Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler is the best QB Alshon has played with in the NFL

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Every game Jeffery misses puts him that much closer to leaving.

Some desperate team is going to give him his money, but as the Bears, with as much time as Jeffery is missing, I don't see how you can offer as much as others will. You'd know he hasn't earned it.

That's not a slight on Jeffery. If he's injured, he's injured. But your stock internally with the team you're supposed to be suiting up for but not, doesn't seem like it would be ticking up.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Oh, shit. My bad. I thought this was a thread about Jeffery. Never mind me! Carry on!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Some desperate team is going to give him his money, but as the Bears, with as much time as Jeffery is missing, I don't see how you can offer as much as others will. You'd know he hasn't earned it.

That's not a slight on Jeffery. If he's injured, he's injured. But your stock internally with the team you're supposed to be suiting up for but not, doesn't seem like it would be ticking up.

Tampa maybe?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you are right about a desperate team bidding up the AJ auction price, so to speak. What I'm not so sure about is whether or not that number will be as high as we think. Other teams certainly can see that he has talent but also can't stay on the field. So, possibly, hopefully, the bidding war doesn't get stupid and the Bears can sign him to a long(er) contract.

mecha

Liked Posts:
he broke his hand in 2012. he played all of 2013. he played hurt in 2014. he has a hamstring injury now. as has been noted by every armchair GM/coach on CCS, a hamstring injury will hinder his EXPLOSIVENESS! you saw him and Marshall hobble around last year; they still played good, but very slow.

he's missed like 3 games. one fluke injury and 3 games, does that really make him "injury-prone" and tank his value? I'll buy your theory when he's out half the season.

you people really need other shit to do.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
About six useful posts and then thirty douche posts.

I think he should be active and play on a limited basis.

Now I am not going to define what I think limited is. Just less than 100% of the offensive snaps.

Liked Posts:
About six useful posts and then thirty douche posts.

I think he should be active and play on a limited basis.

Now I am not going to define what I think limited is. Just less than 100% of the offensive snaps.
Your IQ is limited, bozo.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he broke his hand in 2012. he played all of 2013. he played hurt in 2014. he has a hamstring injury now. as has been noted by every armchair GM/coach on CCS, a hamstring injury will hinder his EXPLOSIVENESS! you saw him and Marshall hobble around last year; they still played good, but very slow.

he's missed like 3 games. one fluke injury and 3 games, does that really make him "injury-prone" and tank his value? I'll buy your theory when he's out half the season.

Now, there you go again, using those pesky fact things..... But, he has missed the first quarter of this season. And he is still questionable. I'm not sure injury prone is correct but the situation is not helping his situation. And it isn't helping the Bears either. And there are always going to be people claiming he is soft whether or not it is true or whether or not they know the facts. And I'm not talking about (only) this board; the press could too.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I think Alshon is getting slapped with the franchise tag. Then we contract him the following year. Obviously it's hurting the team to have him injured, but this SOB is hurting my fantasy football team too. I had Dez Bryant and AJ to start the season. Damn Damn Damn:fist:

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Alshon is getting slapped with the franchise tag. Then we contract him the following year. Obviously it's hurting the team to have him injured, but this SOB is hurting my fantasy football team too. I had Dez Bryant and AJ to start the season. Damn Damn Damn:fist:

Fellow Bryant owner. Also picked up Luck for QB... Not the best start.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

He has only played in one game and had 5 receptions.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Oh, sure, the Bears are proving they can win games without him. Now he's game.

Not to make this a Cutler thread even though somebody already did, but how is this different then that guy rushing back when the offense performed very well and got yards and points with McCown at the helm? Just saying, but thanks to the intelligence of the GM the Beloved had at the time despite starting barely more than half the games at QB (you know a more important position) and getting outplayed by his backup that year he still got a contract extension that a bunch of fucktards here think was a great idea, so if Jeffery comes this week or after the bye week and balls like he did the last two years (other than his dropsies Detroit game) nobody here should whine like a bunch of babies, especially all of the #6 groupies.

mecha

Liked Posts:
how did you all feel when Brian Urlacher had that weird wrist injury in 2009 and he was out for the entire year? or when Charles Tillman tore his triceps 2 years in a row?

how do you feel knowing that the Chicago Bears don't really give a fuck what you think, that they are an organization with professionals at all their respective positions, that believe it or not, probably KNOW better than you do?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
how did you all feel when Brian Urlacher had that weird wrist injury in 2009 and he was out for the entire year? or when Charles Tillman tore his triceps 2 years in a row?

how do you feel knowing that the Chicago Bears don't really give a fuck what you think, that they are an organization with professionals at all their respective positions, that believe it or not, probably KNOW better than you do?

Lame argument. Half the fun of sports is armchair coaching/GMing/etc. And if we're not here to talk about the Bears and speculate on various topics, why the hell does this board exist?

Urlacher was pretty injury-free. But yes, when Tillman tore his triceps two years in a row, I think it's clear he became injury-prone late in his Bears career.

As far as whether Alshon missing time in 2013 (EDIT: I guess it was actually 2012), playing hobbled all year in 2014 and now missing at least a handful of games in 2015 makes him injury-prone---well, yes, by definition, he is injury-prone.

Just like Cutler is injury-prone. The flukiness of the injury doesn't matter. If it's normal for someone to be injured for multiple games each season, they are injury-prone.

Doesn't mean we think they're fucking idiots or deserve to have their throats cut---just that it's usual for these people to be injured, and that has to at least be considered when talking about their future going forward.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Alshon Jeffery played all 16 games in 2013 en route to 1400 yards and 7 TDs...