Andy Dalton will be the best QB the Chicago Bears ever had...

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Possibly so. I still don't think AD has ever had much of a chance to shine. Being QB for the Bengals is a perpetual uphill climb, and last year, between a 2nd-3rd team OL, Covid, a concussion, no training camp, etc., Dalton made chicken salad out of chicken shit.

This is a pretty good article on the topic. If you extrapolate Dalton's year the last two seasons to 16 games, he has a season the likes of which the Bears have ever seen.

Getting to Know Bears QB Andy Dalton

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Doubt it. Maybe a few years ago. We’ll see, but this isn’t 2013 Andy Dalton, or even 2016 Andy Dalton.

34-year old 2021 Andy Dalton will probably be worse than Cutler. ESPN 1000 was reading off his stats over the last 5 years the other day. He was either last or very close to last on just about everything. At least Cutler statistically was usually middle-of-the-pack until the end.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Possibly so. I still don't think AD has ever had much of a chance to shine. Being QB for the Bengals is a perpetual uphill climb, and last year, between a 2nd-3rd team OL, Covid, a concussion, no training camp, etc., Dalton made chicken salad out of chicken shit.

This is a pretty good article on the topic. If you extrapolate Dalton's year the last two seasons to 16 games, he has a season the likes of which the Bears have ever seen.

Getting to Know Bears QB Andy Dalton

Trying to analyze the most positive spin on it, I would say that his last 7 games after covid/concussion would be the most pertinent as he finally was able to get consistent reps as Dak got them all before his first go around.

Now, take Dalton’s seven starts after returning from the Reserve/COVID-19 list and do the same: 375/567, 3,927 yards, 30 TD, 11 INT, 95.1 rating.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is why we never compare the accomplishments of Bears QBs to Bears QBs of seasons past. Compare these players to their modern day peers and evaluate them from there.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't Bears fans take 375/567, 3,927 yards, 30 TD's, 11 INT's, and a 95.1 rating, all day every day? Wouldn't that be like the best any Bears QB has done in forever?

Those are very strong NFL QB numbers.....

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Doubt it. Maybe a few years ago. We’ll see, but this isn’t 2013 Andy Dalton, or even 2016 Andy Dalton.

34-year old 2021 Andy Dalton will probably be worse than Cutler. ESPN 1000 was reading off his stats over the last 5 years the other day. He was either last or very close to last on just about everything. At least Cutler statistically was usually middle-of-the-pack until the end.
It will be a disaster because the Bears still don't realize that having the worst pair of offensive tackles in the leagues make it irrelevant which journeyman quarterback they desperately bring in to have the best year of his career. Mike Glennon, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles...they think they'll catch lightning in a bottle but can't understand that its fated to failure when they continue to stubbornly insist Charles Leno Jr. needs to be the day-one starter every season.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Trying to analyze the most positive spin on it, I would say that his last 7 games after covid/concussion would be the most pertinent as he finally was able to get consistent reps as Dak got them all before his first go around.

Now, take Dalton’s seven starts after returning from the Reserve/COVID-19 list and do the same: 375/567, 3,927 yards, 30 TD, 11 INT, 95.1 rating.

Not too different than Trubisky. And the Bears don't have the receiving corp of CD Lamb, Amari Cooper, and Michael Gallup.

If you take Trubiskys last 7 games coming back from being benched including his playoff game gainst the Saints, Here are his numbers extrapolated over a full 16 game season.

381/548, 69.5% 3,872 yards, 25 TDs, 11 INT, 97.6 rating.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is why we never compare the accomplishments of Bears QBs to Bears QBs of seasons past. Compare these players to their modern day peers and evaluate them from there.

Other organizations don't need to do that because they've had average to good quarterback play.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wouldn't Bears fans take 375/567, 3,927 yards, 30 TD's, 11 INT's, and a 95.1 rating, all day every day? Wouldn't that be like the best any Bears QB has done in forever?

Those are very strong NFL QB numbers.....

Yup.

Bears fans don't want that though. They want to live in the past and debate who sucked less, Grossman or Orton.

