All Pro CB Cortland Finnegan may eye return

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2556407-cortland-finnegan-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-free-agent-cb

Cortland played nine seasons in the NFL with the Titans,Dolphins and the Rams.

7 sacks
18 interceptions
5 forced fumbles
31 years old

willing to play Safety and CB but he's been troubled with injuries that caused him to miss sometime. He recently did a workout for the Patriots.

"Cortland Finnegan's retirement party may have been premature, as the former All-Pro cornerback is looking to make a comeback."

"According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Finnegan is willing to play cornerback or safety, and he hired high-profile agent Drew Rosenhaus to help him find a new team.

"In March, Finnegan announced on Instagram he was walking away from the NFL after a nine-year career "

Finnegan spent last season playing with the Miami Dolphins. He started 12 games, recording 33 tackles, nine passes defended and one forced fumble.

Injuries have been a problem for Finnegan over the past two seasons. The 31-year-old has only appeared in 19 games during that span, leading to a decrease in his overall performance. Last year was the first time since his rookie season in 2006 that he didn't record an interception.

Given Finnegan's willingness to switch positions if teams don't view him exclusively as a cornerback at this stage of his career, it seems likely some team will give him a shot. He may have to wait until the season starts and injuries occur, but his wealth of experience should make it easy for him to fit in any secondary. "

[video=youtube_share;-71mGtFQVSw]https://youtu.be/-71mGtFQVSw[/video]

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No thank you. A team in rebuilding mode doesn't need someone coming out of retirement.

He announced retirement after last years season. He's defiantly an upgrade over Ball,Fuller and Porter.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck no. I really hope he's not on the teams radar, I can't stand that little bastard

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
It would look pretty bad to let a guy like Tillman walk then sign Finnigan later on. I miss Peanut.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
andre-johnson-go-ham-o.gif