Allen Iverson a Bull?

Liked Posts:
Okay, thank you. That's exactly what i wanted to hear.

"Let's get rid of Ben Gordon because we can't scrape together 5 bucks to keep him but lets bring in Allen Iverson."

That would be a contradiction.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
Better check hoopshype!

AI in the Windy City!?

Tell me this ain't happening.
Nets time a link would be nice... ;) theres already a thread on the chance of Iverson coming here also..

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Better check hoopshype!

AI in the Windy City!?

Nets time a link would be nice... ;) theres already a thread on the chance of Iverson coming here also..

Oh, I'm sorry about that. I looked but didn't see one. Next time i'll look a little longer.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Better check hoopshype!

AI in the Windy City!?

Oh, I'm sorry about that. I looked but didn't see one. Next time i'll look a little longer.
Its all good, i know of the other thread about AI because i started it late last night..Either way i dont want him...:)

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

"Let's get rid of Ben Gordon because we can't scrape together 5 bucks to keep him but lets bring in Allen Iverson."

we didnt get rid of BG he decided not to sign with us the past 2 years and basically got a similar deal in Americas Toilet we call Detroit.

ZombieKevie

Liked Posts:
no ai, i really hope it doesnt happen. iverson way more sefish than bg was.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Iverson is 34 years old, he cannot be an effective starter anymore and he sabotaged the Pistons last year with his selfishness.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

we didnt get rid of BG he decided not to sign with us the past 2 years and basically got a similar deal in Americas Toilet we call Detroit.
Actually BG wanted to sign with us, we wouldn't let him after our self made deadline.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Iverson is 34 years old, he cannot be an effective starter anymore and he sabotaged the Pistons last year with his selfishness.

Iverson can still be very effective in the right situation. He just isn't the guy who can carry a team anymore.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:

Allen Iverson still sells merchandise. Any team that signs him would be doing so to make money, not for on court results where the last year has proven he's a complete me first cancer.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:

Allen Iverson still sells merchandise. Any team that signs him would be doing so to make money, not for on court results where the last year has proven he's a complete me first cancer.
I think you are exaggerating. AI is still decent on the court, I wouldn't want him on the bulls but he can still give you a lot of firepower and be a good offensive option on a defensive team. His defense is poor but so are a lot of players.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
How about the way he quit on Detroit and decided he wanted to stay on the injury list rather than play?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
How about the way he quit on Detroit and decided he wanted to stay on the injury list rather than play?
He quit because he is a starter in this league and they made him a bench player. He should have started instead of Stuckey and things would have gone better. Besides, Detroit wasn't a good fit and everything went in the garbage after they lost their leader. He didn't quit on the nuggets. And he certainly went through enough bad years in Philly. AI can still be a good player in this league on a strong vet team or filler on a crap lotto team. Maybe he can even lead the bobcats into the playoffs, he isn't done.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He quit because he is a starter in this league and they made him a bench player. He should have started instead of Stuckey and things would have gone better. Besides, Detroit wasn't a good fit and everything went in the garbage after they lost their leader. He didn't quit on the nuggets. And he certainly went through enough bad years in Philly. AI can still be a good player in this league on a strong vet team or filler on a crap lotto team. Maybe he can even lead the bobcats into the playoffs, he isn't done.

That is not a suffice reason to quit on the team. He should have gone to the bench like he was initially asked to. He didn't quit on the Nuggets, but look what happened after he left. After letting BG go, the Bulls don't need AI, who has a legacy as a great player with an accompanying ego. But going from BG to AI would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

That is not a suffice reason to quit on the team. He should have gone to the bench like he was initially asked to. He didn't quit on the Nuggets, but look what happened after he left. After letting BG go, the Bulls don't need AI, who has a legacy as a great player with an accompanying ego. But going from BG to AI would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
First off, I never advocated for getting AI. I said that he wasn't done and can still be productive in this league. Furthermore for the highlighted section, in trades there usaully is a winner and loser. Billups is a all around better fit. Most trades don't trade equal players, they usaully trade an established player for prospects or money. AI was money as he was an expiring deal and McDyess gave them instant financial savings. Saying AI is worse then Billups isn't a bad thing, Billups is probably a top 5 pg. He was also a perfect leader for a team that desperately needed one. I am not saying that AI will lead a team to a title, I said the opposite that he can be a good role player for the right team.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

Whether Detroit was a good situation for him or not, he was being paid about 250k a game to play for them. He can cry me a damn river if he doesn't like it, he's being paid to play basketball, he should go do it.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

Whether Detroit was a good situation for him or not, he was being paid about 250k a game to play for them. He can cry me a damn river if he doesn't like it, he's being paid to play basketball, he should go do it.
There are plenty of players in the league who have done something similar or acted out in other ways that are championship caliber players. I agree its not right and not something I encourage but if you are an aging star and traded to a team that has no intention of doing the right thing and letting him start. Rodney Stuckey was clearly not better than him and should have been benched. Had they had a real couch instead of curry, they wouldn't have had these issues but I guess that why curry got fired after a yr.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying Iverson isn't a player who could in theory be useful to a good team. I'm saying that you'd have to worry about signing him at this point after how the Detroit situation played out. You don't want a guy who is going to sulk about his playing time and/or role and just flat out refuse to play if he doesn't get his way. The Bulls saw how destructive that can be to a team with the Ben Wallace situation.