Just wait until Dalton has an average year at quarterback and these freaks will go from saying he sucks to making him king of the city for life...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Yup.

Bears fans don't want that though. They want to live in the past and debate who sucked less, Grossman or Orton.

Just wait until Dalton has an average year at quarterback and these freaks will go from saying he sucks to making him king of the city for life...
Personally the Orton-ites made some good points, but the Grossman-a-holics loved that long ball.

I think if that debate was property started again we'd finally be able to get to the bottom and determine who's the real 'winner'.....

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not too different than Trubisky. And the Bears don't have the receiving corp of CD Lamb, Amari Cooper, and Michael Gallup.

If you take Trubiskys last 7 games coming back from being benched including his playoff game gainst the Saints, Here are his numbers extrapolated over a full 16 game season.

381/548, 69.5% 3,872 yards, 25 TDs, 11 INT, 97.6 rating.

Ok smart ass. Except the defenses Dalton went against were ranked 29, 4, 2, ,22, 17, 20, and 9.

Mitch the bitch did it against 13, 32, 27, 29, 31, 13, and 5.

Mitch faced 4 of the worst 6 defenses in the league to pad his numbers.

Dalton's numbers came against only one such team, and the rest were middle of the pack or better.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Personally the Orton-ites made some good points, but the Grossman-a-holics loved that long ball.

I think if that debate was property started again we'd finally be able to get to the bottom and determine who's the real 'winner'.....

You just want to start another meatball fight lol

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Ok smart ass. Except the defenses Dalton went against were ranked 29, 4, 2, ,22, 17, 20, and 9.

Mitch the bitch did it against 13, 32, 27, 29, 31, 13, and 5.

Mitch faced 4 of the worst 6 defenses in the league to pad his numbers.

Dalton's numbers came against only one such team, and the rest were middle of the pack or better.

Look, there is a reason why Dallas decided to give Prescott 40 mil a year coming off a season ending injury after just offering him 30 mil the season prior.

Its because they saw how inept their team was without him. Dalton never gave them much of a chance. He was always playing from behind. If you want to talk about padding numbers look at Dalton. He's the type to throw a 3 yard pass on 3rd and long, down multiple scores in the 4th quarter.

He had the best receiver group in the league. One of the best runningbacks in the league. He did have an injured LT. But with that many skill players just dump it off and let them do all the work.

And your right, Dalton's stats were all against one such team, and that was his game against the Eagles where he threw 377 yards. His numbers are skewed because of that.

Plus, the Bears were far more balanced with Trubisky at the helm. The offense played better as a whole. If I compare one offense to the other it wouldn't be close.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Look, there is a reason why Dallas decided to give Prescott 40 mil a year coming off a season ending injury after just offering him 30 mil the season prior.

Its because they saw how inept their team was without him. Dalton never gave them much of a chance. He was always playing from behind. If you want to talk about padding numbers look at Dalton. He's the type to throw a 3 yard pass on 3rd and long, down multiple scores in the 4th quarter.

He had the best receiver group in the league. One of the best runningbacks in the league. He did have an injured LT. But with that many skill players just dump it off and let them do all the work.

And your right, Dalton's stats were all against one such team, and that was his game against the Eagles where he threw 377 yards. His numbers are skewed because of that.

Plus, the Bears were far more balanced with Trubisky at the helm. The offense played better as a whole. If I compare one offense to the other it wouldn't be close.

Excuses dude.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yup.

Dalton isn’t having an average year with Matt Nagy at the helm. My guess is he will have his worst year as a pro.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He’s the most prolific passer the Bears have ever had in its history.

He career stats would lead every major QB stat in Bears history.

God this franchise is pathetic!

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dalton isn’t having an average year with Matt Nagy at the helm. My guess is he will have his worst year as a pro.
I assure you that Dalton will not have a worse year just because you are emo on Nagy.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I assure you that Dalton will not have a worse year just because you are emo on Nagy.

I’m a realist with Nagy. Maybe it won’t be his worst year, but it will be one of them. Not to mention, Dalton has been pretty consistently a bottom 20 QB the past few season.