.

Why the hell not?? Blame it on injuries, over zealous expectations, or lousy scouting, bottom line, he's a bust.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why the hell not?? Blame it on injuries, over zealous expectations, or lousy scouting, bottom line, he's a bust.

Because his entire contract is guaranteed so you might as well invest time in him in hopes he can at least show something. Worst case scenario he gets hurt again and we can IR him and get a roster spot.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because his entire contract is guaranteed so you might as well invest time in him in hopes he can at least show something. Worst case scenario he gets hurt again and we can IR him and get a roster spot.

I see your point, but even during the short times he was healthy, he showed very little. Also, I hate the thought of possibly giving up a player with some upside, just to hang on to a bust, simply because his contract is guaranteed. Sometimes, you just have to cut your losses.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I see your point, but even during the short times he was healthy, he showed very little. Also, I hate the thought of possibly giving up a player with some upside, just to hang on to a bust, simply because his contract is guaranteed. Sometimes, you just have to cut your losses.

Guy isn't a bust. You cant call someone a bust unless he actually plays. Hes played like 4 games, thats why he has shown very little. If he stays healthy this season he will definately be one of the best 53 players on our roster. Good luck finding a #6 WR with more potential upside.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao: You cant call someone a bust unless he actually plays. Hes played like 4 games, thats why he has shown very little. If he stays healthy this season he will definately be one of the best 53 players on our roster. Good luck finding a #6 WR with more potential upside.

:lmao: