Alex smith as backup?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I'd love to bring in Alex Smith for the Nick Foles contract 2 years 11 million but not if it gets in the way of other positions.

Uh, zero percent chance any team signs him to that measly contract. Maybe 25 years ago those numbers would make sense.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Dude, had a 5:1 TD-INT ratio.

Josh McCown pretty much played 16 f*#king games this year.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If he doesn't get a starting job anywhere, what do you think about replacing glennon with him? Cost would probably be the same. Maybe cheaper.

If the Chiefs cut him, he's a 17 million dollar dead cap hit and it only saves them 3 million, and with the 4.8 mil in cap space they have walking into the offseason--cutting Smith makes no sense.

They're not going to cut him, which means somebody has to trade for him and his 20 million dollar salary. Which the bears aren't going to do.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
If I'm the Browns with all those picks I trade for Smith then trade the first pick for more picks. Builld a foundation then get the young qb next year or the year after. I'd want to give Kizer a year of development as well. Makes sense to me.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'd love to bring in Alex Smith for the Nick Foles contract 2 years 11 million but not if it gets in the way of other positions.
So would 32 NFL GM's, and they wouldn't give a fuck about that getting in the way of other positions.