1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Played for the Chicago Fire Premier from 2007-2008, LA Galaxy from 2010-2013, Stabaek in 2014 and now us beginning in 2015.

Midfielder, product of IMG and UCLA as well, played with the USMNT U20 and U23 sides. 94 apps in his four Galaxy seasons, 2 goals.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least we are making moves. A forward, a midfielder, and a defender. Nice that he originated within the Fire club and is native to Illinois. That's kinda cool.

Not any big signings that you would hope for from a city like Chicago but I'm interested to see the team we field next year. With the MLS playoffs expanding they are pretty much letting anyone in lol so who knows.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
At least we are making moves. A forward, a midfielder, and a defender. Nice that he originated within the Fire club and is native to Illinois. That's kinda cool.

Not any big signings that you would hope for from a city like Chicago but I'm interested to see the team we field next year. With the MLS playoffs expanding they are pretty much letting anyone in lol so who knows.

And more DP slots and a higher salary cap

firefan2001

Liked Posts:

No BIG signing, because we are owned by a CHEAPASS!!!!!!!!

His definition of a BIG signing is players like Anangono (seven figure transfer fee player) even thou it was paid for with MLS's funny money (allocation money).

We will NEVER see that so called "Keane money" player that Dollar Menu said he is willing to sign (all you have to do is find him and I'll make out the check). It's been six transfer windows since he said that, I guess it's just "HARD" or just "NONSENSE".......

League needs to do something about this, either force him to start spending or just pull a Chivas USA and take over.....

#HauptmanOut

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/year-in-review/2014/chicago-fire

On MLSSoccer.com reviews of 2014 teams, they list some offseason needs for the Fire:

"1. A Star Name: First and foremost, the Fire need a DP to really excite the Toyota Park faithful. After losing out on Jones, and with that money reportedly available to spend, it seems unlikely that the Fire will enter into the 2015 season without a marquee signing. They’ve already acquired Nigerian striker and DP Kennedy Igboananike, which is a great start, but after years of disappointment and envious glances at their DP-laden rivals, surely 2015 is the year the Fire bring another Blanco, Nowak or Stoichkov to Chicago."

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/year-in-review/2014/chicago-fire

On MLSSoccer.com reviews of 2014 teams, they list some offseason needs for the Fire:

"1. A Star Name: First and foremost, the Fire need a DP to really excite the Toyota Park faithful. After losing out on Jones, and with that money reportedly available to spend, it seems unlikely that the Fire will enter into the 2015 season without a marquee signing. They’ve already acquired Nigerian striker and DP Kennedy Igboananike, which is a great start, but after years of disappointment and envious glances at their DP-laden rivals, surely 2015 is the year the Fire bring another Blanco, Nowak or Stoichkov to Chicago."
Not going to happen as long we our owned by Andrew "Dollar Menu" Hauptman. We already signed our DP for the year, if you want to call him a DP.

#HauptmanOut

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Unlikely not to have a marquee signing... lmfao... maybe they'll convince Patrick Kane to sit in a box for a game.

firefan2001

Liked Posts:
Don't we need more help on our defense though? But, sure, why not.
We need help in the ownership department, but yes we need defenders.

This is just like a couple of years ago, all we were signing were defensive midfielders. I bet both or at least one of the them (Magee/Quincy) are being shopped.