An all-22 look at Fields' explosive plays against the Lions

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
What’s the point of having both receivers basically going to the same spot?

I noticed that on the replay. It just brings more defenders to the area, no?
Not really the same spot. THey are running towards the same area, but in a zone defense it breaks the zone as it forces them to focus on two receivers in the same zone, and only one player can cover that zone. IT forces the safety to not cover AROB over the top as closely.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Really good all-22 review on The Athletic from Kevin Fishbain right now. It's pretty lengthy, and it's well worth it.

If you don't already subscribe to The Athletic, they have discounts all the time, and the cost is pretty minimal for all the good content you get.
Agree with this. They have great content and no ads. I just recently subscribed and so far pretty good stuff .

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just watching Fields performance last Sunday throwing past 10 yards told me that he needed to start the rest of the season.

How in the world Nagy had even the remotest of possibilities in moving Dalton back to number 1 was truly disturbing to me. This only showed to me that he was concerned about a 9 sack performance and felt that Andy could get that ball out faster. Any other reasoning lacked obvious eyesight for how well Fields threw the ball past 10 yards.

Ultimately Lazor probably showed him how they could better combat a 5 and 6 man rush with different blocking and 'come hither' plays to take advantage of such rushes by the D