All FA signings thus far...

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
nice recap...(excluding returning FAs...)

http://www.chicagofootball.com/2014/03/10/bears-free-agency-tracker-updated-signings/afhzcmw/

almost all defense except for hixon..

list by name, position, age, previous teams...

Jared Allen DE 32 Vikings, Chiefs Signed by Bears, 4-year contract worth $32.2 million with $15.5 million guaranteed
Allen has missed only three games in his career and has 128.5 sacks, 50 passes defensed and 29 forced fumbles | Hub Arkush: Addition of Jared Allen makes the Bears a contender

Domenik Hixon WR 29 Panthers, Giants, Broncos Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Predominantly a special-teamer, Hixon had seven catches last year, but a game-winning TD vs. the Saints. Had 500+ receiving yards in '12 and '08.

Lamarr Houston DE 27 Raiders Signed by Bears, 5-year contract worth $35 million
According to Pro Football Focus, Houston led all 4-3 defensive ends with 54 “stops” in 2013, which is a tackle that constitutes an offensive failure.

Israel Idonije DE 33 Lions, Bears Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Comes back to Chicago after recording 11 tackles with the Lions in 2013. Had 7.5 sacks for the Bears in '12 and can play inside or out on the D-line.

M.D. Jennings FS 26 Packers Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Jennings started all 16 games for Green Bay last season and made 74 tackles, one sack and one pass defensed.

Austen Lane DE 26 Lions, Chiefs, Jaguars Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Lane reunites with Bears defensive coordinator Mel Tucker, who was his coordinator in Jacksonville when Lane played there from 2010-12.

Danny McCray SS 26 Cowboys Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Another special-teams contributor, McCray did start 10 games in 2012 and had 71 tackles and one INT. He's familiar with Joe DeCamillis from his time in Dallas.

Ryan Mundy S 29 Giants, Steelers Signed by Bears, 2-year contract
Started 9 games in 2013 and had 70 tackles. A special-teams contributor, No. 3 safety in Pittsburgh.

Trevor Scott DE 30 Bucs, Patriots, Raiders Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Scott played for the Raiders from 2008-11 and had five sacks in ’08 and seven in ’09.

Jordan Senn LB 30 Panthers, Colts Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Special-teams captain in Carolina in 2012. Started 7 games and made 71 tackles in 2011.

Willie Young DE 28 Lions Signed by Bears, 3-year contract worth $9 million with $3.95 million guaranteed
After zero starts from 2010-12, broke out in '13 with 15 starts, three sacks and 60 quarterback disruptions, according to Pro Football Focus. Likely will start opposite Houston.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
in before "we didn't get younger"

lol..

a list of who we have lost I guess would help also..

Peppers
Melton
Wright
Anderson
Hester
E-Bennett
Bush
McCown

I"m sure I've missed a few, please chime in....

malcore

Not saying we should have kept him, but I empathize with Earl Bennett. Been a tough year for him.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying we should have kept him, but I empathize with Earl Bennett. Been a tough year for him.

agree...hope he bounces back well from his family member passing (his brother correct?) as well as his release..

what's going on with weems? last I remember readiing he was asked to take a pay cut around the time they asked EB to, they both said no and only EB got released....is that right or did I miss weems release?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Still think Safety is our biggest concern. Conte and Mundy aren't a big improvement over last year. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they went Dix, Buccanon 1 and 2

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weems is still here. Not sure what happened there.

dont see why they'd cut eb and not him honestly...unless they think his contributions on ST are enough to keep in on....maybe they are going to let him ride until camp and have hiim compete for a spot...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Didn't sign Britton, season is in jeopardy!

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Willie YoungDE28L...Likely will start opposite Houston.

I thought we signed Jared Allen. My mistake.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
MD Jennings started 16 games and defended 1 fucking pass? Sheeyet. It probably hit him in the back of the helmet.

I seriously doubt MD Jennings will be our starter.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
nice recap...(excluding returning FAs...)

http://www.chicagofootball.com/2014/03/10/bears-free-agency-tracker-updated-signings/afhzcmw/

almost all defense except for hixon..

list by name, position, age, previous teams...

Jared Allen DE 32 Vikings, Chiefs Signed by Bears, 4-year contract worth $32.2 million with $15.5 million guaranteed
Allen has missed only three games in his career and has 128.5 sacks, 50 passes defensed and 29 forced fumbles | Hub Arkush: Addition of Jared Allen makes the Bears a contender

Domenik Hixon WR 29 Panthers, Giants, Broncos Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Predominantly a special-teamer, Hixon had seven catches last year, but a game-winning TD vs. the Saints. Had 500+ receiving yards in '12 and '08.

Lamarr Houston DE 27 Raiders Signed by Bears, 5-year contract worth $35 million
According to Pro Football Focus, Houston led all 4-3 defensive ends with 54 “stops” in 2013, which is a tackle that constitutes an offensive failure.

Israel Idonije DE 33 Lions, Bears Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Comes back to Chicago after recording 11 tackles with the Lions in 2013. Had 7.5 sacks for the Bears in '12 and can play inside or out on the D-line.

M.D. Jennings FS 26 Packers Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Jennings started all 16 games for Green Bay last season and made 74 tackles, one sack and one pass defensed.

Austen Lane DE 26 Lions, Chiefs, Jaguars Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Lane reunites with Bears defensive coordinator Mel Tucker, who was his coordinator in Jacksonville when Lane played there from 2010-12.

Danny McCray SS 26 Cowboys Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Another special-teams contributor, McCray did start 10 games in 2012 and had 71 tackles and one INT. He's familiar with Joe DeCamillis from his time in Dallas.

Ryan Mundy S 29 Giants, Steelers Signed by Bears, 2-year contract
Started 9 games in 2013 and had 70 tackles. A special-teams contributor, No. 3 safety in Pittsburgh.

Trevor Scott DE 30 Bucs, Patriots, Raiders Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Scott played for the Raiders from 2008-11 and had five sacks in ’08 and seven in ’09.

Jordan Senn LB 30 Panthers, Colts Signed by Bears, 1-year contract
Special-teams captain in Carolina in 2012. Started 7 games and made 71 tackles in 2011.

Willie Young DE 28 Lions Signed by Bears, 3-year contract worth $9 million with $3.95 million guaranteed
After zero starts from 2010-12, broke out in '13 with 15 starts, three sacks and 60 quarterback disruptions, according to Pro Football Focus. Likely will start opposite Houston.

When they signed Allen, and I read they had signed SIX DE's in FA, it struck me as a surpise. Houston will play more than just DE, and that includes Izzy which was "bringing back one of their own", but Lane and Scott were all but forgotten since they seemed to be just camp bodies at the time.

But SIX DE's? You can't say Phil didn't see a weakness. Clearly there are many weaknesses, but he sure went after DE.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bennett might wait until after the draft to sign

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I seriously doubt MD Jennings will be our starter.

MDJ and Conte will be competing for who's the worst at safety on the roster IMO....ftl

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Umm NO WAY does Willie Young start over Jarred Allen. bahahahahaha. As much as some of you think Allen will have his role reduced and ol Willie will see a lot of playing time, it ain't happening. Jarred Allen is being paid like a starter and WILL be the starter. Willie is your 3rd rotational DE.