An Ode to Campana: Traded to D'Backs for Two Pitchers

Kleats

Liked Posts:
Like Paul Noce . What ever happened to Paul Noce .

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The list is long for bad players who fans fell in love with.

Oh yeah I know.. but how can you say this is a bad trade and the Cubs made a mistake? You can't especially when you got 2 high-risk 17-year old pitchers for a guy who can't hit/get on base or bunt and a 26th+ man.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Oh yeah I know.. but how can you say this is a bad trade and the Cubs made a mistake? You can't especially when you got 2 high-risk 17-year old pitchers for a guy who can't hit/get on base or bunt and a 26th+ man.

It is frustrating isn't it?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
@FacebookCubs easily the funniest thing on twitter

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Gee what a surprise a pro athlete has fans. Why would you let that bother you?

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Gee what a surprise a pro athlete has fans. Why would you let that bother you?

What in the world!!! Best base runner gone??? That kid made it happen when they needed it

Stupid cubs. Campana fastest in the league and u get rid of him. Let me guess Barney next. Keep ur great young talent. Lose the hasbeens

i hate the ricketts, spending cash on hotels when it could be used to get players so we could keep guys like campagana

Whyyyyyyyy campana will lead the mlb in steals wothin the next five years

all via https://twitter.com/FacebookCubs

That's the short answer.

Long answer is this, the Campana love is a symptom of a much larger problem. Chicago is largely baseball stupid. In fact, Chicago is pretty much sports stupid. I get that fans will not be well informed all the time but Cubs fans, for whatever reason, don't even try to appear smart. Campana sucks at baseball, the love he got was extremely disproportionate to his talent level. That manifests itself in several ways.

As a fan it upsets me that the stereotype of the dumb Cubs fan is true. We are a dumbass fanbase by and large. There are individual segments of competence within the Cubs fanbase, but the vast, vast majority are people that get upset that Tony Campana was traded. They are the people that comp Campana to Maddux (Cubs always get rid of their good players, like Campana, Maddux) or Campana to Lou Brock.

So yeah, I would love to think that the Cubs fan base is smarter than this, but it sadly is not. I love the Cubs (for some strange reason), but I hate Cubbie Culture.

It should upset us when the stupid come out to play.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well I mean Packer fans wanted to trade Rodgers for a second round pick. People on Facebook are the lowest common denominator of fans. I don't understand getting riled up over people's stupidity.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Well I mean Packer fans wanted to trade Rodgers for a second round pick. People on Facebook are the lowest common denominator of fans. I don't understand getting riled up over people's stupidity.

Maybe it's that simple. It probably is that.

I suppose my proximity to Chicago fans makes me feel like we are the dumbest in the nation, but maybe we are all on equal footing.

Sent from MR Phone

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
MRubio52 this is not only directed towards you.

crying+baby.jpg

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Put simply, on this forum I've been called an idiot, a ***, a dumbass, a waste of time, been told I have a gay boy lisp, and been told I have #TehBias.

If the crying child net is meant to include me you'll have to try harder to offend me.

My kryptonite is well written posts that have a lot of thought behind them.

Those get me every time.

Sent from MR Phone

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
all via https://twitter.com/FacebookCubs

That's the short answer.

Long answer is this, the Campana love is a symptom of a much larger problem. Chicago is largely baseball stupid. In fact, Chicago is pretty much sports stupid. I get that fans will not be well informed all the time but Cubs fans, for whatever reason, don't even try to appear smart. Campana sucks at baseball, the love he got was extremely disproportionate to his talent level. That manifests itself in several ways.

As a fan it upsets me that the stereotype of the dumb Cubs fan is true. We are a dumbass fanbase by and large. There are individual segments of competence within the Cubs fanbase, but the vast, vast majority are people that get upset that Tony Campana was traded. They are the people that comp Campana to Maddux (Cubs always get rid of their good players, like Campana, Maddux) or Campana to Lou Brock.

So yeah, I would love to think that the Cubs fan base is smarter than this, but it sadly is not. I love the Cubs (for some strange reason), but I hate Cubbie Culture.

It should upset us when the stupid come out to play.

My post was not specifically directed towards you, it was towards anyone who would actually let it bother them that he has fans.

Anyways, can you tell me about your MLB career? :)

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
My post was not specifically directed towards you, it was towards anyone who would actually let it bother them that he has fans.

Anyways, can you tell me about your MLB career? :)

I'm confused as to where I claimed to have one.

Sent from MR Phone

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Put simply, on this forum I've been called an idiot, a ***, a dumbass, a waste of time, been told I have a gay boy lisp, and been told I have #TehBias.

If the crying child net is meant to include me you'll have to try harder to offend me.

My kryptonite is well written posts that have a lot of thought behind them.

Those get me every time.

Sent from MR Phone

Wasn't trying to offend you.