analytics-experts-have-big-concerns-with-bears-pass-protection

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Easy Barney...Dont go and do anything drastic
What is considered drastic to a 70 year old poster who faked his death online for sympathy points and then returned 3 months later to tell people to kill themselves because of football opinions? Let me know, thanks.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is considered drastic to a 70 year old poster who faked his death online for sympathy points and then returned 3 months later to tell people to kill themselves because of football opinions? Let me know, thanks.
You sound on the edge Barney. I'm worried about your emotional health.
Especially after your boss took your parking ticket book away

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So someone puts out a logical article and because the Bears fans don't like the conclusion they personally attack the author?

When did this place turn into the Eagles message board?
Actually they are railing on Lambert mostly for his past. His articles and insight have had a tendency to be dubious at best. He is posted "rumors" that are basically nonsense to try and get followers and attention.

The article he posted didn't give me anymore insight that I could have gotten from just watching and understanding the Bears myself.

Lambert doesn't really provide me with anything interesting. I don't have a problem with him trying to make a buck as a sports journo but he has no value for me.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
For the 2021 season the new pieces don't see better than the old pieces. That is an area of concern.
So the new pieces being Daniels moving from LG to RG, is this some drastic move? He was the highest rated lineman the Bears had at the time of his injury. How is getting him back a concern? Jenkins playing LT might be a concern, but we don't know this until we see him line up in pads and actually play. It is not like moving a college OT from one side to the other has not been done before at the pro level with some success. Hell the Browns did it last year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The big concerns have to be the tackle position. The Bears were subpar at best and bad at times last year. There is no guarantee they will be better. The left tackle position has to be a major concern.

It could very well turn out to be an absolute disaster and totally sink this teams shot at an offense.

There is just no way to know how this is going to turn out. The Bears are basically rolling the dice that a draft choice is going to handle the most important position on this line at this point.
True but we already had shit at T last year so I doubt it will be worse. Not much of an endorsement but Ifedi is functional and you can at least help one T (TJ) if needed. As bad as the edges were last year, we were worse inside. Ifedi looked horribly out of position and Bars, while giving high effort, struggled. Whitehair Ifedi and Daniels are finally in their best spots after swapping around too much last year. A lot hinges on Mustipher keeping up and the propaganda is promising. I'd be more worried if his center skills were lacking but it was more about getting stronger and use to the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually they are railing on Lambert mostly for his past. His articles and insight have had a tendency to be dubious at best. He is posted "rumors" that are basically nonsense to try and get followers and attention.

The article he posted didn't give me anymore insight that I could have gotten from just watching and understanding the Bears myself.

Lambert doesn't really provide me with anything interesting. I don't have a problem with him trying to make a buck as a sports journo but he has no value for me.
His plagiarism sometimes offends me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
True but we already had shit at T last year so I doubt it will be worse. Not much of an endorsement but Ifedi is functional and you can at least help one T (TJ) if needed. As bad as the edges were last year, we were worse inside. Ifedi looked horribly out of position and Bars, while giving high effort, struggled. Whitehair Ifedi and Daniels are finally in their best spots after swapping around too much last year. A lot hinges on Mustipher keeping up and the propaganda is promising. I'd be more worried if his center skills were lacking but it was more about getting stronger and use to the NFL.
I can't say for sure if it will be worse or not. Draft choices can bust. It happens a lot.

Hell, the guy could turn out to be an all-pro.

Something had to be done on the oline and I am not advocating not changing, just that it is a crap shoot at this point.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't say for sure if it will be worse or not. Draft choices can bust. It happens a lot.

Hell, the guy could turn out to be an all-pro.

Something had to be done on the oline and I am not advocating not changing, just that it is a crap shoot at this point.
No argument there. Same with Fields. Buddy Ryan's best line was, "Potential means you aint done jack yet."