Alshon Jeffery #17 making the leap

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
MYBADYO.

maybe we should just merge this with the other Jeffrey thread so everything can be neat and tidy? or maybe i can make an observation about a bears player on a bears forum when he's in a video of bears football and there doesn't need to be a slew of posts complaining that we're somehow off topic?

LOL , its more a comment about the board right now not you as an individual.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
LOL , its more a comment about the board right now not you as an individual.

fair nuff. just saying, not every post about Cutler is bad. there are as many "OMG so many cutler threads" posts as there are exhausted, rehashed posts on him

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you missed a little bit of sand in your vagina.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If only bidets were standard in the US...

I'd never leave the bathroom!

LOL, you reminded me of a story my friend told me about his uncle's experience overseas with a hotel that had bidets in their bathrooms. Long story short, he took a shit in the bidet instead of the toilet.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I think you missed a little bit of sand in your vagina.

i bet it would be pretty hard to get it all out in one try. i'm pretty sure if i had sex on the beach i'd have sand in my ass for a week

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, you reminded me of a story my friend told me about his uncle's experience overseas with a hotel that had bidets in their bathrooms. Long story short, he took a shit in the bidet instead of the toilet.

LOL at least he didn't upper decker it!

I used a toilet at the Bellagio that had 4 different rinse options (to include pulse) Then it finished with a blow dryer.

#heaven

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the third video, next to the obstacles section, shows the worst of Cutler's quarterbacking. 3rd down, has Hester wide open just beyond the 1st down marker, never sees him, throws it into traffic instead. Trestman needs to convince him that the easy throws are better than the hard ones

You have a point about seeing the more open guy, but that throw was not a bad decision. Jeffery had inside, underneath position when he fell. If he came out of his cut cleanly, it would have been an easy catch.

That kind of timing based skinny post is a staple of the WCO and we will probably see that same play a lot this season.

In this vid at 0:56, you can see the same route (with some PI thrown in) where Jeffery follows through and makes the catch.

[video=youtube;mQkuAcVvKIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQkuAcVvKIo[/video]

Last edited:

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Bot:

It probably should have been a completion because Jeffrey had body position, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a bad decision. The corner is on him, the safety is coming down, and the LB is dropping to the same zone. In the play you referenced above, no LB and no S, just single coverage, so less risk. Cutler squeezes the ball in there in both cases because he has a freak arm and Jeffrey is in good position vs. the corner. But throwing a contested ball into a window when you have an underneath option wide open is generally unacceptable, especially on 3rd down. 2006 Super Bowl is a good example why: Peyton dismantled us with all his underneath completions, and Rex's downfield forces similarly doomed us.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Alshon definitely builds up some serious speed as he gets a few steps in. Not explosive but sneaky nonchalant for sure. And how fun is it to watch a clean pocket on some of those throws? Interesting how that works.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bot:

It probably should have been a completion because Jeffrey had body position, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a bad decision. The corner is on him, the safety is coming down, and the LB is dropping to the same zone. In the play you referenced above, no LB and no S, just single coverage, so less risk. Cutler squeezes the ball in there in both cases because he has a freak arm and Jeffrey is in good position vs. the corner. But throwing a contested ball into a window when you have an underneath option wide open is generally unacceptable, especially on 3rd down. 2006 Super Bowl is a good example why: Peyton dismantled us with all his underneath completions, and Rex's downfield forces similarly doomed us.

I hear ya. Just trying to say, on that kind of route, the coverage is usually pretty tight and you are fitting the ball on time between the CB and safety, over the top of any underneath LB zones... Its part of what makes the route so hard to defend.

Its kind of like a downfield slant route. If the throw is on time, and the WR has position, its very hard to stop. And that play was executed almost perfectly till Jeffery fell down.

I think your overall point that Cutler sometimes struggles seeing the field is valid... thats just maybe not the best illustration of that. Imo, 9 times outta ten thats a completion and a pretty standard route that QBs need to be able to throw to.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I can agree with that. That play should have been a completion, to Hester or Jeffrey.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It could have to do with chemistry as well... Jeffery ran that route a lot last season and Cutler threw to him... with Hester, well... you know.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Alshon definitely builds up some serious speed as he gets a few steps in. Not explosive but sneaky nonchalant for sure. And how fun is it to watch a clean pocket on some of those throws? Interesting how that works.

Exactly. Cutler is filthy accuratea good amount of bombs. Puts it on the money with Alshon. Kinda funny when he has time to set his feet...weird?

Alshon will be a solid #2. He is not that slow for a big guy. I.thought he ran a 4.5. Sneaky my butt