Andrew Cashner Should Be Starting

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I try harder when I'm pissed off actually, we don't know that he won't try. If he doesn't try, he would be committing indifferent playing, which is still in the grounds of contract voiding, even though it hasn't been exercised for ages. The voiding won't happen, but just saying.

Stop. You can not tell me that a guy who think he is entitled to a starting spot, will try harder when he is demoted to BP. No.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Stop. You can not tell me that a guy who think he is entitled to a starting spot, will try harder when he is demoted to BP. No.

Never said he'd try harder. But it doesn't mean he "won't try" like you claim.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Why would he try?! He wants to start. He's going to get paid either way. How do you not get this? *sigh*

Because he's never going to get a starting job anywhere if he doesn't try. That's like saying that, once they were eliminated, the Cubs didn't try because they wanted to be in the playoffs, not eliminated, and they weren't, so they didn't try because they'd get paid anyway.

This is major league sports, not Little League.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he's never going to get a starting job anywhere if he doesn't try. That's like saying that, once they were eliminated, the Cubs didn't try because they wanted to be in the playoffs, not eliminated, and they weren't, so they didn't try because they'd get paid anyway.

This is major league sports, not Little League.

He's getting paid either way.

No, it's not like saying that a whole team didn't try. It's one player.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would he try?! He wants to start. He's going to get paid either way. How do you not get this? *sigh*

He's getting paid either way.

No, it's not like saying that a whole team didn't try. It's one player.

So by this logic then, because he's already getting paid, he won't try whether he's in the pen or has a starting rotation spot.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, he will try if he is happy. That's the whole point.

I think the 6 million dollars we're paying him should make him happy enough to pitch wherever he's asked to pitch. I'm pretty sure Silva isn't going to act like an 8 year old who only wants a toy because some other kid has it.

Yes, in this metaphor, the toy is a starting rotation spot and the other kid is Cashner. Haha, :shifty:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the 6 million dollars we're paying him should make him happy enough to pitch wherever he's asked to pitch. I'm pretty sure Silva isn't going to act like an 8 year old who only wants a toy because some other kid has it.

Yes, in this metaphor, the toy is a starting rotation spot and the other kid is Cashner. Haha, :shifty:

I disagree. He's making 11.5 million, btw. But what is more than likely going through his head is that he has proven himself over these years and if they are going to give some kid who has started 3 games above AA the job over him, he thinks that is bullshit. In a way it is. However, I think so for different reasons than he. We need to get rid of that contract. Plain and simple. Cashner can still mature quite a bit in AAA & it's not like the MLB team needs him or anything. I just see it as a waste of money by keeping Silva out of the rotation.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. He's making 11.5 million, btw. But what is more than likely going through his head is that he has proven himself over these years and if they are going to give some kid who has started 3 games above AA the job over him, he thinks that is bullshit. In a way it is. However, I think so for different reasons than he. We need to get rid of that contract. Plain and simple. Cashner can still mature quite a bit in AAA & it's not like the MLB team needs him or anything. I just see it as a waste of money by keeping Silva out of the rotation.

Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yeah, Silva had a great start to the year last year. Then he got hurt and it was pretty much all down hill from there. Whereas we have a young, healthy potential starter and who will probably be the future of the roster, in Cashner.

And I don't think it's bullshit at all if Silva gets beat for a rotation spot. Even the guys who "don't" have to earn a rotation spot have earned it (well, minus Garza, he's had a rough spring so far...), and so far Wells has proven he deserves the 4 spot. And this is coming from a guy WHO HATES RANDY WELLS MORE THAN BUEHRLE.

And honestly, if Silva bitches and moans about a kid getting a roster spot over him, well that's his own fault. Maybe if the tub of lard worked a little harder on his control and not beating Hendry in this years hot dog eating contest, he'd have a valid argument.