Alshon Jeffery top 100 omission?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd take Montana over anyone else

Montana is a solid choice. As is Tom Brady in his prime(or Tom Brady now). I'd probably take those 2 over Rodgers.

The only thing that worries me about Rodgers is that little caveat about his 4th quarter. And I'm not trying to be the guy that says, "OMG Cutler is Mr. 4th Quarter!" I just think that if we're down 4 points with 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl, gimme Brady or Montana. I wouldn't take Peyton Manning for that reason either. He's been known to shit the bed in crunch time. Except when he plays our Bears in the Super Bowl! Not that they won because of him... But I digress.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The top 100 list was composed based on 2014 performance. Saying AJ had a better year than Tate last year is laughable. Tate made the list, AJ didn't. Tate made the pro bowl, AJ didn't. Game/Set/Match. Deal with it L Guano.

I think the list is based off of where players rank in todays game, not off of the previous season. Are you saying that Tate is a better player than Jeffery?

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
99 receptions is greater than 85 receptions
1331 yards is greater than 1,133
11 wins is greater than 5
720 yards after catch is greater than 498

oh but wait, Alshon did have more dropped pass's. you got me on that one. So yes 5 is greater than 2.

Dream on bird poop, dream on.

So is 10TDs way better production than 4TDs? Let's make this simple for the simple-minded.....are 10 lego blocks more than 4? Wouldn't you like to have 10 toys to play with rather than 4 Mr. Knowszero?

Garbage time = 1st quarter TDs.....thanks, I'm still laughing at your idiocy :lmao:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the list is based off of where players rank in todays game, not off of the previous season. Are you saying that Tate is a better player than Jeffery?

I have consistently said that I thought the players were of roughly equal value and or talent, albeit each has a different skill set. Looking at their 2014 performance, I give the nod to Tate for sole purpose of that list to Tate. Should I be drafting a fantasy team, I would not hesitate to pick Jeffrey over Tate. IMO that list is projecting forward into how each might perform in 2015.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Montana is a solid choice. As is Tom Brady in his prime(or Tom Brady now). I'd probably take those 2 over Rodgers.

The only thing that worries me about Rodgers is that little caveat about his 4th quarter. And I'm not trying to be the guy that says, "OMG Cutler is Mr. 4th Quarter!" I just think that if we're down 4 points with 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl, gimme Brady or Montana. I wouldn't take Peyton Manning for that reason either. He's been known to shit the bed in crunch time. Except when he plays our Bears in the Super Bowl! Not that they won because of him... But I digress.

Solid post. Those are the best clutch qbs of all-time pretty much. They have also done great vs amazing defenses. Brady torched Seattle's best secondary while Rodgers got pretty much embarassed by Seattle....twice. Not even close. Rodgers' play vs top 10 d defenses last year.....get ready for it....2 wins and 4 losses. Got humiliated vs Seattle twice...beat down by Detroit...and beat handily by the Orton-led Bills. Brady on the other hand did awesome. Sorry Rodgers' homers....these are the cold hard facts. He doesn't do that well vs great defenses. Brady and Montana on the other hand do great and have the clutch and rings to show for it.

Insert Rodgers excuses below and be sure to skirt those facts.....ready...go

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is 10TDs way better production than 4TDs? Let's make this simple for the simple-minded.....are 10 lego blocks more than 4? Wouldn't you like to have 10 toys to play with rather than 4 Mr. Knowszero?

Garbage time = 1st quarter TDs.....thanks, I'm still laughing at your idiocy :lmao:

Using your grade school logic, that makes Jeffrey a better receiver than Julio Jones as well, dream on bird poop, dream on.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Using your grade school logic, that makes Jeffrey a better receiver than Julio Jones as well, dream on bird poop, dream on.

Just remember garbage time boy.....10>4 and scoring in the 1st quarter is different than scoring in the 4th quarter...just remember how 1 comes before 4 you dolt. You're the only one here who is not only wrong but nust plain stupid...keep posting please:obama:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just remember garbage time boy.....10>4 and scoring in the 1st quarter is different than scoring in the 4th quarter...just remember how 1 comes before 4 you dolt. You're the only one here who is not only wrong but nust plain stupid...keep posting please:obama:

No comment on my prior post eh? I thought not, Señor Bird Poop. Actually not one credible argument from you, just repeating the same tired nonsensical crap. 80% of the bears 2014 season was garbage time, literally the laughing stock of the NFL. As for your assumption I am the only one that feels Tate belonged on that list while Jeffery did not, perhaps you ought to bring that up to the author of the article?

Let me know when you graduate the third grade, perhaps then the quality of your reply's might increase.......lmao.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Slow, fat, and second fiddle?
4.48/40 6'3" 216lbs slow?... fat?.... uhhhh, ok.
Still beats short, red zone invisible and second fiddle.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4.48/40 6'3" 216lbs slow?... fat?.... uhhhh, ok.
Still beats short, red zone invisible and second fiddle.

As if Alshon wouldn't be second fiddle or see less red zone targets if he played on the Lions along side CJ?

I will give you the fact Alshon isn't slow or fat........ He just disappears at times

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
As if Alshon wouldn't be second fiddle or see less red zone targets if he played on the Lions along side CJ?

I will give you the fact Alshon isn't slow or fat........ He just disappears at times

Name me guys who don't a couple games a year when you're on a 5 win team.

Alshon can do everything Tate does but he can also play line up outside and not be a mismatch and is a reliable redzone threat. Tate wishes he was 6'3 220. Guys like Jeffery make big money because they can line up anywhere on the field. Tate signed a 5yr/31m because that's what he's worth. He even had to go to one of the worst franchises in the NFL leaving the Super Bowl favorites to get that kind of money.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:

Isn't that a conveniently subjective opinion. How when does he disappear? In the 4th quarter? Or I thought he was gaining all his yards in garbage time.

