Amare Stoudemire on Waddle and Silvy Recap

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
# The eye feels great, and he is feeling phenomenal as a whole.
# He is going to be 100 percent for next season for sure. He is going to wear gogglles, because he never knows when he will be poked in the eye.
# He will get a Bulls logo on the side of his goggles if he is a Chicago Bull.
# He loves Vinny Del Negro.
# It all depends on what the Suns want to do. If they want to win a championship, he will probably be a Sun. He is down for any team that wants to win a title. It’s time for him to win a title.
# Derrick Rose went to Memphis, and he was going to go to Memphis if he wasn’t the 9th pick in the draft, so they have the Memphis connection. He thinks that Rose is a phenomenal point guard and has a bright future ahead of him. Rose just needs a few guys around that are going to raise his game and also to help him win a championship.

More at the link.

http://dabullz.com/2009/05/30/amare-stoudemire-on-waddle-and-silvy-may-30th-2009/

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Thanks for wrapping it up. There's some more interesting stuff at the link, so I'd advise others to click it. In fact, to me the most interesting thing in there was at the link.

step

Liked Posts:
He is down for any team that wants to win a title. It’s time for him to win a title.
I know arrogance comes with the territory, but how he spoke of his individual records and that how he has them it's time for a title. Please.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Thanks for wrapping it up. There's some more interesting stuff at the link, so I'd advise others to click it. In fact, to me the most interesting thing in there was at the link.
The open to signing an extension part and the knee part both are positive.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I like his attitude. Presumably we'd have Rose and Gordon at the very least still on the team when acquiring him. Those are two nice guys on the court (although Gordon started breaking out more taunts in the playoffs). So some edge by Stoudemire could toughen this team up a bit. Not to mention the guy has been statistically the best scorer in the NBA over the past 5 years or so, posting over a 60 TS% for that span of time.

I like what Stoudemire is doing. He's doing whatever he can to get the Suns to trade him. He couldn't really do this back at the trade deadline, because that would have fissured the chemistry on their team.

I'd imagine we're the favorites to get him. The Wizards don't really have the assets to bring him in (since Suns won't want one of their stars, and they lack other young prospects, other than the fifth pick). New York isn't in the running for a trade. I don't see Miami getting him, because I think they aren't going to make Beasley available, and rather just go and try to pick up Bosh through free agency (or Yao, or Dirk, or Lebron, or Joe Johnson, etc....)

Kerr and Sarver still need to make the decision to trade him though. If Stoudemire keeps it up, I think he will drive them to the point where they feel they have no choice, but to trade him.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
the 50/50 chance?

illiniPJ3

Liked Posts:
how does Stoudamire compare defensively to what we have now? (Tyrus) Obviously he doesn't block as many shots and fouls too much, but how much of a liability is his overall defense?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
he has the ability to play defense. he just needs to be persuaded. noah is a defensive center. it balances things a little. if we pick up a defensive pg/sg, a better coaching system, and a defensive pf/sm. we might be able to have a formidable team on defense.

if Stoudemire, gordon or rose is cold/weneeddefense put in a defensive player for a few minutes.

also we could go to a lineup of rose salmons noah and miller. we're a versatile ball club. huzzah!

just look at the nuggets. some of their starters stink at defense. they brought in both, a few role players as well as a system that changed their team.

my biggest concern would be could amare jell well with the team. it would stink to have a star that tries to tear the team apart.

err. we might still have deng. amare stinks at rebounding, but deng might be able to help out on rebounding/playing defense.