Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've wondered this too. Is he managing Trubisky the wrong way? Part of "be you" for Trubisky is to make plays on his feet and he was scared too in 2019. When he did, his stats improved.
100% agree. He is the anti John Harbaugh. Rather than tailor the offense to highlight Trubisky's strengths and make him comfortable, he tried to force him to become what Nagy envisions as a QB, despite the fact that Mitch isn't ready for or maybe never capable of that version. It is more "Be what I wanted to "instead of "Be You"

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the blocking doesnt improve and the run game struggles, he will have stats around his career average, sans his fluke 2013 season, which is a career 81.1 rating. His best stretches are when he has a dominant offensive line in front of him. It wont take long for fans to realize that the QB situation will still hold this team back from contending.
Well ya but that actually points to things around the QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well ya but that actually points to things around the QB.

Not exactly. Do QB's have worse stats with an underwhelming cast around them? Most certainly do.
Elite ones as well but nowhere near as much.
With this supporting cast, which is still below average on offense, its very likely we are looking at another season of really poor QB play with an immobile QB.
WR position is slightly above average but the backfield & TE positions are below average. And of course the OL will still be a major issue. He will likely be around a passer rating in the low 80's, which is where Trubisky ended up last year as well. So basically Pace gave up a 4th round pick to get the same production along with a lot more money.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get it but I also wouldn't call the WR group slightly above average. AR is definitely a big asset but the rest are nobodies right now. Below average in my book until proven otherwise. Our current 5'11" #2 just started running correct routes, leaves his feet and double catches 1/2 his passes. Our #3 is, I'm not even sure. There's potential in the ranks but potential just means you ain't done jack yet.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Big Dick Nick has played in 13 games in 4 seasons.

So he has a large wiener but can he stay healthy enough?

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
If the blocking doesnt improve and the run game struggles, he will have stats around his career average, sans his fluke 2013 season, which is a career 81.1 rating. His best stretches are when he has a dominant offensive line in front of him. It wont take long for fans to realize that the QB situation will still hold this team back from contending.
You are in all probability correct, but we have two more seasons before it explodes, and I am going to root like crazy for the Chicago Bears.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You are in all probability correct, but we have two more seasons before it explodes, and I am going to root like crazy for the Chicago Bears.

How crazy?