Stick to one narrative when you're bashing a player and make sure the second bullshit reason you create doesn't directly dispute the first one.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Name me guys who don't a couple games a year when you're on a 5 win team.

Alshon can do everything Tate does but he can also play line up outside and not be a mismatch and is a reliable redzone threat.

No he can't. He is not as good as Tate after the catch, nor is he as good making catches in traffic or across the middle. He is not as sure handed (more drops), and does not rise to the occasion when the game is on the line. He is also not as durable as Tate. He is, and I will readily admit, a better red zone target.

Tate wishes he was 6'3 220.

Does he? I wouldn't have a clue.....

Guys like Jeffery make big money because they can line up anywhere on the field. Tate signed a 5yr/31m because that's what he's worth. He even had to go to one of the worst franchises in the NFL leaving the Super Bowl favorites to get that kind of money.

Lol, one of the worst franchises? Spare me the 35 year old glory years of the Bears and look at recent history. The Lions have swept the Bears the last two years, and in all likelihood will get swept again this year. As for Tate's contract, I will take a wait and see approach as it is hard to guess what Alshon's next contract will be for, a lot will hinge on his performance this year.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
The Lions have been one of the worst franchises in the NFL since the end of the 50s. But yes two years of success against some terrible Bears teams equals that out I suppose.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
No he can't. He is not as good as Tate after the catch, nor is he as good making catches in traffic or across the middle. He is not as sure handed (more drops), and does not rise to the occasion when the game is on the line. He is also not as durable as Tate. He is, and I will readily admit, a better red zone target.

Does he? I wouldn't have a clue.....

Lol, one of the worst franchises? Spare me the 35 year old glory years of the Bears and look at recent history. The Lions have swept the Bears the last two years, and in all likelihood will get swept again this year. As for Tate's contract, I will take a wait and see approach as it is hard to guess what Alshon's next contract will be for, a lot will hinge on his performance this year.

Wtffff is this guy smoking? Alshon is arguably THE BEST catcher in traffic in the NFL. Also, he was 15th in the NFL in YAC last season, and on top of that he's a better rusher on end arounds then Tate. Look at this fucking video and tell me Alshon doesn't shit on Tate's Catching in traffic ability. Shits on it. Shiiiiiiiiits

[video=youtube;zhLtrOhyohQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhLtrOhyohQ[/video]

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wtffff is this guy smoking? Alshon is arguably THE BEST catcher in traffic in the NFL. Also, he was 15th in the NFL in YAC last season, and on top of that he's a better rusher on end arounds then Tate. Look at this fucking video and tell me Alshon doesn't shit on Tate's Catching in traffic ability. Shits on it. Shiiiiiiiiits

[video=youtube;zhLtrOhyohQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhLtrOhyohQ[/video]

Tate was 1st in YAC last season you moron. Jefferey had 2 games under 30 yards, 4 under 40 yds and 5 under 50.
Conversely Tate had 0 games under 30, only one under 40, and 4 under 50.

Your highlight video does nothing to prove Alshon is better in traffic that Tate, and you have done nothing to refute the fact that Tate has a lower drop percentage, period.

Take a look at the splits:

Jeffery Receptions in games won:
30 receptions for 445 yds and 2 td's
and in loss's:
55 receptions for 668 yds and 8 TD's (but hey congrats on those 8 td's, lol)

Tate
in wins:
78 receptions for 957 yds and 3 td's
in loss's
21 receptions for 374 yds and 1 td

Tate almost has more yards in the Lions 11 wins than Jeffery has for the entire F*ing year for Christ's sake.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Tate was 1st in YAC last season you moron. Jefferey had 2 games under 30 yards, 4 under 40 yds and 5 under 50.
Conversely Tate had 0 games under 30, only one under 40, and 4 under 50.

Your highlight video does nothing to prove Alshon is better in traffic that Tate, and you have done nothing to refute the fact that Tate has a lower drop percentage, period.

Take a look at the splits:

Jeffery Receptions in game won:
30 receptions for 445 yds and 2 td's
and in loss's:
55 receptions for 668 yds and 8 TD's (but hey congrats on those 8 td's, lol)

Tate
in wins:
78 receptions for 957 yds and 3 td's
in loss's
21 receptions for 374 yds and 1 td

Tate almost has more yards in the Lions 11 wins than Jeffery has for the entire F*ing year for Christ's sake.

Weird, Alshon has more yards in games lost when we lost more games then we won. SHOCKING.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Solid post. Those are the best clutch qbs of all-time pretty much. They have also done great vs amazing defenses. Brady torched Seattle's best secondary while Rodgers got pretty much embarassed by Seattle....twice. Not even close. Rodgers' play vs top 10 d defenses last year.....get ready for it....2 wins and 4 losses. Got humiliated vs Seattle twice...beat down by Detroit...and beat handily by the Orton-led Bills. Brady on the other hand did awesome. Sorry Rodgers' homers....these are the cold hard facts. He doesn't do that well vs great defenses. Brady and Montana on the other hand do great and have the clutch and rings to show for it.

Insert Rodgers excuses below and be sure to skirt those facts.....ready...go

I'm not quite as extreme on negative views on Rodgers. I think he's a great QB, but he does have his limitations. But in my opinion a lot of that has to do with his team as a whole. They ride his coattails while the rest of the team is really not that good.

Also, lol @ anyone who thinks Golden Tate is a better WR than Alshon Jeffery.