Andre Johnson Fight

supraman

Liked Posts:
Did anyone see this Sunday? I did and it looks like the Titans guy got what he deserved. All the football bloggers are saying Johnson should have been suspended. Maybe because I'm a hockey fan first I don't see the reasoning for the suspension. The titans got started it, Johnson finished it. If anyone needs to take a sunday off it is the Titans player since he instigated the incident.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cortland Finnegan is awesome.... the NFL needs more villains like him. He is just like Sean Avery.... he made one of the Texan's best players take the bait and get ejected. That's what effective agitators do. I love the asshole clapping too after he got clubbed.... what a prick.

Everyone cries about the pussification of the NFL and then gets all up in arms about this... it adds excitement and drama to the game.

R K

Not really. No matter the situation throwing PUNCHES in the NFL is and has always been frowned upon. Unlike the NHL that is NOT part of the NFL game. Period.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really. No matter the situation throwing PUNCHES in the NFL is and has always been frowned upon. Unlike the NHL that is NOT part of the NFL game. Period.

I'm buying what you're selling... it's never been allowed in baseball either but everyone loves to see a batter rush the mound on occasion.

Fighting has ZERO place in any sport other than hockey/lacrosse.... but I don't mind seeing it if it happens.

Now... if the league doesn't do enough to punish those players and it starts happening more often, that's where lies the problem. Possibly only fining Finnegan and Johnson was a mistake by the NFL.

R K

Agree on both counts. Both with it not being part of most professional sports, plus the fact they need to fine/suspend all those involved to curb from future incidents. That being said there is not a huge problem. Remember AJ and Barrett going at it. They were both suspended, along with several others and coaches.

The NFL is usually pretty good with incidents like these.

sth

Liked Posts:
Finnegan did a nice job of blocking Johnson's punches with his face.

Finnegan is lucky they stopped it. Johnson has about 40 pounds and 3 inches on him he would have beat the bejesus out of him.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I get that it is frowned upon, what I can't understand is all these bloggers saying Johnson defending himself and then in turn winning the fight is "classless". I applaud him for defending himself, winning, and then handling it like a man in the press conferences. From what I can gather Johnson is a class act in the NFL. So I just dont get the criticism for defending himself.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone else see this, then look at the Scott/Westgarth fight, and think, "Amateurs."?

Color me unimpresed except for the fact that this rarely happens in the NFL.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Cortland Finnegan is awesome.... the NFL needs more villains like him. He is just like Sean Avery.... he made one of the Texan's best players take the bait and get ejected. That's what effective agitators do. I love the asshole clapping too after he got clubbed.... what a prick.

Everyone cries about the pussification of the NFL and then gets all up in arms about this... it adds excitement and drama to the game.

You are an idiot. Cortland is a little bitch. The game was basically over. He had been beat by Johnson all day, and was talking shit. BUT Johnson didn't take any bait, if you actually paid attention you'd know that it was Johnson that instigated it the previous play, blasting him again during a blocking assignment and jawing afterward. Then for some reason, the very next play Cortland decides to go straight to the head and pays the price for it.

As mentioned Johnson could have destroyed this guy for life, and got in a pretty good punch or two. What actually impressed me most about the whole situation was Johnson in the locker room afterward saying all the right things. He condemned his actions and took responsibility for it like a man, something you never see in the NFL. I would imagine his words and his past history are the reason that neither of them got a suspension because if he didn't and Cortland did that would be some bullshit.

And no, it adds nothing to the game. You are just quick to jump on the bandwagon of anything violent.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
You are an idiot. Cortland is a little bitch. The game was basically over. He had been beat by Johnson all day, and was talking shit. BUT Johnson didn't take any bait, if you actually paid attention you'd know that it was Johnson that instigated it the previous play, blasting him again during a blocking assignment and jawing afterward. Then for some reason, the very next play Cortland decides to go straight to the head and pays the price for it.

As mentioned Johnson could have destroyed this guy for life, and got in a pretty good punch or two. What actually impressed me most about the whole situation was Johnson in the locker room afterward saying all the right things. He condemned his actions and took responsibility for it like a man, something you never see in the NFL. I would imagine his words and his past history are the reason that neither of them got a suspension because if he didn't and Cortland did that would be some bullshit.

And no, it adds nothing to the game. You are just quick to jump on the bandwagon of anything violent.

No u

Pretty true

supraman

Liked Posts:
Also why does teh league need more villains, they still have Favre this season for the ultimate villain.

nana

Liked Posts:
Anyone else see this, then look at the Scott/Westgarth fight, and think, "Amateurs."?

Color me unimpresed except for the fact that this rarely happens in the NFL.

It looked silly and out of place!

Scott/Westgarth was, in a word, awesome.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
It looked silly and out of place!

Scott/Westgarth was, in a word, awesome.

I agree... but I think Johnson could have made it MUCH worse than it was... that's a big dude and he threw some mean punches.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The Lead Up to the Fight. NSFW

It's a Deadspin link, but there is an article picture that is NSFW on the side, so I would view it with discretion.

Anyhow, if you watch Finnegan was getting his hands into Johnson's face that game before hand. A.J. told a ref to watch for it, but they didn't do anything about it.

It could have been prevented by the refs, but instead they let it end up the way it did.