Allen hurns has been released

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
He was active for 16, 15, 11, and 8 games to be fair. Rookie season he only started 8 because he was UFA coming in. You're right though that he has been a little banged up the last 2 years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He was active for 10 last year I believe. He is also better than Cam and could be a suitable replacement for Kevin White's 5 million per year. If Cam goes elsewhere, sign him.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
He was active for 10 last year I believe. He is also better than Cam and could be a suitable replacement for Kevin White's 5 million per year. If Cam goes elsewhere, sign him.

White's 5 million is fully guaranteed so unless the Bears can trade him, that 5 million is already accounted for.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
You could spend that pick to add a cheaper player on the DL or take another swing at OLB.

Yes you can, however, given the depths of DL,OLB and WR rounds 2-4 in this given class I confident in saying the better prospects are within the WR group.

Especially rounds 3-4. It's deep with legit talent.

I stand by my original statement.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
This is a "no brainer"......Bring Hurns in!!!!! "beef n' speed" in the Slot......all good.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
We need to bring him here and focus on the defense and offensive line in the Draft

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes you can, however, given the depths of DL,OLB and WR rounds 2-4 in this given class I confident in saying the better prospects are within the WR group.

Especially rounds 3-4. It's deep with legit talent.

I stand by my original statement.

But Hurns is better than the free agent talent that is available at OLB.

If you sign Hurns you can devote more draft resources to possibly hitting on the OLB.

For me it is 100% about price. But he would be experienced depth behind 2 guys with ACLs.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
White's 5 million is fully guaranteed so unless the Bears can trade him, that 5 million is already accounted for.

I'm speaking in terms of next year. If we pay Hurns 5 million a year, that would be similar to White's contract anyway, except now we'd be getting value.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not sure about that.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I say sign him.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Really?? For what possible reason would we want a guy who has never played a full season in 4 years?? In 4 seasons he has started 8 games, 15 games, 11 games, 8 games. No reason to bring him in. PASS.

LOL, started and played are different. 16, 15, 11, 10. That's his real numbers.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
LOL, started and played are different. 16, 15, 11, 10. That's his real numbers.

Yeah no shit they are different.... does not change anything.... those numbers are horrible. Big risk, big liability. Not worth it.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

Its safe to wonder if the Blake Bortles up and down QB play had a hand in both him and AR's production drop. They made a really nice tandem in 2015.

At the right price, which I am sure he would be, why not given all the questions still remaining at the WR position.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree with Ditka, especially when they've already spent a lot of FA money on pass catchers. Draft a mid rounder with traits Nagy likes and there's enough there for a very good group already.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is. Stats and eye test.

Disagree. Meredith is underrated on this board, largely because as a receiver he's thrown under the bus by those with too much emotional investment in the QBs. Not much interested in stats as there are too many factors that go into them. On pure ability I don't think there's very much between them.

MRN.

Liked Posts:
I've always liked Hurns, but I still want to give White one last shot as well.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Disagree. Meredith is underrated on this board, largely because as a receiver he's thrown under the bus by those with too much emotional investment in the QBs. Not much interested in stats as there are too many factors that go into them. On pure ability I don't think there's very much between them.

He is underrated by so is Hurns. Hurns had two very good seasons before the Bortles implosion. Just like Allen Robinson's numbers tanked after the Bortles implosion. Hurns finds the endzone and scores, he has 21 TD's 52 games.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The whole point of spending big on a legit number one is that he will command enough attention from the defense that’s it will free up the lesser talented players on offense. You can get those players throughout the draft. Going wr over load in fa is going to really hurt other problem areas on the team. We have a true number one we need to start acting like the successful teams that also have one

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
He is underrated by so is Hurns. Hurns had two very good seasons before the Bortles implosion. Just like Allen Robinson's numbers tanked after the Bortles implosion. Hurns finds the endzone and scores, he has 21 TD's 52 games.

Let's also be honest most of his TD's were in garbage time.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If the price is good I would do it. Saves us a draft pick to use elsewhere and Hurns's upside is very good.