Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the fucking fuck @ that pure gold comment underneath my troll :lmao:

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I am with Roobs. Stanton would be a beast at Wrigley. If dreams could come true....

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
This Leal guy had a NEGATIVE 1.21 FIP if I calculated it right (((1 HR * 13)+((11 BB + 3 HBP - 0 IBB)*3)-(70 K*2))/70 IP) :cum:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This Leal guy - his sabre's are pretty good, albeit against nobodies, correct?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
DSL stats mean nothing. They are both guys with some upside. Castillo from what little I've seen is probably the higher upside arm capable of hitting 90 now and should grow into a mid 90s fastball plus an advanced changeup. Basically the Cubs got two lottery tickets for a guy that had no spot on this team anymore.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
DSL stats mean nothing. They are both guys with some upside. Castillo from what little I've seen is probably the higher upside arm capable of hitting 90 now and should grow into a mid 90s fastball plus an advanced changeup. Basically the Cubs got two lottery tickets for a guy that had no spot on this team anymore.

Scouting means more than numbers at that age and level. A lot more.

Sent from MR Phone

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Cubs announce today that they have traded outfielder Tony Campana to the Arizona Diamondbacks for two 17-year old pitchers Erick Leal and Jesus Castillo. Both pitchers are from the Dominican Republic. Campana was designated for assignment on February 10th to make room for outfielder Scott Hairston on the 40-man roster.

Leal went 6-2 with a 2.44 ERA and a 0.99 WHIP in 14 appearances (12 starts). In 70 innings Leal, struck out 70 batters and only walked 12. That's a great strikeout to walk ratio. Jed Hoyer said Leal will likely start the year in the minors.
Castillo was 2-4 with a 5.40 ERA and a 1.57 WHIP in 14 appearances (8 starts). In 46.2 innings, Castillo struck out 41 and walked 17.
Both pitchers stats don't look bad, especially Leal but they also didn't face great competition. Baseball players don't really face great players at 17.

We don't know how these pitchers will perform in the minors because their so young, but the Cubs hope for them to be major league pitchers down the road.

The Cubs were lucky to get anything for Campana and I think it's a great trade for the Cubs. The Cubs were going to lose Campana anyways, so they make a trade instead for high/risk upside pitchers.

Campana was a fan favorite, but he didn't offer anything to the Cubs. Yes, he has speed but why does that matter if you can't get on base or bunt? It doesn't. I like the trade and I wish Campana the best of luck with his new team!

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/02/18/chicago-cubs-trade-tony-campana-to-arizona/

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scouting means more than numbers at that age and level. A lot more.

Sent from MR Phone

Numbers below full season ball are almost entirely meaningless, and really you don't start paying too much attention until AA. Scouting on these guys looks good. Neither is a big time prospect, but they are guys that could develop into huge prospects or flame out before making it stateside.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
uncaptioned-aWuGb-50cce4dbd6d6c.gif

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
campanamoving_medium.gif

[video=youtube;nSz16ngdsG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0[/video]